• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    umm
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    When people say they squatted Xlbs without any qualifying - they mean barbell back squats - not on a machine.

On a machine (which I am not sure whether its a leg press or a hack squat) - then the numbers make more sense as you can lift more weight on them. You were comparing it to something that is harder to do re weights.

And I cannot quote as the image thingy is in the way of the button....%features.
  • _nice_
    _nice_ Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    v squats, 115 on each peg, sled weighs 54 pounds. 284 pounds squatted. Am I wrong?
  • arditarose
    Options
    carlitice wrote: »
    v squats, 115 on each peg, sled weighs 54 pounds. 284 pounds squatted. Am I wrong?

See above
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

You are wrong

You leg pressed 284lb - totally not the same as squatting it.

• _nice_
    Options
    The only gear i use is albuterol
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Back squat =/= leg press.
  • _nice_
    Options
    Its not a leg press machine. I was standing.
  • arditarose
    Options

So hack squat?

Still not what we are talking about.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

It still =/= a barbell back squat.
  • _nice_
    Options
    9vuqrjcicqw2.jpg
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Lol!!! Love it!!! No, not all at once, 2 sets of 15. A few extras later just cause I could.

By that token, I've deadlift 400lbs for 9283 reps. Because that's how many times I've repped that weight in my life.

(in other words, just stop, no one is even close to impressed, especially with made-up and exaggerated claims)
  • Sarauk2sf
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Still not a BB back squat.

How far do you go down out of interest? As in how angled are your knees at the bottom?
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    That's a standing leg press. It does not require you to stabilize your body in the same way that barbell back squats do, making it much easier to lift more.
  • _nice_
    Options
    At any rate, it was awesome, my *kitten* is sore. It's a work in progress.
  • _nice_
    Options
    I go as far down as i can, til i feel it in my butt, i dont have an angle to measure with, but my knee pit touches (is that a thing?), meaning the top of my gastrocnemius touches the bottom of my ham
  • _nice_
    Options
    No, not a barbell back squat, thinking my trainer uses different terminology or was trying to boost my ego when she taught me that machine.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    I go as far down as i can, til i feel it in my butt, i dont have an angle to measure with, but my knee pit touches (is that a thing?), meaning the top of my gastrocnemius touches the bottom of my ham

Sounds like you are getting good ROM then.

Sounds like you are doing good and progressing. Just be wary of throwing out numbers that are 4 x anyone elses with a 'it's easy' comment - it will usually mean that you are not comparing apples and apples.

When people talk about squat numbers, they mean barbell back squats (and even those numbers are not comparable unless everyone hits depth (at least parallel), which is often not the case.

At the end of the day, for you or for anyone, its about progressing - not about how much you can do compared to anyone else.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    DopeItUp wrote: »
    csman49 wrote: »
    As much as she can.

Yep.

That's what I do. I do low reps with heavy weights - as heavy as I can manage and still maintain form. I may look scrawny, but I'm strong! (*)