Replies

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    PearlAng wrote: »
    If sugar is the devil then I guess I'm working for the devil. I work in a bakery.

In seriousness, if you crave sugar maybe you should...have sugar? I don't think deprivation is a good thing and it may set you up for future failure. I think the intense cravings you're describing will stop when you allow yourself sugar each day in normal quantities because then you won't be deprived.

no you work for a heroin pusher, get with the program
    This is true, as I am also illegally growing and harvesting donut trees in my backyard. It's all supply and demand, yaknow?

where can I find these donut tree seeds?????

Donut holes?
  • MrCoolGrim
    MrCoolGrim Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    MrCoolGrim wrote: »
    Rawr rawr...I'm the sugar devil. Rawr.

sugar_demon.gif

giphy.gif

You are like a GifMaster now. The Force is strong with you, for pulling out that MIB one...

giphy.gif
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    mrsmuzzy24 wrote: »
    I am trying to cut out my addiction to sugar too. Trying to keep it out of my house. I like the idea of the really good dark chocolate idea as a little moderation to pass the cravings. I might have to try that!

so you cure sugar addiction with more sugar?
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    Haven't read past the OP...please tell me someone bookmarked this thread to pull out the next time we get the "no one ever says sugar is the devil" retort...

Page 2 - got you covered.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTjDP54MjSkXoupQj3bzx57mV4pJt2UtfwYHo2_G2xbxfV0ozHZ0Q
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    sugar-sugar-o.gif
  • PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    If sugar is the devil then I guess I'm working for the devil. I work in a bakery.

In seriousness, if you crave sugar maybe you should...have sugar? I don't think deprivation is a good thing and it may set you up for future failure. I think the intense cravings you're describing will stop when you allow yourself sugar each day in normal quantities because then you won't be deprived.

This is true, as I am also illegally growing and harvesting donut trees in my backyard. It's all supply and demand, yaknow?

A lady once described the procedure on a thread where the OP asked what to do with all these donuts she brought because she was afraid of eating them all.

The lady told OP to take the donuts and bury them in her yard so she would be physically unable to eat them. Well, you see, what the lady did not realize is that once you do this, U GET TEH DONUT TREEZ. I've found that donut holes sprout nicely, but they're unnecessary, as regular donuts will do.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

turner-donut-holes-large.jpg

so if I plant those they grown into a tree?
  • jennifershoo
    Options
    too-mcuh-sugar.gif
  • MrCoolGrim
    MrCoolGrim Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    too-mcuh-sugar.gif

lol. too funny
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    jdarroch13 wrote: »
    Ps- I noticed a difference in my skin almost immediately, my brain fog is going away, and I feel so much better. Do it for your health!

I have had periods where I experimented with temporarily cutting out "added sugar" from time to time (mostly just to force myself to get a little more creative with how I used my extra calories), most recently in January, and I always feel the same. If I have brain fog (I don't think so) I continued to have it, my skin is fine and remained fine, and I generally felt about as a good as I normally do (which is pretty good!). Why don't I get the special magic?
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    MrCoolGrim wrote: »
    too-mcuh-sugar.gif

lol. too funny

Classic movie.
  • jennifershoo
    Options
    I would eat that sugar cube if that guy gave it to me :p

Finnick_Sugar_Cube.gif
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I would eat that sugar cube if that guy gave it to me :p

Finnick_Sugar_Cube.gif

I volunteer as tribute! lmao
  • PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Ps- I noticed a difference in my skin almost immediately, my brain fog is going away, and I feel so much better. Do it for your health!

I have had periods where I experimented with temporarily cutting out "added sugar" from time to time (mostly just to force myself to get a little more creative with how I used my extra calories), most recently in January, and I always feel the same. If I have brain fog (I don't think so) I continued to have it, my skin is fine and remained fine, and I generally felt about as a good as I normally do (which is pretty good!). Why don't I get the special magic?
    Same^ Well, actually, similar^

I once gave up most sweet foods for Lent about two years ago and did well at abstaining from it, just to see if I could, really. I felt zero difference in my day to day moods, cravings, overall physical feeling, etc.

So I'm calling placebo effect on the people that claim the feel immaculate and 1000000x better when not consuming sugar.
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    You know what cracks me up? People who will eat fruit because it is "natural sugar" instead of a say, a donut. Here's a tip: a donut actually has less sugar than a BANANA! Yes, it is true. And here's another thing, your body doesn't know the difference. Sugar is sugar. So eat the damn donut if you want to.
  • Oldbitcollector
    Oldbitcollector Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    if you want ice cream, then eat ice cream; if you want a cookie, then eat the cookie..just make sure that you are hitting your calorie/macro/micro target for the day..

and no, sugar is not the devil.

All of THIS ^^^^^

I'm fighting the same fight.

Here's what I'm doing. (and it's working. I've lost two more pounds again this week)

1) I'm tracking those sugary treats with everything else.
    2) I'm allowing myself the occasional treat without guilt. Instead I'm celebrating.
    3) When I do treat myself, I pick one REALLY good treat from the choice of several over the course of a day. And I look forward to it. If you are going to enjoy something chocolate, then get the very best chocolate you can (In my case Hershey). Don't treat yourself with just ordinary junk when you do it. Then enjoy in MODERATION.

Sugar isn't the devil, but it certainly can trip up your fitness if not kept in moderation.

Jeff

• BackInTheSaddle13
    BackInTheSaddle13 Posts: 47 Member
    Options

It's brain fog for me. I almost go into a food coma if I consume too much. I can do fruit and a tiny bit of something dessertish from time to time but otherwise I get this blah fuzzy-headed nasty feeling. For lack of a better description, almost sticky feeling. That feeling is enough to deter me from going back to my Oreo sleeve (or two) a day habit. I avoid soda for that reason. I'm sure some people are fine with it but one can and I feel terrible.
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options

Same^ Well, actually, similar^

I once gave up most sweet foods for Lent about two years ago and did well at abstaining from it, just to see if I could, really. I felt zero difference in my day to day moods, cravings, overall physical feeling, etc.

So I'm calling placebo effect on the people that claim the feel immaculate and 1000000x better when not consuming sugar.

I think it all depends on how well each individual body deals with sugar. I produce too much insulin, so sugar (carbs) really makes me feel like crap. People who don't necessarily have a diagnosed medical condition can also have a similar problem.

Some people can legitimately feel better without it. Not everyone is the same.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

It's brain fog for me. I almost go into a food coma if I consume too much. I can do fruit and a tiny bit of something dessertish from time to time but otherwise I get this blah fuzzy-headed nasty feeling. For lack of a better description, almost sticky feeling. That feeling is enough to deter me from going back to my Oreo sleeve (or two) a day habit. I avoid soda for that reason. I'm sure some people are fine with it but one can and I feel terrible.

Can you premeasure out the oreos, and then stash the container in a place so you don't see them? I think two are a serving, but I'll admit, sometimes its hard to stick to the two. I can do the mindless graze if I keep the bag next to me, but if I remove the bag and just keep a serving size out it's easier for me to stick to.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    deanpie1.gif

d5ba9c1274592aba18f253362a78a8c0.jpg