It's almost spring! Will you walk your dog?

12345679»

Replies

• WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    We never stopped! He prefers to run rather than walk (abused as a puppy and still afraid of people, but doesn't have as much of a problem with them if we're running). I don't run in the cold though so he'll be happy that we're doing more running than walking. He's fine with snow but pouts when we go out in the rain. My 75 lb baby!

dyq2rv8wzzzg.jpg
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    lilRicki wrote: »
    My fur baby got a 74 minute walk yesterday. We both have cabin fever so bad that it's laughable. She's a husky/lab/shepherd but something went wrong with her paws so she hates walking in the cold and snow. We run her as much as her paws allow in the winter, but during the non-snow months we are hiking as much as possible. She's a great workout partner :) And yes, I've tried booties...she refuses to even move when she wears them.

I tried getting my dachshund to wear booties, and as sweet and docile as he usually is, even at the veterinarian's office, you would have thought I was trying to choke him to death!
  • atypicalsmith
    Today was the first day of spring and very yucky! But Hogan and I still walked a mile, and he is very happy as yesterday it was pouring down rain.
  • lds818
    lds818 Posts: 15 Member
    Lucky to be in FL so can walk most of the time. I have a very active English Shepard so we walk everyday sometimes twice a day. She likes to walk fast! I feel guilty if we don't go...she stalks me around the house till we go:)
  • atypicalsmith
    lds818 wrote: »
    Lucky to be in FL so can walk most of the time. I have a very active English Shepard so we walk everyday sometimes twice a day. She likes to walk fast! I feel guilty if we don't go...she stalks me around the house till we go:)

Hah, I have a male dachshund who wants to pee every 20 or thirty steps even though there's nothing left! And that's in my neighborhood, which is FAMILIAR territory! When I take him to a park to walk, he stops every five or six steps. At least in my neighborhood once we've rounded the corner and are on our way home, he walks very quickly and doesn't stop at all.
  • angelasrescuedog
    angelasrescuedog Posts: 11 Member
    I walk my dog in all weathers. We do 3 miles in the morning takes about an hour and a quick 1.5 miles when I get home from work. Keeps him and me fit
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    gia07 wrote: »
    Roxie is my 1 year old chocolate lab. She is in training and every morning we go for a walk as she is being trained to walk on the leash. She already know how to sit, lay down and other things...

She is a great and smart dog... this is a puppy picture a moth after I brought her home..wvwpswpyfqa7.jpg

Soooo darned cute! :)

• Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Probably not. I have a fenced half acre for them to play on and too many people don't use leashes. They're older anyway (15 and 13) and both are getting stiff and slow, they're happier going at their own pace in their own space.