Options

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    dbmata wrote: »
    Well, I shrug 495 for 20.

that's my warm up weight dude. stop bragging about little girl weights.
    I guess I shouldn't mention the straps, belt, wraps, and hit of tork I do prior....
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    what is a hip sled?
    After googling, it seems it can be used to refer both to the hack squat and leg press. Not sure which she's doing.

hip sled:
    GLPH1100.jpg
    note:
    First image I posted did appear when googling "hack squat" but most of the machine pics were similar to the second pic.

I've always referred that as an inverse leg press. Never heard it called a hip sled though. Learn something new every day lol
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »
    what is a hip sled?
    After googling, it seems it can be used to refer both to the hack squat and leg press. Not sure which she's doing.

hip sled:
    GLPH1100.jpg
    note:
    First image I posted did appear when googling "hack squat" but most of the machine pics were similar to the second pic.

I've always referred that as an inverse leg press. Never heard it called a hip sled though. Learn something new every day lol

If you google "inverse leg press", most of the pictures are of that ^ machine...

Then there's this, vertical leg press:
    powerline_fitness_PVLP156W_vertical_leg_press.jpg
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I lift as much as I can stand to without messing up my joints. I have arthritis. That means I progress more slowly than average, but I am still getting really good results! I lift every other day so that the inbetween days are rest days for my muscles and joints. What if you lift every other day, then do cardio on the inbetween days?
  • dbmata
    Options
    what is a hip sled?

hip sled:
    GLPH1100.jpg
    note:

If you google "inverse leg press", most of the pictures are of that ^ machine...

why wouldn't I just uh... squat, bro?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    what is a hip sled?

hip sled:
    GLPH1100.jpg
    note:

Cos you can't get in the squat rack?
  • DjinnMarie
    DjinnMarie Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    I never lift more than 5 lbs. I don't want to get bulky.
  • dbmata
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    what is a hip sled?

hip sled:
    GLPH1100.jpg
    note:

Cos you can't get in the squat rack?
    I've done this.

1CC2ACD2-A011-4449-8854-064517604274-4218-0000051094522A26.jpg

• lishie_rebooted
    Options
    what is a hip sled?

hip sled:
    GLPH1100.jpg
    note:

No idea honestly.
    I've only physically seen that machine at one gym.
    An old school Gold's Gym.
    I'd end up hurting myself more on that thing than with squats.
    I'd somehow end up trash compacting myself since I'm magic like that
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    what is a hip sled?

hip sled:
    GLPH1100.jpg
    note:

Its pretty good alternative when you cannot load anything on your shoulders.
  • dbmata
    Options
    Sarauk2sf wrote: »
    what is a hip sled?

hip sled:
    GLPH1100.jpg
    note:

Hm, yeah I can see that. It just seems so odd, and unneeded.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Also, since you won't be including your own actual bodyweight, you get to load more plates and look cool.

...Although, I'm not sure "cool" is what I'd call how that looks. But, more plates, bro!
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    what is a hip sled?

hip sled:
    GLPH1100.jpg
    note:

I feel like I would screw it up and some how end up in the ER with a 45lbs plate in my forehead lmao.
  • lishie_rebooted
    Options
    what is a hip sled?

hip sled:
    GLPH1100.jpg
    note:

I feel like I would screw it up and some how end up in the ER with a 45lbs plate in my forehead lmao.

me too!!!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    This thread is so confusing lol

confused-joey-gif.gif
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    what is a hip sled?

hip sled:
    GLPH1100.jpg
    note:

that's the one that's with your butt out and your legs above you?

It's a GREAT machine- its' one of the few I actually use- it really hits that tie in between the hammy and teh glute.

They originally used to do that with just the bar- no machine.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    what is a hip sled?

hip sled:
    GLPH1100.jpg
    note:

It's a GREAT machine- its' one of the few I actually use- it really hits that tie in between the hammy and teh glute.

F.

That.

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Sarauk2sf wrote: »
    what is a hip sled?

hip sled:
    GLPH1100.jpg
    note:

Hm, yeah I can see that. It just seems so odd, and unneeded.

It let's you keep pressing with your legs when your lower back is fatigued
  • lishie_rebooted
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    what is a hip sled?

hip sled:
    GLPH1100.jpg
    note:

F.

That.

55wilburmillerutterretaoe1-1.jpg

Or slightly safer (IMO):

hqdefault.jpg
    ^look a use for the smith machine!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    yeah buddy- *kitten* was scary looking as hell.

wilburmiller-legpress_zpsslb1f7au.jpg

leg_press_zpsyh2l1ogj.png

one machine I'm grateful that exists now. seriously.