Different kinds of tea...

Options

Replies

• CrmpetsNTea
    CrmpetsNTea Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I feel like I have just met my people! I drink a lot of tea (4-5 cups daily) and I am a huge fan of Kusmi's green with jasmine and Twining's Lady Grey. I have a tea cupboard that is overflowing with good stuff!
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I don't feel like so much the tea hoarder now! I have found my people! :P

I have a collection of teas that I just buy randomly from stores, but my favorites are the local looseleafs that I get from Dryad Tea and a 'local' tea shop in Fort Collins, Happy Lucky's. I can honestly say that I really LOVE HL so much. And they benefit great causes.

http://dryadtea.com/
    http://www.happyluckys.com/

My favorite things from HL are the Madame Grey, Almond Black, and Cinnamon Spice. You can also blend your own teas, and I get food-grade lavender from them for my baking. And both of them are really affordable and ship anywhere.

For storebought, I adore Cost Plus World Market. They have so many wonderful teas, and I can get Thai tea to make here at home. I just wish condensed milk wasn't so calorific. They came out with some special stuff for Dotown (sp) Abbey around Christmas, and I got an amazing ceramic teapot from them, along with their Vanilla Earl Grey, which is really good. I just don't like the price of Republic of Tea, when it's the bottom of the barrel shakings of tea. That's when I found the almond tea at Happy Lucky's and that's my goto now.

kwsm9c3bs7jq.jpg

Now I need to go make a pot to go in the refrigerator. I almost always have a pitcher of herbal tea in there for summer.

• natebollinger
    natebollinger Posts: 24 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Green tea all day/everyday for me! I brew it both iced and hot. I don't love the taste of water, so I brew green tea and put pure 100% stevia in it (not the fake stuff). I like the Kirkland green tea from Costco. It's cheap and has matcha in it: http://www.amazon.com/Kirkland-Matcha-Blend-Japanese-Tea-100/dp/B000WB1YSE
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    MaitreyeeMAYHEM Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    If you have a Home Goods, TJ Maxx or Marshalls around you check out thier food section. You can always find interesting teas discounted there.

I love TJ Maxx!! I got a cute mug with a matching tray, steeper and tea bag plate there. It was so cute!! I didn't know that Home Goods had a food section.
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    Options
    I feel like I have just met my people! I drink a lot of tea (4-5 cups daily) and I am a huge fan of Kusmi's green with jasmine and Twining's Lady Grey. I have a tea cupboard that is overflowing with good stuff!

I just tried Lady Grey and I love it!! It's not as strong as Earl Grey but I like it!
  • JeepJeep87
    JeepJeep87 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I really like Lipton's white tea. I choose the blueberry pomegranate flavor and love it!
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I don't feel like so much the tea hoarder now! I have found my people! :P

I have a collection of teas that I just buy randomly from stores, but my favorites are the local looseleafs that I get from Dryad Tea and a 'local' tea shop in Fort Collins, Happy Lucky's. I can honestly say that I really LOVE HL so much. And they benefit great causes.

http://dryadtea.com/
    http://www.happyluckys.com/

My favorite things from HL are the Madame Grey, Almond Black, and Cinnamon Spice. You can also blend your own teas, and I get food-grade lavender from them for my baking. And both of them are really affordable and ship anywhere.

For storebought, I adore Cost Plus World Market. They have so many wonderful teas, and I can get Thai tea to make here at home. I just wish condensed milk wasn't so calorific. They came out with some special stuff for Dotown (sp) Abbey around Christmas, and I got an amazing ceramic teapot from them, along with their Vanilla Earl Grey, which is really good. I just don't like the price of Republic of Tea, when it's the bottom of the barrel shakings of tea. That's when I found the almond tea at Happy Lucky's and that's my goto now.

kwsm9c3bs7jq.jpg

Now I need to go make a pot to go in the refrigerator. I almost always have a pitcher of herbal tea in there for summer.

I have heard good things about Happy Lucky's!

• MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    Options
    Do you make ice tea for summer the same way you make regular tea? just cold water instead of hot?
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    When I make iced tea I make it the same way as I do for hot tea, except I use half the amount of water (or double the amount of tea if I'm really thirsty), then pour it over a glass full of ice after it's brewed. There is usually enough ice in the glass so the melted ice will chill and dilute the tea, with enough ice remaining to keep it cold while I enjoy it.

Iced green tea is one of my favorite summer drinks.
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    Options
    good idea!! I need more ice tea recipes. haha I haven't tried green tea ice tea before.
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    Options
    Has anyone put Torani syrup in their tea? I tried the sugar free English toffee in my Earl Gray tea and loved it.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    You should try a London Fog- made with Earl Grey, steamed milk, and vanilla. So delicious. If you happen to have a Davids Tea near you (you probably don't if you're not in Canada), it has so many different types of delicious tea (lime gelato, strawberry fields, white nectarine, etc).
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    Options
    I'm sure I can find that online. Many tea shops have online stores.
  • mandykent111
    mandykent111 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    $80 for tea is that serious!! I get my tea at target or the store and it works fine for me! :)
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Some tea appreciates in value like fine wine. I have a tea cake that I paid $25 for several years ago that now sells for 200 or more
  • PrettyMuchDay
    PrettyMuchDay Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My favorite right now is Bigelow "Perfect Peach". Smells just like peach pie! I also love Celestial seasonings raspberry zinger and any cinnamon tea!
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    Some tea appreciates in value like fine wine. I have a tea cake that I paid $25 for several years ago that now sells for 200 or more

Oddly that's not surprising. I can totally see how older teas can go up.
  • mjc1409
    mjc1409 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I recently bought a few different loose leaf teas from bulk barn. Just a small amount of each so I could test them all out, a rosehip one, and a chocolate one were my favourites, but it was literally like 50cents for each and I got about 7 serves each. It's a nice way to try before you buy.
  • VerlaCollins
    Options
    It depends upon your mood and taste. If you want to drink another tea, then try once oolong tea.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    I <3 tea and start out the day with a big mug, which I add to throughout the day. I have an entire cupboard and many canisters devoted to various teas. I try to only drink organic teas with no chemicals or food additives, because who needs that stuff?? (soy lecithin, cornstarch, artificial (natural?) flavorings) Many teas also contain pesticides, so if that is an important for you do some research.

I make no claims that this is accurate, but here's an article about stuff that's in your tea.
    http://foodbabe.com/2013/08/21/do-you-know-whats-really-in-your-tea/

My favorite brands of tea are Numi and Yogi, which are both organic. Numi sells a sampler pack on Amazon, so you can try different ones. I also grow many of my own herbs and dry them and make into my own tea blends. This is super easy!! Mints of all kind, lemon balm, sage, lavender, chamomile, even clover blossoms and rose petals make lovely tea. You can grow most of these herbs in a pot on your patio or kitchen window.