3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    eric_sg61 wrote: »
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    4leighbee wrote: »
    Hornsby wrote: »
    dbmata wrote: »
    I'm a little surprised how civil this conversation has remained...

because it's a solid topic to discuss.

I agree. I just figured there would be someone come in and blow it up with a dumb comment as per the status quo.

Glad to see it's staying civilized.

Believe me - I am too!! I wasn't sure whether I wanted to hit send (at 3:40 a.m.). It has gone way out of my league in terms of understanding what you guys are talking about ... however, I appreciate that you guys are offering different and honest perspectives. I won't get this from his health textbook, lol!!

And that right there is my biggest beef with PED hysteria. We have some of the finest physical specimens humanity has ever produced willing to hack the crap out of their systems - and instead of doing it in a controlled, documentable way so that everybody can learn from it, we drive it underground where much of the knowledge is lost.

It's stupid.

Legalize all of it.

Couldn't have said it better.
    Just to note, even if PED's never existed the genetic elite people in their respective sports would still be the elite in their sports. A lot of recreational bodybuilders take steroids and they all don't look like Arnold or Ronnie

I agree.
  • Lofteren
    Lofteren Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    eric_sg61 wrote: »
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    4leighbee wrote: »
    dbmata wrote: »
    I'm a little surprised how civil this conversation has remained...

because it's a solid topic to discuss.

I agree. I just figured there would be someone come in and blow it up with a dumb comment as per the status quo.

Glad to see it's staying civilized.

Believe me - I am too!! I wasn't sure whether I wanted to hit send (at 3:40 a.m.). It has gone way out of my league in terms of understanding what you guys are talking about ... however, I appreciate that you guys are offering different and honest perspectives. I won't get this from his health textbook, lol!!

And that right there is my biggest beef with PED hysteria. We have some of the finest physical specimens humanity has ever produced willing to hack the crap out of their systems - and instead of doing it in a controlled, documentable way so that everybody can learn from it, we drive it underground where much of the knowledge is lost.

It's stupid.

Legalize all of it.

Couldn't have said it better.
    Just to note, even if PED's never existed the genetic elite people in their respective sports would still be the elite in their sports. A lot of recreational bodybuilders take steroids and they all don't look like Arnold or Ronnie

^This. Genetics are far more potent than any performance enhancing drug available today.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,222 MFP Moderator
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hey folks - just a gentle reminder here that one of MyFitnessPals community guidelines is:

Posts Must Abide By All Legal Statutes

a) Do not post messages that violate federal, state/provincial, or local laws which include, but are not limited to, anything that violates a copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or is bound by NDA (non-disclosure agreement).
    b) Posts which promote or encourage illegal activities, including, but not limited to, use of illegal substances, violence against others, and procurement of prescription drugs without a prescription, are prohibited.
    c) Images containing hateful or violent imagery, depiction of illegal activities, or copyrighted material are not allowed and will be removed.

MyFitnessPal does not condone the use of illegal substances.

davis_em
  • Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options
    davis_em wrote: »
    Hey folks - just a gentle reminder here that one of MyFitnessPals community guidelines is:

Posts Must Abide By All Legal Statutes

a) Do not post messages that violate federal, state/provincial, or local laws which include, but are not limited to, anything that violates a copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or is bound by NDA (non-disclosure agreement).
    b) Posts which promote or encourage illegal activities, including, but not limited to, use of illegal substances, violence against others, and procurement of prescription drugs without a prescription, are prohibited.
    c) Images containing hateful or violent imagery, depiction of illegal activities, or copyrighted material are not allowed and will be removed.

davis_em

What about conversations related to Testosterone Replacement Therapy?
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I think they cleaned up the thread. We can talk about it. Just can't promote it or talk about how to buy it or whatever.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Sam_I_Am77 wrote: »

That is legal as prescribed by a doctor. Prescribed HGH is also an interesting and valid topic, IMO. So far, I don’t think anyone has pushed illegal use. Only acknowledged that it appears to work and hasn’t been studied. I think the increased legal usage of these substances is going to yield a good bit of data (some great, some bad).
  • Hornsby
    Options
    From what I can tell, only the guy who was saying he currently does it had his posts removed. Glad to see MFP let this one keep going.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    From what I can tell, only the guy who was saying he currently does it had his posts removed. Glad to see MFP let this one keep going.

This is not the first time a locked thread has re open.

• 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    None of you knows me, lol ... but I'm freaking out. Are they gonna put me in MFP jail ... :) dang.
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options

Seems one of mine got culled as well, probably due to my slightly flippant "go for it I don't care" post :P
  • Hornsby
    Options
    You triathletes don't count anyways. No one should be able to run a marathon after swimming 2 miles and riding 100+ miles... ;)
  • glevinso
    Options
    Neither time I did a full did I succeed in actually "running" that marathon. Both times I got to about mile 16 or so and blew up spectacularly and walked/waddled/jogged(ish) my way to the end.

#3 coming up in June... gonna try to actually run it all this time :)
  • Hornsby
    Options
    glevinso wrote: »
    Neither time I did a full did I succeed in actually "running" that marathon. Both times I got to about mile 16 or so and blew up spectacularly and walked/waddled/jogged(ish) my way to the end.

#3 coming up in June... gonna try to actually run it all this time :)

You are a better man than I, my friend :)

I have did plenty of century rides and can't imagine running after one. Drink a beer after a century..yes. Run at all...no :)
  • glevinso
    Options
    Beer... The #1 reason I do endurance sports. So I can justify all those calories! :)
  • Hornsby
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Beer... The #1 reason I do endurance sports. So I can justify all those calories! :)

I ride to eat..so I get it :) People ask me why I don't cut cardio so I can get more gains...I'm like...uh, yea, but then how can I eat 3600 per day?

I'm still just fat boy but I'm trapped in a lean body...lol.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

Totally off topic but totally related to this post. I believe based on other posts I've seen by you, you also have a Garmin 920xt. Did you know there is a beers earned app you can download for it?
  • glevinso
    Options
    Yes I do use a 920xt. I am not sure what use a "beers earned" app would be for me, but I love the concept.

I tend to earn ALL the beer so it doesn't matter (sometimes I have to force myself to eat more just to maintain weight)
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    davis_em wrote: »

All of the things under discussion are fully legal under medical supervision.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    The issue with simply saying "have at it" and let everyone use what they want, is that eventually the drug use will get pushed too far and people will die.

That's not a logic path available to a sport like American football, where turning players' brains to porridge is a common, "acceptable risk" occurrence.
  • Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options
    Sam_I_Am77 wrote: »

That is legal as prescribed by a doctor. Prescribed HGH is also an interesting and valid topic, IMO. So far, I don’t think anyone has pushed illegal use. Only acknowledged that it appears to work and hasn’t been studied. I think the increased legal usage of these substances is going to yield a good bit of data (some great, some bad).

I have a buddy that works for a different Anti-Aging center than where I go and they do prescribe HGH. What's interesting is that it's a cash-only business, no insurance is accepted. But it is a big business here in Vegas, it's not like some underground behind-the-scenes business.