Having a treat 1/2x a week and peoples reactions to it

Options

Replies

• lemonlionheart
    lemonlionheart Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    xstephnz wrote: »
    But how do you know how many calories you had left over if you're not logging?

I have done some random tracking. I'm not exactly consistent.

I really really recommend that you tighten up your logging and log accurately and consistently. I agree that you should allow yourself some treats, but I'm worried that if you're not logging accurately then you won't get anywhere. I personally feel that if your mother is willing to pay for your gym membership then she should be happy that you are working out and being healthier rather than demanding immediate physical results, this is a separate issue however. Log accurately and consistently for yourself, and let the results speak for themselves. :)
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Also it won't matter how much you work out if your diet isn't on point.
    You can't outrun a bad diet.
    You've received some excellent advice here. Now it's 100% in your hands
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    its like talking to the wall...........
  • Christine_72
    Options

yes, it's starting to look that way :confounded:

• ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I'm sure she's just gone somewhere.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    lose enough weight and your mom will start BUYING sundaes for you. ;) at least that has been my experience.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options

Posting here earned her another treat.
  • ogmomma2012
    Options
    Mr_Knight wrote: »

I'm not gonna rag on her, I remember trying those kinds of baby steps... I sent her a friend request hoping she'll gain some courage seeing my feed.
  • Christine_72
    Options

Maybe I'm wrong. It's just the impression I'm getting. Like she's making a half hearted attempt??

• marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    isn't she in New Zealand? maybe she's just asleep....

Checked the timezone - apparently not an excuse.
  • Drewlssix
    Drewlssix Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    You're 25 years old.

She sounds like a teenager though, both in describing her interactions with her mother and in her somewhat melodramatic relating of events.
  • ogmomma2012
    edited March 2015
    Options

Maybe I'm wrong. It's just the impression I'm getting. Like she's making a half hearted attempt??

Maybe she's under pressure, maybe there's underlying emotional issues. Maybe it IS half-hearted. She never said whether her mom was investing in her weightloss because OP asked for her to, or because OP's mom is a controlling nutcase and that is a condition of her staying in her house.
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    hi there! change is hard. though everyone here is seriously trying to help i can imagine its overwhelming. one step at a time. obviously there is alot of pressure at home . if your at all an emotional eater this is probably a pretty big challenge. u can do this. being here, making yourself vulnerable to criticism shows u want to do things different. plan your meals out the day before, even just breakfast and lunch. log it. see what it looks like. pick a treat the day before. just one. tell ur mom if u need to. sometimes it helps to have something to look forward to. good luck.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    Ugh, everyone stop, speculating on her situation. Anything could have happened. Who knows. Reading all your thoughts is kind of gross.

OP - close your diary if you wouldn't be honest with yourself with it open, and put everything in there. Follow the consensus advice in the stickies.

Try not to battle with your mom over everything. I assume she's paying for your membership because she's wanting you to do well. That's a lucky break. Get strong in your body, the rest will follow.
  • HC832
    HC832 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    No matter how much she wants to, your mother cannot substitute her will for your own.

She needs to give you the gift of letting you be responsible for your own choices.

If she is not willing to bankroll your gym membership unless you do it her way and let her oversee everything, she shouldn't be paying, and you would be better off not accepting.

A lot of parents, out of love, try to manage everything in their children's lives. But that won't help you lose weight, unless you are five years old and she's making your meals.

In fact, this attitude of over-involvement may have directly contributed to your current difficulties.

What do you really want? How will you get there? Only you can answer this.

Achieving your own goals, in your own way and on your own terms, will serve you a lot better in the rest of your life than doing exactly what mom (or another authority) says.

You have MFP and what appears to be two good legs and a brain, and you can figure out what you choose to do and where you're going from here.
  • xstephnz
    xstephnz Posts: 278 Member
    Options

I am still here.

No need to be rude guys. I actually WAS asleep, I only got an hour in last night. Why are you guys being so judgemental? I am having trouble keeping up with all the threads. I'm sure I'm not obligated to reply to every individual post that goes here. Just like you aren't obligated to help me.
  • xstephnz
    Options
    Mr_Knight wrote: »

Wow, I hope you feel really pleased with yourself
  • xstephnz
    Options
    Honestly... I want to reply to all of the posts, but some of them are really rude, or prying. I don't have to give information as to why I still live at home or what my relationship with my mother is like. Thank you to the people that have been kind and respectful, or have kept the snark to a minimum. I am sick of getting judged.

I want to read through the posts and reply, but I honestly think it would make me cry. It was hard enough reading them once. I'm not sure if I will go back and reply to everyone individually, I would probably get lost with all the responses, and I'm not sure if there would be any point.

Most of the posts here have been helpful and friendly, so thanks. It's easy to say that everyone here is a jerk, but that's just not true. I just don't take criticism well, unless it is delivered in a certain way (blame my inner ENFP :-p)
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I believe you should treat yourself 1 to 2 times a week at the weekend. The difference is changing the types of treats you have for example you mention craving a caramel sundae from Mcdonalds.. to me this is a waste of calories as it has absolutley no nutritional value, I would advise googling healthy treat options and start incorporating them in to your life, at first you will crave whar you know but eventually your palet will get used to these treats and your body and will thank you for treating it with respect and giving it what it needs.

My main healthy treats I snack on on weekends are Protien pancakes with strawberries and natural yoghart or peanut butter and banana. I also love dark warm almond milk with a handful or cashew nuts and dark choclate. Fruit salads with granola yoghart and honey is amazing if your craving sweet.

Google has thousands of easy recipes which if you choose can improve your health and life.

A whole lot of NO in one post.
    Dark warm almond milk? **shudders**