Too Cold To Get To The Gym! Best of Your Favorite Free Online Exercise Videos-30minutes or under

Options

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I have been looking at the title of her post and the body of her message. I think she was just trying to be friendly in having suggestions from the community for work outs at home, should some of us for whatever reason are not able to get to the gym.
    you're totes keywrecked.

With that in mind, save up a few thousand and set up a home gym.

That way, when it's too cold to go to the gym, you can still workout!

I also think keeping a couple beer kegs around is a good idea too, they're heavy, filled with nutrition, and can be fun to throw around before taking back to the brewery.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    I have been looking at the title of her post and the body of her message. I think she was just trying to be friendly in having suggestions from the community for work outs at home, should some of us for whatever reason are not able to get to the gym.
    you're totes keywrecked.

With that in mind, save up a few thousand and set up a home gym.

That way, when it's too cold to go to the gym, you can still workout!

I also think keeping a couple beer kegs around is a good idea too, they're heavy, filled with nutrition, and can be fun to throw around before taking back to the brewery.

Like 2k$ ish

• dbmata
    Options
    and another 1k in weights.... since you have none! ;)
  • lishie_rebooted
    Options
    and another 1k in weights.... since you have none! ;)

I have them but the app/mobile version crops IG pics weird...

My weights were less than 300$ for plates and some dumbbells. Approximately 0.57$/lb

• lishie_rebooted
    Options
    8zcswfh5eiel.jpg

Non-IG version but I also realized that due to the angle and lighting, its hard to see the plates on the rack. But I've posted a pic of my setup before @dbmata ! I moved on Friday so its got a new home. In another place where I can't use the pull up bar haha
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    8zcswfh5eiel.jpg

Non-IG version but I also realized that due to the angle and lighting, its hard to see the plates on the rack. But I've posted a pic of my setup before @dbmata ! I moved on Friday so its got a new home. In another place where I can't use the pull up bar haha

have I mentioned I love you?

Seriously- like can I marry you kind of love?
  • lishie_rebooted
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    8zcswfh5eiel.jpg

If its legal in ME, I'm game! Not moving to NJ tho hahaha

So OP, a set up like mine is an option. A cheaper option is a few dumbbells and the NerdFitness bodyweight routine. Ive done it before in an apartment. My warm up was dancing around like a loon. Or running stairs
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    8zcswfh5eiel.jpg

So OP, a set up like mine is an option. A cheaper option is a few dumbbells and the NerdFitness bodyweight routine. Ive done it before in an apartment. My warm up was dancing around like a loon. Or running stairs

My downstairs neighbors would love that I am sure. :laugh:
  • dbmata
    Options
    that setup is super clean @lishie_rebooted‌
  • lishie_rebooted
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    8zcswfh5eiel.jpg

Lol not with a rack @randomtai !! Just a bodyweight routine. I had no complaints but it wasnt jumping like Jillian Michaels
  • lishie_rebooted
    Options
    that setup is super clean @lishie_rebooted‌
    well i did have to wash the drywall dust and mud off... =P

Thanks @dbmata
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    8zcswfh5eiel.jpg

Lol not with a rack @randomtai !! Just a bodyweight routine. I had no complaints but it wasnt jumping like Jillian Michaels

Ahhhh! Makes more sense.... that setup is super sweet though! I cannot wait to have a basement or a garage to pimp out.
  • dbmata
    Options
    I went a different direction in my basement.
  • heroyalslimness
    heroyalslimness Posts: 591 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hey, greatly appreciate the video suggestions! Definitely will check those out. I really need to keep that motivation when I can't get to the gym. Don't have a car and the one time I braved the elements to try to go to the gym regardless, public transportation stopped running--so it's good to have the back-up with the video options some of you thoughtfully shared. Again many thanks and to those who spoke up in general with a reminder about forum support and to steer discussion back to the topic--exercise videos. :p

Temps are rising, I went on a mini-hike today, so the subject will rapidly become moot, but still (for some) to make the question some sort of referendum on my commitment to fitness is kind of odd. :o I mean--I posted requesting favorite work-out videos to help me to keep exercising.

Anyways, this is a great community

<3 g'nite!
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    Hey, greatly appreciate the video suggestions! Definitely will check those out. I really need to keep that motivation when I can't get to the gym. Don't have a car and the one time I braved the elements to try to go to the gym regardless, public transportation stopped running--so it's good to have the back-up with the video options some of you thoughtfully shared. Again many thanks and to those who spoke up in general with a reminder about forum support and to steer discussion back to the topic--exercise videos. :p

Temps are rising, I went on a mini-hike today, so the subject will rapidly become moot, but still (for some) to make the question some sort of referendum on my commitment to fitness is kind of odd. :o I mean--I posted requesting favorite work-out videos to help me to keep exercising.

Anyways, this is a great community <3 g'nite!

I love your response to this thread. Good luck with your fitness goals!
  • heroyalslimness
    Options
    :smiley:
  • dbmata
    Options
    I was going to call bs on public transport failing, then realized you're in new york/new england. Yeah. Legit.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I like to go to the gym when it's cold. It is warmer than my apartment.
  • heroyalslimness
    edited March 2015
    Options

tomatoey wrote: »

Anyways, this is a great community <3 g'nite!

I love your response to this thread. Good luck with your fitness goals!

So sweet! Thank you! Same to you! Feel free to friend me if you're wanting support--all wonderful mature health-minded people on my friendship feed. I'm so inspired by them