eating healthy = lame and boring ....

Options

Replies

• shortie_sarah
    shortie_sarah Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    No one can ever convince me that eating fast food everyday is healthy....

Well I'm happy to hear that you have an open mind about the subject, and are willing to learn more.

No, I actually am a very open-minded person so I will rephrase my statement:

Without scientific proof, I will not believe that eating fast food every day can be healthy..
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

Well I'm happy to hear that you have an open mind about the subject, and are willing to learn more.

Without scientific proof, I will not believe that eating fast food every day can be healthy..

Perhaps you should consider whether there's scientific proof that fast food is automatically unhealthy.
  • weevil66
    weevil66 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    good luck with the aortic stenosis in a few years if you are eating like that every night. Who said healthy has to be plain, maybe because you cannot cook or have no imagination? I had orange roughy sauteed in some organic butter, sun dried tomato sauce and fresh zuchinni slices sauteed with vidalia onion and parmesan and a baked sweet potato. Then I had fresh bleberries over angel food cake with some cream. And you had what? KFC?

what causes aortic stenosis? in genuinely interested.

I think that is when you are having sex and choke yourself at the same time ...wait no, thinking of wrong thing..sorry

I thought that was duck duck goose.

Or maybe "duck, duck goose" is what I want to shout out to the cyclists as we drive by them and just before I lean out and grab a handful of cyclist backside.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options

Most of you in these forums sure do have a way to take a simple statement and turn it into an all out argument.. Seems to me like you are the ones who need to feel superior over everyone else..

you came in with an argument you cant support, making claims that you don't have the knowledge to back up. people don't have to agree with you because you think you are right.

for me I want someone to produce proof of what they are saying, not regurgitate false truth. you don't know enough about macros to make a statement about their effect on health.

you also are playing a loosing hand saying eating fast food cannot be done in a healthy manner, because it can, it would just mean taking care to get everything you need to stay healthy and watching those oh so important macros.

for me I want actual knowledge, that has some substantiation, not "ohh stay within your macros or you will have health problems" what macros? do you even know? how does it vary from person to person? how bad does it have to be to cause health problems? you dont know any of those answers. so who are you to say?

its called getting debunked. I don't know everything, but I'd like to learn something. your statements are incorrect, and people brought that to light. bring some actual facts or evidence next time.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options

Perhaps you should consider whether there's scientific proof that fast food is automatically unhealthy.

first you might want to determine what fast food is. that would be a good place to start.
  • RebekahR84
    RebekahR84 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness. It's slow here at work, so I just read through this whole conversation. The mixture of people being serious and people being smart-*kitten* is HILARIOUS. BRB, grabbing some popcorn (also healthy.)
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I just ate a gorgonzola and gingered-pear quesadilla. Delicious and healthy!
    omg sound delcious! I had a carmalized fig jam and some kind of cheese quesadilla once and it was so good!
  • poohpoohpeapod
    Options

i dont eat any of that fancy crap .... dat be too Klassy for ya?
  • lovingangel4uau
    lovingangel4uau Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    At the end of the day it just what you want more. Losing weight or eating what you want. When you have less to lose it might not be as important to some people. I love cooking and creating good food and I miss that but I need to lose weight so clean food is best for me at this time. At the same time you can still cook tasty meals like Moroccan Lamb, Chow Mein, etc. just a pain working all the ingredients and calories out!
  • RebekahR84
    Options
    omg sound delcious! I had a carmalized fig jam and some kind of cheese quesadilla once and it was so good!

I love that fancy crap! lol
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options

Healthy is a relative term to most people. But, based on nutritional content, MOST fast food IS extremely lacking as far as nutrients, aka, vitamins and minerals. I doubt someone could survive, or at least not well, on fast food alone, without developing some serious vitamin deficiencies.
  • poohpoohpeapod
    Options
    good luck with the aortic stenosis in a few years if you are eating like that every night. Who said healthy has to be plain, maybe because you cannot cook or have no imagination? I had orange roughy sauteed in some organic butter, sun dried tomato sauce and fresh zuchinni slices sauteed with vidalia onion and parmesan and a baked sweet potato. Then I had fresh bleberries over angel food cake with some cream. And you had what? KFC?

fiirst - what the hell is orange roughy? that sounds like a game my girlfriend and I used to play with orange handcuffs..well lets not go three..

second - I do not know what bleberries are...are they are a cousin of blueberries? You have GF? and does she partake of your KFC feasts? Ok I get it now..feederism and she ate the orange handcuffs. Orange roughy is a delicate white fish mine was wild caught australian.

MMMMM yes I had buckets and buckets of KFC ...you got a problem with that?
  • RebekahR84
    Options

fiirst - what the hell is orange roughy? that sounds like a game my girlfriend and I used to play with orange handcuffs..well lets not go three..

second - I do not know what bleberries are...are they are a cousin of blueberries? You have GF? and does she partake of your KFC feasts? Ok I get it now..feederism and she ate the orange handcuffs. Orange roughy is a delicate white fish mine was wild caught australian.

MMMMM yes I had buckets and buckets of KFC ...you got a problem with that?

Ironic post is ironic. Person calling someone out on spelling "blueberries" wrong spells "there" wrong...
  • RebekahR84
    Options
    I'm sorry. I couldn't help myself. :tongue:
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

first you might want to determine what fast food is. that would be a good place to start.

Really good point, actually.
  • shortie_sarah
    shortie_sarah Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I was referring more to the burger/fries type of fast food. True, there are healthy options at Subway but good luck finding options anywhere that isn't loaded with sodium..
  • JessieTangerine
    JessieTangerine Posts: 91 Member
    Options

I bet it would be even more delicious fried up in lard. :drinker:

Seriously, whats with all the lard hate? Has anyone even tried it recently, its absolutely delicious, as is everything that comes from the pig (well except for maybe swine flu, but then again you cant actually taste viruses).
  • RebekahR84
    Options

Seriously, whats with all the lard hate? Has anyone even tried it recently, its absolutely delicious, as is everything that comes from the pig (well except for maybe swine flu, but then again you cant actually taste viruses).

Hey now! I didn't diss the lard. I know it's yummy. But I don't think the quesadilla needed it...
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,021 Member
    Options

Hey now! I didn't diss the lard. I know it's yummy. But I don't think the quesadilla needed it...
    Isn't the quesadilla traditionally fried with lard, I think so. I use duck fat quite a bit for frying and the texture can't be duplicated with any regular oil imo.
  • RebekahR84
    Options

Isn't the quesadilla traditionally fried with lard, I think so. I use duck fat quite a bit for frying and the texture can't be duplicated with any regular oil imo.

You're telling me that this sounded like a traditional quesadilla?