Running shirtless...?

Options

Replies

• Agator82
    Agator82 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I thought it was interesting that Runner's World had recently addressed this question here, http://m.runnersworld.com/fun/etiquette-for-runners

Specifically the answer was as follows:

Q: As the weather gets warmer, I have to ask that perennial question: Is it OK for men to run without a shirt?
    A: Runners have been asking this since the days of Pheidippides. (Little-known fact: He didn't die of exhaustion. He died of embarrassment shortly after running past a Greek woman who shouted, in front of everyone, "Put a shirt on!") The best way I've found to answer this is to say: Yes. But only if you have the physique for it.

Q: How do I know if I have the physique for it?
    A: If you aren't sure, the answer is: You don't. Stay in your shirt.
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I think it's kind of tacky, plus we ladies can't run with no shirt on so why should you get to?

I think that's totally like calling somebody's t-shirt that they're running in tacky. It's really nobody's business but yours what you wear! Who cares?

And if someone asks if a shirt is tacky, I'll say so. If it were truly no one else's business OP wouldn't have asked.
  • LumpsandRolls
    Options
    I'd knock myself out. :sad:
  • OGJake12
    OGJake12 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Why would you care? Its a great way to get some color, and its a confidence booster, in my opinion.
  • OGJake12
    OGJake12 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    You people will debate the most trivial things. As soon as the temp permits the shirt is gone. Wear what you want or don't want. If someone cares, its their problem.

Could not have been said better by anyone.
  • murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I've heard some pretty horrid stories about nipple chaffing, so yea go without a shirt.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    For men; yes, run shirtless. For women; no. Unfair, but that's the way it is.

Why is it unfair? Go run topless and ruin your breasts. Personally, I'm happy with what I've got and love having them. If that means wearing a sports bra to run, oh geez.. Life is just awful.
    [/quote

What?? I meant that women shouldn't run in just a bra, it could be dangerous, attracting the wrong kind of attention.. I did NOT mean they should be able to run topless! Jesus, read the post!!!!

Calm down, cupcake.
  • _Countryboy_
    Options
    I run shirtless quite often. I get a few strange looks from the ladies...but the guys seem to dig it....
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Just stopping by to say...

Men with hairy chests are sexy
    Men with bare chests are sexy
    Men with some sprinkling of chest hair are sexy

Run topless all you want. I look forward to running in my sports bra and shorts again. :)
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I want to. But can't do that to the world yet. Maybe by this fall, or next spring.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    If there is no law against it and you chest doesn't look like a science experiement gone horribly wrong then I think it's fine.

Personally I wouldn't do it but women tend to wear sports bras which are basically wear just a bra in public... and some of the running shorts we wear! *yeesh!* they are so short and somewhat revealing so if woment can be that unclad then why can't a man?
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I don't want to see any sweaty moobs swishing back and forth until people stop flipping out about women breastfeeding in public.
  • Ender126
    Ender126 Posts: 44
    Options
    I don't want to see any sweaty moobs swishing back and forth until people stop flipping out about women breastfeeding in public.

Then don't flip out on us when we ask if you have room for one more... jk lol

I'm not so worried about my chest hair, more about the back hair.... It's like a shirt of its own ;)
  • Power_Man77
    Power_Man77 Posts: 207
    Options
    Men never wear shirts to run where I live. Except this one guy who wears a button-down linen shirt over his banana hammock. I'd rather he go shirtless and wear shorts, personally.

I run in a bikini top and shorts.

There's a guy I've seen at one of the parks here a couple times who run -- RUNS! -- in a button-down shirt, jeans and a belt.

Somebody who running from the PO PO
  • GeeGirl82
    GeeGirl82 Posts: 32
    Options
    My bf and I both run shirtless when it's real hot out.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options

I'm not so worried about my chest hair, more about the back hair.... It's like a shirt of its own ;)

If you were really hoping to get in on some breastfeeding action, you're really not sweetening the deal here with that hairy back thing. Just sayin' :)
  • dcl3872
    dcl3872 Posts: 20
    Options
    I run the same way, I say if it feels good its alright ,
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Men never wear shirts to run where I live. Except this one guy who wears a button-down linen shirt over his banana hammock. I'd rather he go shirtless and wear shorts, personally.

I run in a bikini top and shorts.

There's a guy I've seen at one of the parks here a couple times who run -- RUNS! -- in a button-down shirt, jeans and a belt.

Somebody who running from the PO PO

lol

Well, the trail is a circle, he isn't running THAT fast and I've seen him more than once in the same park. So we must have some pretty dumb po-po. :-)
  • Ender126
    Ender126 Posts: 44
    Options

If you were really hoping to get in on some breastfeeding action, you're really not sweetening the deal here with that hairy back thing. Just sayin' :)

You ever run your fingers through some long hair... Yeah, you know you want to lol
  • yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Dooooo iiiiiiiiiit!!!!!