Let's clear up a misconception

Options

Replies

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    EWJLang wrote: »
    wait? theres marshmallows here? i want some smores! who do i place my order with?

no peeps cause yeah yuck. but toasted marshmallows with hersheys and graham crackers. YES PLEASE!

now im gonna have a craving for it and i dont have ANY of it LOLOLO)L

I want smores now, also. I wonder if anyone has ever made smores with Nutella instead of a Hershey's bar? My Hershey's never melts very much and I need more gooeyness.

i think i just had an orgasm............

I'm just helping all kinds of people today!

You're a giver. It's what you do.

I think the real answer is Digestive Biscuit, glob of Nutella, then glob of Fluff, placed under broiler until toasty.

Wash down with good beer or single malt Scotch. Repeat.

Oh my. I need to bank some serious calories.

I need this. I did have to Google digestive biscuits, but they seem perfect for this. Along with a mocha stout.
  • blukitten
    blukitten Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    SBRRepeat wrote: »
    wait? theres marshmallows here? i want some smores! who do i place my order with?

no peeps cause yeah yuck. but toasted marshmallows with hersheys and graham crackers. YES PLEASE!

I want smores now, also. I wonder if anyone has ever made smores with Nutella instead of a Hershey's bar? My Hershey's never melts very much and I need more gooeyness.

Reese's cups are the secret. They melt faster than solid chocolate.
    You can also make a mean smore with a mini snickers bar.

I saw a picture of a s'mores dip the other day, melted chocolate in a pan covered with toasted marshmallows then dip in with graham crackers!! Wanted soooooo bad-- but cant have--- *pout lip*

Also (before the discovery of my PCOS) I made empanada's with snack size snickers inside...... sooooo gooodddddd,,, the snickers was all melty and gooey inside!!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

We just use fudge stripe cookies in place of the graham crackers.

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    This thread may actually be even better than the burger one!!

I had lots of intelligent thoughts to add to the conversation as I read through, but pretty sure they've already been made...so I'll give you this instead, which has nothing whatsoever to do with food, but, Elmo!!

Elmo+on+the+moon+elmo+on+the+moon+dancing_72eff0_3251535.gif
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'll add one-- People who choose to cut down their alcohol, sugar, gluten, lactose, whatever are not necessarily 'demonizing' anything or suggesting you do the same. :)

Correct!
    I choose to limit heavily refined carbs. I'm not demonizing carbs.
    I choose to limit added sugars in my diet. I'm not demonizing sugar.

If someone limits their consumption of soda are they demonizing it?
    If someone limits their consumption of fast foods are they demonizing it?
    Sounds like moderation to me.

I choose to limit heavily refined carbs and added sugars. Sounds like moderation to me. I may limit more than the next guy, but it's what works for me.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options

We just use fudge stripe cookies in place of the graham crackers.

This is a really great idea, too. I'll be trying this as soon as I cleanse my body of the toxins from the previous smore experiments.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    blukitten wrote: »

aaaaannnnnddddd now I hate you. I want to be able to eat that many carbs and yummy cereals but my genetic predisposition for my body to store fat when I eat carbs or sugar says I cant :(:(:( *pout lip*

Cannot believe that nobody commented on that little special snowflake who doesn't work like science.

And now I want a pulled pork sandwich too.

Guess what I had for lunch today????! @Francl27

IMG_1116_zpsjgkmmmys.jpg**

And I had pie for dessert. (pic not included...it didn't last long enough)

And it was *** delicious

**Editor's note...NOT a burger

Now that's mean.

I did decide to cook my pork chops in the crockpot with some barbecue sauce tomorrow because of this post. I don't have buns though, but I can make do with some good sliced bread.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    I dislike everyone in this thread.

Why are you trying to derail yet another thread? I thought this one was about peeps?

I dislike Peeps

I heard that. Peeps are gross. But I don't like unburnt marshmallows, so...

Maybe I could eat Peeps if they were set on fire first, but that might take away their cleansing properties.

I am just chiming in to say that Roasted Peeps are the absolute best. You will never eat another regular peep, or regular Roasted Marshmallow, again. It carmelizes the sugar on the outside of the peeps and makes awesome S'mores.

You are all welcome.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    I dislike everyone in this thread.

Why are you trying to derail yet another thread? I thought this one was about peeps?

I dislike Peeps

I heard that. Peeps are gross. But I don't like unburnt marshmallows, so...

Maybe I could eat Peeps if they were set on fire first, but that might take away their cleansing properties.

I am just chiming in to say that Roasted Peeps are the absolute best. You will never eat another regular peep, or regular Roasted Marshmallow, again. It carmelizes the sugar on the outside of the peeps and makes awesome S'mores.

You are all welcome.

I can't decide if I'm feeling more like Jasmine or Rose right now.

tumblr_m8aauxA6lc1ql439fo1_250.gif

tumblr_lb1gz7aOsg1qcftw3o1_500.gif
  • ashleycde
    ashleycde Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I eat in moderation, yet am somehow single-handedly keeping Norwegian salmon smokers, my local bakery, and Philadelphia in business.

I also want to take this time to give a shout out to the recommended 85 g serving of pasta, "Hahahahaha! You kidder!"
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Since we are all about the pics today...

PeepS'mores.jpg

Also, a word to the wise. Be very careful handling the roasted Peeps. The hot sugar burns like a mofo if you touch it to check the consistency of your deliciously melted charred peep.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Is this the thread where I confess that I've never liked marshmallows in any form? I always thought they were too sweet.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Is this the thread where I confess that I've never liked marshmallows in any form? I always thought they were too sweet.

Agree...I'll choke down one roasted over the campfire (or in a smore) just for nostalgia purposes...but they do nothing for me.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I've had chocolate for breakfast for the last three days this week.

What that statement doesn't tell you is that it was two squares of 85% lindt and the rest of my days were made up of moslty whole healthy foods, a *kitten* tonne of veggies, lean protein and healthy fats.

I think part of the issue is that people in the fitness industry post about eating certain foods without adding the context to their statements.

• Nony_Mouse
    edited March 2015
    Options

I haven't eaten a marshmallow in over 20 years, cos all the commercial ones have gelatine in them. I'm pretty sure the minute someone makes a non-gelatine version I'm going to discover I hate the stuff.

I kind of miss mallowpuffs though. Stick those suckers in the microwave for a few seconds = gooey chocolatey goodness.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmqFCicQPdz4xqcDaOEcPG4ByZUDNP7YUUdbn8ikuDdgZjOtNk_A
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options

This is why I can only have them burnt. The burnt sugar offsets the sweet a little bit for me. Even then I can only eat like one big marshmallow.
  • MrCoolGrim
    MrCoolGrim Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    you failed again, stop using the google search url.[/quote]
    MrCoolGrim wrote: »
    url?sa=i&rct=j&q=peeps+eye+gif&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CAcQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmetro.co.uk%2F2014%2F09%2F13%2Fhow-to-plan-your-wedding-according-to-peep-show-4843988%2F&ei=8ML4VJKjAcWSyATdt4HwCA&bvm=bv.87519884,d.aWw&psig=AFQjCNFkMQNyvwnR3i7pYnoh3TGdu4ysrQ&ust=1425674433230664
    gmallan wrote: »
    I've had chocolate for breakfast for the last three days this week.

What that statement doesn't tell you is that it was two squares of 85% lindt and the rest of my days were made up of moslty whole healthy foods, a *kitten* tonne of veggies, lean protein and healthy fats.

I think part of the issue is that people in the fitness industry post about eating certain foods without adding the context to their statements.

I agree I had my chocolate mixed with peanut butter and tuna for lunch today :p
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I don't like peeps...but I buy them for my kids. I got them the "mystery" peeps the other day. :s They weren't so popular... Does it count if we at least have them in the house? I really only like homemade marshmallows.

I just had pizza with feta, pineapple and jalapenos. It was soooooooooo good. I have just enough calories left for some chocolate.

• Nony_Mouse
    Options
    Wait, does my lifestyle choice not to eat marshmallow (and therefore Peeps, which I'm not sure we can even get in NZ) mean I'm doomed to never lose weight? Should I just give up now???
  • MrCoolGrim
    MrCoolGrim Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    blukitten wrote: »

aaaaannnnnddddd now I hate you. I want to be able to eat that many carbs and yummy cereals but my genetic predisposition for my body to store fat when I eat carbs or sugar says I cant :(:(:( *pout lip*

Cannot believe that nobody commented on that little special snowflake who doesn't work like science.

And now I want a pulled pork sandwich too.

Guess what I had for lunch today????! @Francl27

IMG_1116_zpsjgkmmmys.jpg**

And I had pie for dessert. (pic not included...it didn't last long enough)

And it was *** delicious

**Editor's note...NOT a burger

Now that's mean.

I did decide to cook my pork chops in the crockpot with some barbecue sauce tomorrow because of this post. I don't have buns though, but I can make do with some good sliced bread.

Testing my gif power on my tablet

200_s.gif
This discussion has been closed.