Fun Weight Loss Facts

Options
123457»

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    My doctors told me this. And i thought i would share that information. No need to be rude to someone for trying to be helpful

Your doctors are incorrect. :)
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    Current weight×10 = the caloric intake your body needs to maintain current weight
    I weigh 139 pounds, so 1390 is the amount of calories I should eat to maintain weight?

Afraid not. :) 1390 is my basal metabolic rate. I maintain on about 1960 net (or 1960-2200 calories, depending on exercise).
    Goal weight ×10 = the caloric intake you need to be at (should not be under 1100 for women and 1300 for men)

Subtract the 2 caloric intake values and that is how much you "burn" just from dieting!

Add your calories burned from exercise and divide by 3500 and that is your estimated pounds lost.
    (This is just rough estimate calculations... often times weight lost is more than estimated value.)
    I'm lost here.

I burned 100 calories with 30 minutes of "Crying - Profusely (Butthurt 93-95%)." That means I lost 0.02857142857 pounds!

giphy.gif
  • anacd
    anacd Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    minties82 wrote: »
    Funnest fact of all...imperial measuments are irritating!

LOL I calculated in kgs and was thinking: no way I have to eat so few calories! Than I realized she was probably talking is lbs lol

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRS1nAeNycxeI7P8OrVfKdGA1FC6pB-EWNXVmD9DdonqSuBudtcWA
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    Now I'm a wild animal?? OMG you're so MEAN! My feelings are HURT. I'm gonna go cry now. And probably binge. And blame it on YOU. /sarcasm

I have seen people be pretty mean on these forums, this wasn't even remotely in the ball park.

Srsly, how does anyone that thin-skinned make it through life. And yes, I probably am being mean now, but ffs!!

Raawwrrr
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    Current weight×10 = the caloric intake your body needs to maintain current weight
    I weigh 139 pounds, so 1390 is the amount of calories I should eat to maintain weight?

Afraid not. :) 1390 is my basal metabolic rate. I maintain on about 1960 net (or 1960-2200 calories, depending on exercise).
    Goal weight ×10 = the caloric intake you need to be at (should not be under 1100 for women and 1300 for men)

Subtract the 2 caloric intake values and that is how much you "burn" just from dieting!

Add your calories burned from exercise and divide by 3500 and that is your estimated pounds lost.
    (This is just rough estimate calculations... often times weight lost is more than estimated value.)
    I'm lost here.

I burned 100 calories with 30 minutes of "Crying - Profusely (Butthurt 93-95%)." That means I lost 0.02857142857 pounds!

giphy.gif

High five back to ya! :D
  • Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    colbert-jaw-drop.gif

Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread. Earnest and respectful debate on any message in the forums is acceptable. Attacking the messenger is not.

The forum guidelines include this item:
    Please note the following forum guideline:
    1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.

b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

You may review the forum guidelines in their entirety at the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

Thanks for your understanding,

Adam, MyFitnessPal Moderator
This discussion has been closed.