• tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Rawr rawr...I'm the sugar devil. Rawr.

sugar_demon.gif
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    this is usually what happens at my place when I eat too much sugar..

sugar_gif_zpsede21a2f.gif
  • Leana088
    Leana088 Posts: 581 Member
    Options

sugar_demon.gif

**bites arms off sugar devil**

Sugar devil runs around while screaming: "Leana is the devil!!!!"
  • tincanonastring
    Options
    Strong first post, by the way.

Every-Journey-Begins1.jpg
  • LucasEVille
    LucasEVille Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Sammy813 wrote: »
    Splenda or anything with sweetnlow in it- I know they cause cancer

Medical sources?
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    this is usually what happens at my place when I eat too much sugar..

sugar_gif_zpsede21a2f.gif

I had way more sugar yesterday than I normally do in a day. Half way through I was bouncing all over the place. That was fun

• Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options

Medical sources?

And so the unnecessary flagging begins.... And I'm with the poster above. If someone has a peer reviewed study that's not done on rats...I'd be willing to read it while I'm on my lunch break.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

Medical sources?
    Of all the gifs in this thread, how is this what gets flagged?!
  • BackInTheSaddle13
    BackInTheSaddle13 Posts: 47 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I got to this point where directly after I would eat I would crave like crazy something sweet. It was pretty ridiculous how bad the cravings got and that really added to my over consumption of calories. I could go through Oreos like a champ. Sometimes to the point where I was blindly eating them and before I knew it I had a sleeve (or two) down.

I knew for weight loss I was going to have to just get those things out of the house and so I got rid of everything. The first week was brutal I'm not going to lie. I quit smoking almost ten years ago and I swear it was similar to the first week without a cigarette. MamaPeach pointed out that after a period of time of avoiding/restricting the sugar is almost too much and shes right. Stuff I used to LOVE is just too much now. She also mentioned high quality treats and I think she's on the money with that too.

I don't do soda at all anymore because it's a gateway for me but if I want something sweet I don't avoid it I just don't make it easy for myself. If I'm out to dinner and I want something my family splits it. I am to the point where I can have a bag of Kisses or something in the house and not down it. If I want something I tell myself to run laundry up and/or down the stairs a few times and THEN I can have a treat. Yogurt and fruit is typically enough to satisfy the cravings. You could also try to snack more on the sweeter fruits like mango or pineapple. Frozen pineapple is fantastic, especially in the summer!

If you don't have self control don't keep it around. Treat yourself occasionally. I chew a lot of gum and that helps the cravings pass. Also distraction is HUGE for me! If I start getting a craving and I'm at my calorie/macro levels for the day I'll do something like my nails, game, troll online. Distracts my brain and the craving passes!

Best of luck. I can appreciate what you're going through!
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I don't eat much sugar..because I can't. What are your protein and fat macros looking like? I find upping those help to cut down on carb cravings.

If you really think sugar is the devil..dont eat it. artificial sweeteners have not been proven to cause cancer.

Have you considered Stevia?

Cant tell if troll thread or serious.
  • Sammy813
    Sammy813 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    The point of my question has nothing to do with proving Splenda causes cancer but, bc people are commenting about it here are some fun facts:

Sucralose: What are the cons?

The most misunderstood fact about sucralose is that it is nothing like sugar even though the marketing implies that it is. Sucralose was actually discovered while trying to create a new insecticide. It may have started out as sugar, but the final product is anything but sugar. According to the book Sweet Deception, sucralose is made when sugar is treated with trityl chloride, acetic anhydride, hydrogen chlorine, thionyl chloride, and methanol in the presence of dimethylformamide, 4-methylmorpholine, toluene, methyl isobutyl ketone, acetic acid, benzyltriethlyammonium chloride, and sodium methoxide, making it unlike anything found in nature. If you read the fine print on the Splenda web site, it states that "although sucralose has a structure like sugar and a sugar-like taste, it is not natural." The presence of chlorine is thought to be the most dangerous component of sucralose. Chlorine is considered a carcinogen and has been used in poisonous gas, disinfectants, pesticides, and plastics. The digestion and absorption of sucralose is not clear due to a lack of long-term studies on humans. The majority of studies were done on animals for short lengths of time. The alleged symptoms associated with sucralose are gastrointestinal problems (bloating, gas, diarrhea, nausea), skin irritations (rash, hives, redness, itching, swelling), wheezing, cough, runny nose, chest pains, palpitations, anxiety, anger, moods swings, depression, and itchy eyes. The only way to be sure of the safety of sucralose is to have long-term studies on humans done.

Ok, no more posts from me on that subject. I don't want to debate about it lol!

• kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Are you diabetic? Or is it that you just find yourself binging on sugar laden foods? Moderation is key...no reason to cut out a whole food group.

Your body cannot tell the difference between different kinds of sugar but I'd still recommend eating a piece of fruit when a sugar craving hits...it's sweet and provides other nutrients not found in typical "junk" food.
  • tincanonastring
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

Medical sources?
    Of all the gifs in this thread, how is this what gets flagged?!

It's been flagged as spam twice, not even abuse. I don't even...
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I'm REALLY trying to eliminate excess sugar from my diet bc that's my biggest problem but, I find it extremely hard! I crave candy and icecream all day long- esp when I tell my self I can't have it lol. Any help? When do the cravings stop? I don't eat fake sugars so please don't suggest substituting Splenda or anything with sweetnlow in it- I know they cause cancer and I won't put that crap in my body. I just want natural things or ways to help eliminate excess sugar cravings! HELP! Lol

Samantha

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You'll fit in well round here.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    The point of my question has nothing to do with proving Splenda causes cancer but, bc people are commenting about it here are some fun facts:

Sucralose: What are the cons?

The most misunderstood fact about sucralose is that it is nothing like sugar even though the marketing implies that it is. Sucralose was actually discovered while trying to create a new insecticide. It may have started out as sugar, but the final product is anything but sugar. According to the book Sweet Deception, sucralose is made when sugar is treated with trityl chloride, acetic anhydride, hydrogen chlorine, thionyl chloride, and methanol in the presence of dimethylformamide, 4-methylmorpholine, toluene, methyl isobutyl ketone, acetic acid, benzyltriethlyammonium chloride, and sodium methoxide, making it unlike anything found in nature. If you read the fine print on the Splenda web site, it states that "although sucralose has a structure like sugar and a sugar-like taste, it is not natural." The presence of chlorine is thought to be the most dangerous component of sucralose. Chlorine is considered a carcinogen and has been used in poisonous gas, disinfectants, pesticides, and plastics. The digestion and absorption of sucralose is not clear due to a lack of long-term studies on humans. The majority of studies were done on animals for short lengths of time. The alleged symptoms associated with sucralose are gastrointestinal problems (bloating, gas, diarrhea, nausea), skin irritations (rash, hives, redness, itching, swelling), wheezing, cough, runny nose, chest pains, palpitations, anxiety, anger, moods swings, depression, and itchy eyes. The only way to be sure of the safety of sucralose is to have long-term studies on humans done.

Ok, no more posts from me on that subject. I don't want to debate about it lol!

I'm curious, what is the source for this info? I'd like to go read, but you did not list any links.

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Bookmarking this thread.

Next time someone claims that nobody ever says that "sugar is the devil," I will link here.

Of course, this thread will surely be nuked by then.
  • MrCoolGrim
    MrCoolGrim Posts: 351 Member
    Options

sugar_demon.gif

giphy.gif
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    tumblr_ly671qr7dZ1qmnzaxo1_500.gif