How many carbs do you eat daily?

Options
1235»

Replies

• Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    As many as it takes to feel satisfied.

That generally puts me around 150g. Sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less. I focus on the calorie deficit now more than the other macros.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    You have a choice for fuel -- carbs (glucose) or ketones (fat).

Exactly. Low carbs will make your body burn fat for fuel instead of the carbs.

So I'll ask again...if you eat carbs you won't use fat for fuel? I'm just trying to get this straight.

I mean, I've been around here over 2.5 years and this is always touted as the major benefit to keto...but if you're in an energy deficit you're going to burn fat for fuel period...so I'm not sure why this gets thrown up there as this super awesome benefit of keto...also, when did it become not cool enough to simply be low carb...how come it has to be keto or you're not in the cool club?
  • Bjennin7
    Bjennin7 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Just curious. They give me about 160 but I try to stay near 100 grams most days. I feel like my weight loss will slow down with the more carbs I consume. Total I'll eat 151 today and I feel bad about it.. so just curious how much others consume daily and still lose weight?

I eat around 30-40 grams per day! For each gram of a carbohydrate you eat that equals to 4 calories... So around 120-160 calories from carbs. Makes it manageable to burn off in the gym!
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    My carb total is usually about 150-180. That is with a total of about 1200-1300 calories.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

Lowering carbs won't make you lose any faster than any other method. As long as you're eating at a deficit you will lose.

Unless you have a medical condition..then things can get trickier.

Yes, eating at a deficit will help you lose weight, but that isn’t the end all be all. The proportion of macros can make a big difference in the speed and type of weight loss. Point in case, protein takes more calories to digest and use than simple carbs. If a person eats nothing but simple sugars and another person eats a low carb, moderate protein diet the person eating simple carbs will lose more muscle and less fat.

When I’m cutting, I go on less than 50 grams of carbs, otherwise, I’ll eat about 150 grams.

Someone on a higher carbohydrate diet will typically have higher performance, and thus a greater caloric expenditure. We also know that keeping up intensity in the gym will yield a greater chance of lbm retention as well. So.... not really a valid point (assuming that the individual has at least sufficient protein intake).
  • Mistizoom
    Mistizoom Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    ok i have a question with those eating low carbs how do you keep your fiber up?

Many people count net carbs by subtracting fiber. So a person may say they are eating 25 g net carbs/day but you can fit plenty of non-starchy veggies into 25 grams carbs if you exclude the fiber.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    hotsungirl wrote: »
    My daily goal is 240 which right now is 40% of my macros. Carbs are fuel.

You have a choice for fuel -- carbs (glucose) or ketones (fat).

and fat itself of course -
    05vqpv1enhu8.png

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    "They"? Mfp gave me 156

1200 calories * 55% / 4 = 165 grams so I guess that's a typo. If you log exercise that'll increase pro-rata.
  • jessypug
    jessypug Posts: 142 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    250-350g :D
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    207, under goal of 250 today. Fruit veg rice and split peas.
  • jordanify
    jordanify Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I feel more energy, sleep better and have less cravings staying under 50 gr. Everyone is different.
  • brandiecolquitt
    brandiecolquitt Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm currently pretty low... around 35g per day. For me.. I have digestive issues with pastas and rices so I avoid all of those. Plus, I find the fewer carbs I eat, the better my cravings are. I do go up as high as 50 on the days that I choose to eat fruit. It isn't great for everyone and not everyone would benefit nor even want to go low carb... but for me... it has worked much better for how I feel and how I function. No one eating plan is the end all-be all for everyone.
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    300 or more usually
  • shreddedtrooper
    shreddedtrooper Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    240-550 depending on day of the week and current split.

Cannot wait to hit 300 club on sustained basis and 400 and so on, then the shreds will be super real.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was 284.
  • JoyeII
    JoyeII Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I stay around 100g.