Can you really eat a burger?

Options

Replies

• wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    I love a good burger but wtf is everyone obsession with Five Guys. Every time I've seen one of my partnes at work eat one it looks like a ball of grease that absorbed the bun.

It's not an obsession with me...I do like the way they taste...and I have them maybe 2 or 3 times a year.
  • wizzybeth
    Options
    All the burger I have seen so far in this thread look bad. They would be good for like 1/4 or 1/2 of the burger but I'm guessing I would get sick of the meat cheese grease combo.

Here is a real burger, comes with chips, not fries.

rtubt7qh2gae.jpg

No, that is not a burger. That is a chicken filet sandwich. Not a burger.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    All the burger I have seen so far in this thread look bad. They would be good for like 1/4 or 1/2 of the burger but I'm guessing I would get sick of the meat cheese grease combo.

rtubt7qh2gae.jpg

I couldn't quote it, so I'm having a ride on yours.
    THIS IS NOT A BURGER!!!
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    SuggaD wrote: »
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    SuggaD wrote: »
    It's not emotion. I have no emotional issue with food. I tend to stick to whole foods, but moderation is my overall philosophy. Back to the burger.... It is a treat as much as a milkshake is, i.e., especially a fast food burger, is high in calories. Most people cannot have one every day and lose or maintain their weight. They just don't have the calories for it, at least not if they want to maintain good nutrition. I wish folks on here would recognize that not everyone has a 3000 calorie TDEE to play with.

On a 1350-1400 calorie allotment, I have no trouble fitting in a burger and I do not consider it a treat, as it's food! I will be the first on here to say i often talk about cheesecake or chocolate. After my macros are met, if I have room, then I get to have these things. It's all about priorities. So I personally, don't drink my calories and exercise more that day to make a little bigger deficit.

You guys are missing the point. Can I fit a high calorie burger into my day everyday? Nope. And most people can't. On occasion, sure. And so can everyone. Good for you if you can fit it in every day. You are not in the majority. You guys are really arguing with the wrong person, just to argue. I'm not a food restricter or advocating restricting. Moderation means just that, not indulging in high calorie foods every single day. And it really isn't just calories. Those fast food burgers are high in everything and will likely throw off an average person's macros.

I don't agree that the majority couldn't eat it every day (not that they should, they don't even taste that good). When I'm dieting, I eat 1200 + exercise calories. A Quarter Pounder with Cheese actually has fewer calories than the burger I make at home (including bun and toppings for both).

I cook hamburgers a couple times a month. I don't consider it a special treat--I just eat it with the knowledge that I have to reign it in at lunch and breakfast.
  • wizzybeth
    Options
    Why does this "everyday" crap keep coming up when talking about eating foods like this?

I don't know a single person who would want to or expect to eat a cheeseburger (or cheesecake, or DQ Blizzards, or 600 calorie milkshakes, or eat only Twinkies and ice cream and Oreos.... etc...from other threads) every single day...

• Liftng4Lis
    Options
    Why does this "everyday" crap keep coming up when talking about eating foods like this?

I don't know a single person who would want to or expect to eat a cheeseburger (or cheesecake, or DQ Blizzards, or 600 calorie milkshakes, or eat only Twinkies and ice cream and Oreos.... etc...from other threads) every single day...

Woahhhh!!! did someone say cheesecake? :D
  • wizzybeth
    Options

Yeah for like, the 3rd time today. I'm having it on Friday night, along with prime rib and hopefully ample alcoholic beverages....and I can't stop thinking about it. LOL

• Liftng4Lis
    Options

Yeah for like, the 3rd time today. I'm having it on Friday night, along with prime rib and hopefully ample alcoholic beverages....and I can't stop thinking about it. LOL

You need to go look at my diary ! :#
  • wizzybeth
    Options

Ruh roh! Have you been overindulging in guilty pleasures?!
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    I'm still trying to figure out what that is, doesn't look like beef, doesn't look like chicken, is it breakfast sausage?
  • wizzybeth
    Options

But, but, but... I thought Cheesecake Factory cheesecake was like, a bazillion calories? 1400 or something? Ohhhhhhhh, I've been lied to all these times............

• Liftng4Lis
    Options
    herrspoons wrote: »
    All those who think McDs is better than BK. You are wrong.

That is all.

ypujeo1l4kn7.gif
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options

rtubt7qh2gae.jpg

Its called a Bondi burger. Looks more like a burger than a sandwich.

If you replace the chicken with beef would it be a beef sandwich? No that would be ridiculous. So is the idea that chicken can't be a burger.

You guys and your crazy ideas.
  • Merkavar
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »

rtubt7qh2gae.jpg
    BONDI BURGER™
    Bondi Burger (Triple Fillet) with chilli

Made the same way since back in the day - with three fresh-grilled 100% chicken breast fillets, crisp lettuce, cheese, creamy mayo and Oporto's legendary chilli sauce. Epic.

3310 kJ
    The average adult daily intake is 8700kJ

Want to know how you know when you are completely wrong? Scroll down...............

Even he is shocked.............

25a4476163e6371cdee6c485d4e2d68e8a8ee72ee9c7fbda346d312d09ede03b.jpg

How am I wrong?

You guys sound crazy or narrow minded when it comes to burgers
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    geez who knew a burger question would generate ten pages of this ….lolz..

I don't think OP ever came back ….and probably never will
  • Liftng4Lis
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    geez who knew a burger question would generate ten pages of this ….lolz..

I don't think OP ever came back ….and probably never will
    He came back to say he was having cow tonight! :D
  • Merkavar
    Options

rtubt7qh2gae.jpg
    BONDI BURGER™
    Bondi Burger (Triple Fillet) with chilli

Made the same way since back in the day - with three fresh-grilled 100% chicken breast fillets, crisp lettuce, cheese, creamy mayo and Oporto's legendary chilli sauce. Epic.

3310 kJ
    The average adult daily intake is 8700kJ

Want to know how you know when you are completely wrong? Scroll down...............

Even he is shocked.............

25a4476163e6371cdee6c485d4e2d68e8a8ee72ee9c7fbda346d312d09ede03b.jpg

How am I wrong?

You guys sound crazy or narrow minded when it comes to burgers

Dude, DYEAmerica?

Dyeamerica? What?

Adding to the idea you're crazy :p

Maybe speak in whole words
This discussion has been closed.