Can we find a way to help my little girl stay motivated?

Options
1235»

Replies

• billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Just checking in

pedobear_looking.png
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Just checking in

pedobear_looking.png

You win the post! :drinker:
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    DaughterOfTheMostHighKing Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Haha! Racism? What does that have to do with what we are discussing here? I can guarantee that I'm not racist as I am raising a biracial child, but whatever. As Bambi said, if you don't have something nice to say don't say nothing at all. The woman who started this thread has the right to ask for help if she chooses, not hear cut the apron string and things of that nature.

Did...did you....just quote Bambi?

it was actually Thumper's dad who said it and Thumper was asked by his mom to repeat it. lol!!! I'm a teacher and have 2 kids. lol!!!
  • Yvesigg
    Yvesigg Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Wow unbelievable. Some people are just plain rude and I agree with Cheerio. Why is it that everyone jumps on the bandwagon and start bullying. Half of this thread has no relevance to the op.

Op I hope that your daughter gets the help you have asked for. I thought it was a lovely request. Bollocks to the rest of them
  • kugelette
    kugelette Posts: 25
    Options
    I have never seen such rude people in my entire life. Maybe coming from the south I'm not accustomed to people being so hateful over someone wanting help. Motivation from others can help. I would be happy to help anyone that I can in any way. I guess it just depends on how your raised though.

The internet tends to turn even otherwise-nice people into jerks. Because there is a screen they are talking to, not a real person, they make no real effort to insert any tact into their "opinions" and then justify it by saying "well, it's true, so I should be able to say it!".

Hello?! Telling someone that they're fat or ugly or stupid MAY IN FACT BE TRUE, but that does not make it remotely okay to say. Telling someone to "man up" and be their own motivation does not help them when they aren't finding inspiration within themselves. I think it was pretty clear what the OP was looking for (that people contact her daughter and give her a "you can do it, we're rooting for you!" esteem boost), but people chose to dispense their "truisms", no matter how unhelpful.

This is unfortunately just the way it is when you post on a public forum. Plenty of nice people, plenty who think they can say whatever the hell gets into their head and who cares if it's rude, intrusive, mean, hurtful, discouraging, or what have you. Some of these people even act this way in life, too.
  • daoc1972
    daoc1972 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    If that is your perception that is completely fine and nobody can take that away from you. You're open to your own opinion- We all are. But when you go around saying "I live in the South and people aren't hateful like that down here"....Well, um...Yes they are! lol There are hateful people everywhere. Not to mention the fact that the south is pretty much known for hatred and intolerance :wink:

Alas, sometimes holding up a mirror to someone is futile because they insist that it is a window.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I have never seen such rude people in my entire life. Maybe coming from the south I'm not accustomed to people being so hateful over someone wanting help. Motivation from others can help. I would be happy to help anyone that I can in any way. I guess it just depends on how your raised though.

The internet tends to turn even otherwise-nice people into jerks. Because there is a screen they are talking to, not a real person, they make no real effort to insert any tact into their "opinions" and then justify it by saying "well, it's true, so I should be able to say it!".

Hello?! Telling someone that they're fat or ugly or stupid MAY IN FACT BE TRUE, but that does not make it remotely okay to say. Telling someone to "man up" and be their own motivation does not help them when they aren't finding inspiration within themselves. I think it was pretty clear what the OP was looking for (that people contact her daughter and give her a "you can do it, we're rooting for you!" esteem boost), but people chose to dispense their "truisms", no matter how unhelpful.

This is unfortunately just the way it is when you post on a public forum. Plenty of nice people, plenty who think they can say whatever the hell gets into their head and who cares if it's rude, intrusive, mean, hurtful, discouraging, or what have you. Some of these people even act this way in life, too.

I'm slightly nicer online than I am in person...

...or more accurately, I'm slightly less of a jerk.

:flowerforyou: