Do you count coffee as water?

Options
12345679»

Replies

• TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    wait, you're saying water can be something else????? :)

Yep.
  • teeya1984
    teeya1984 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    How many times are we going to have the same question asked, Water is water pure and simple. Just because one uses water to make coffee, tea, add to juice, soup etc, does not make it water. I have never seen coffee, tea etc comes out of the water faucet.

If one wants to use tea, coffee etc as their water thats between them and the scale which does not lie. I log water as water and my scale does not lie.

super rude. i found this water question really helpful and was very disappointed to see such a snarky reply to it. its this kind of thing that makes me nervous to post my questions.

What's rude about it, water is water pure and simple. There are too many touchy people on here that is looking for an easy way out to lose weight. This water debate does not even warrant a discussion, but it comes up every few days, because some people cannot/and will not drink water and they want the sensible ones on MFP to tell them that tea, coffee, cocoa etc is water. Water is water, when something else is added, it changes everything.

what was rude about it was the "How many times are we going to have the same question asked" part. some people may have just joined MFP, some people have no idea what they are doing, some people are just looking for guidance. i agree that i only log water as water and maybe you could have just said that rather than "How many times are we going to have the same question asked". no where does it say people can't ask a reasonable question.
  • Catiejoy27
    Catiejoy27 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I was surprised to see that Donut Shop coffee is actually 5 calories, whereas the green tea was none, so I am just starting this journey but I think I will count the tea as water but not the coffee