Why do people hide their food diaries on here?

Options

Replies

• holliebevineau
    holliebevineau Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Everyone can see mine!! Friend or not, It's not always under. Sometimes it's way over but I log everything any way. It keeps in check to see that and then to know that others can see it. The only time i look at other diaries is when I see a good success story and I want to know how that person ate, or I get bored with what Im eating and need new ideas.
  • ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Noticed all the pot smokers are always so skinny too... even though they eat a ton.

If only alcohol had no calories :(
    Mine is closed because cocaine has calories.
    it does?? no *kitten*.....no wonder I am not losing...

Puh-lease...everyone in the know has discovered that coke is the best diet ever-especially when combined with a daily pack of Marlboro menthols.

This is so true...my cousin blazes 10 times a day..she out eats most guys I know (not even an exaggeration) and is pushing 95 pounds. It's technically impossible, but I've seen it happen in more than one person. More so the really regular users, not someone who smokes every now and then.
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Not a secret.

I'm just more honest with myself when I'm the only one who can see it.
    Some do better by knowing their MFP peeps can see what they eat. Whatever works, do it!

My food logging and the workouts I do IS FOR ME, not for you.

:wink:

21525558.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • canadianvampyregurl
    canadianvampyregurl Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    im accountable to myself, no one else...i dont feel it necessary for it to be open for people to see
  • akaivyleaf
    Options
    I leave mine open for the critique - helpful or not - from people. I appreciate the conversation, ideas, and suggestions.
  • froyojr
    froyojr Posts: 60
    Options
    Where I see this theme going: myfitnesspal is bought by Facebook to be integrated with its existing social network. Private diaries are then demonized as having owners who are somehow socially deviant, by ad bot owners who cannot scrape people's every calorie to mine it for better data to sell. AMIRITE? OR, AMIRITE? :)
  • S1NN3R
    S1NN3R Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    UGH!!! QUIT BEING SO NOSEY AND STAY OUT OF MY LIFE!!

*stomps off like a teenager*

I don't usually log.
  • cosmic8o8
    cosmic8o8 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Cuz maybe they don't want you to steal their diet secrets! They want you to stay fat while they get thinner! Mwuahahahaha!

I think some people prefer privacy and some people don't bother logging every day so it doesn't matter.
  • drojen
    drojen Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Mine is private to everyone - including friends because I'm not interested in sharing. If I were to ask for help regarding my food, I'd make it public, but I have a pretty good grip on what I'm doing, how I'm doing it, why I'm doing it, so i don't feel I need anyone's help with my food intake at the moment.

Some folks are just more private than others - I happen to be one of them. I'm not an open book in any aspect of my life, I'm certainly not going to become one on something so public as the internet! I don't "friend" just anyone either. I have to know why you want to friend me - where you came across me etc. I have family who have requested to be my friend on Facebook that I've declined, LOL. I'm more here to log my food and exercise, not find support. I'm a bit of a loner, I guess. To each their own.
  • tapirfrog
    tapirfrog Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Because I have secrets . . . secrets so horrible that you would lie frightened on the floor of your closet at night if you were ever to learn of them. So really, I do it for your safety.

I love you.
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Noticed all the pot smokers are always so skinny too... even though they eat a ton.

If only alcohol had no calories :(
    Mine is closed because cocaine has calories.
    it does?? no *kitten*.....no wonder I am not losing...

Puh-lease...everyone in the know has discovered that coke is the best diet ever-especially when combined with a daily pack of Marlboro menthols.

This is so true...my cousin blazes 10 times a day..she out eats most guys I know (not even an exaggeration) and is pushing 95 pounds. It's technically impossible, but I've seen it happen in more than one person. More so the really regular users, not someone who smokes every now and then.

http://www.amjmed.com/article/S0002-9343(13)00200-3/abstract

There you go.
  • amaysngrace
    amaysngrace Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    It cracks me up how many angry and unhappy people there are in the world. This is such a silly question to get all huffy about.

The first time I tried MFP I kept mine hidden because I had MFP 'friends' that I knew in real life and I was embarrassed for them to see when I went over or indulged in treats. Eventually, they all gave up logging and I did too. This second time around, I deleted all my 'friends' that weren't logging and exercising consistently and now I keep it open. I still get embarrassed a little when I go over, but I feel it helps keep me in line when I make food decisions knowing I'll have to log it and others will see it.

On the other hand though, I can see the opposite. Some people might be more likely to log honestly if they know no one can see it. I've considered lying on my log before just because I didn't want others to see my awful day (I did end up logging it though). It's interesting to see others opinions on this though.

True.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    mines not hidden, its just not everyones business. its open to my friends.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Because its an option and people do what they want.
  • spirit05
    spirit05 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    IMO people don't share their food diaries so they won't feel judged by others.
    I share my food diary because I am here to get healthy and having it public allows my mfp friends to help me stay accountable!
  • d9123
    d9123 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    don't wanna make anyone jelly
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about making mine private, because I really have been eating like crap.
    Its a privacy thing. Everyone is entitled to it.
    Don't judge my Dorito and Pecan Pinwheel eating azz.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I have an autistic child to care for, so my time is limited...so you can quit directing the attitude at me now...Thanks.
    :huh:
    Agree. That was a bit of an odd reply. Bordering on non-sequitur.
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I feel its my business and nobody elses...
  • tlblood
    tlblood Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Ooh! Do share! ;-)