Let's clear up a misconception

Options

Replies

• joyner0253
    joyner0253 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    tzbrjjE.gif

Unfortunately, the ones who need to hear this the most will not hear it. It's all they have. They'll never give up their last ditch argument in favor of common sense.

• Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    A box of Peeps is a few bucks, why exactly are we losing our minds over something that you can get on the shelf of a gas station 24 hours a day?
  • MrCoolGrim
    MrCoolGrim Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • MrCoolGrim
    MrCoolGrim Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    My powers have been restored

giphy.gif
  • Maitria
    Maitria Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lnlorlksZL1qafrh6.gif

I never do gifs right, hope it works.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Options
    emily_stew wrote: »
    bw_conway wrote: »
    A box of Peeps is a few bucks, why exactly are we losing our minds over something that you can get on the shelf of a gas station 24 hours a day?

Please show on the doll where marshmallow peeps hurt you

Indifference isn't painful, so the doll is not helpful.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Options

Indifference isn't painful, so the doll is not helpful.

So your preferred gas station treat is beef jerky, I hear you.

I guess I should just play along and post a pic of beef jerky and be all giddy about it...well, just trust me, I'm messing with Sasquatch and reveling in the consumption of a crappy little piece of dried up beef. Up next are the Funions and the Ringdings...
  • Desi2479
    Desi2479 Posts: 909 Member
    Options

That made me laugh way more than it should have.

I'll also add myself to those that are not fans of Peeps. I think it's the sugar coating because I love marshmallows. Although, I will admit, this thread has me wanting to buy a box and see if I still dislike them. Yellow, of course, for their magic weight loss powers.
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Lots of people who eat food in moderation, don't ONLY eat processed or junk food, candy and ice cream as all their meals. Many of us actually eat lots of whole foods in high amounts too.

Carry on.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Exactly. Had two Reese's eggs earlier, but I'm also having a salad for dinner with grilled chicken and lots of veggies. Some people seem to think it's an either/or type of thing and that if you practice moderation all you eat is what they consider "bad" foods. Couldn't be further from the truth.

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    Is this the thread where I confess that I've never liked marshmallows in any form? I always thought they were too sweet.

I haven't eaten a marshmallow in over 20 years, cos all the commercial ones have gelatine in them. I'm pretty sure the minute someone makes a non-gelatine version I'm going to discover I hate the stuff.

I kind of miss mallowpuffs though. Stick those suckers in the microwave for a few seconds = gooey chocolatey goodness.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmqFCicQPdz4xqcDaOEcPG4ByZUDNP7YUUdbn8ikuDdgZjOtNk_A

oh man i love those things too.

one of my (former and weight contributing) habits was to have milk and cookies in bed at night. not bad if you only eat a cookie or two but you know, half the package later im going 'wtf?' LOLOLOL. every now and then i would get those pinwheel things. nomnomnom

and nutterbutter (preferably wafers)

and oreos

and those peanut butter fudge filled things

and fudge covered graham crackers

and anything keebler

and now we know why debbie doesnt eat cookies and milk in bed at night anymore LOLOLOL
  • rosnigetsfit
    rosnigetsfit Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Nuff said! *high five*
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I choose to limit heavily refined carbs. I'm not demonizing carbs.
    I choose to limit added sugars in my diet. I'm not demonizing sugar.

Agreed!
    If someone limits their consumption of soda are they demonizing it?

Not necessarily. Usually not, even.
    If someone limits their consumption of fast foods are they demonizing it?

Not necessarily. Usually not, even.
    Sounds like moderation to me.

Certainly could be!
    I choose to limit heavily refined carbs and added sugars. Sounds like moderation to me. I may limit more than the next guy, but it's what works for me.

Your descriptions of your eating choices fit my definition of moderation. But you are the one who seems to self-identify with the "clean eaters." Not sure why, although I appreciate that you don't share the bizarre affection for the term that so many have.

I think people "demonize" sugar when they say: "sugar is the devil." Or "I am addicted to sugar, it's just like crack." Or when they post links to documentaries about how sugar, on its own and with evil intent (just kidding on that bit) made the US fat--not overeating, but sugar in ketchup or some such. Or, my very favorite, when people claim that the reason people go to McD's--McD's!--is not the fries or the fat or the salt, but the miniscule amounts of sugar in the buns and ketchup and of course the sodas. Because goodness knows the buns and ketchup is what people like about McD's, and you can't find a soda anywhere else in the whole USA!
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    dym123 wrote: »
    9rcpiklfuhs9.png

This is the best thing ever.
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    Is this the thread where I confess that I've never liked marshmallows in any form? I always thought they were too sweet.

Sister! I HATE marshmallows so very much. The only way I could ever manage them when cooking out was to set them on fire and then eat them after they were all charred. (I am sure that was EXTREMELY unhealthy, yes.) As a result, I also hate 'smores and get annoyed that they are so beloved. (So far as I can tell no one genuinely likes peeps.)
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,415 Member
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »

I haven't eaten a marshmallow in over 20 years, cos all the commercial ones have gelatine in them. I'm pretty sure the minute someone makes a non-gelatine version I'm going to discover I hate the stuff.

I kind of miss mallowpuffs though. Stick those suckers in the microwave for a few seconds = gooey chocolatey goodness.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmqFCicQPdz4xqcDaOEcPG4ByZUDNP7YUUdbn8ikuDdgZjOtNk_A

Childhood awesomeness, were mallow puffs. Also:

wagon_wheels.jpg
This discussion has been closed.