What is your weird motivations to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    My real motivation was being diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis. I want to get pressure off my joints.

My silly motivation? I want to be thinner than my sister. I feel so petty about admitting that, but glob help me, it's true. My family put me through hell being the only fat one out of a bunch of thin people, and now everyone is overweight. I want to be the thin one.
  • mummyzena
    mummyzena Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    So my body doesn't look like homer Simpson face when I sit down naked (we've all seen the meme, it wasn't me. But still).
    And most importantly I want to go to alton towers for scare fest and go on all the rides without having to be squashed in and to be able to get on the kids rides with my littlest.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    My motivation now isn't so much to lose weight, as it is to get stronger. . . BUT, in the beginning, I didn't want to have to wear a jacket or cover all the time to hide the gut that was forming there.
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I'm losing this weight for many reasons but the least common has already been mentioned... for cosplay! I hope to cosplay Bishamon from the anime Noragami. She's, uh, a little underdressed? :wink:
  • clark59j_99
    clark59j_99 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    So I can wear shorts in public. My legs haven't seen sunlight in about 10 years! They almost glow in the dark.
  • LorraineZinn
    LorraineZinn Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    2) To never have to wonder if it's because of my weight or if it's just me (no matter what the circumstance).

This for sure! I work in health care, and there is a ton of disgust and discrimination directed against us fatties there. The next time I apply for a job and don't get it, I want to be sure it wasn't just because I'm fat.

Also, I want to be too small to fit into one single thing in the Woman Within catalog.

• Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    So I can wear shorts in public. My legs haven't seen sunlight in about 10 years! They almost glow in the dark.

Thats not a bad thing though! If you go camping and get lost in the woods, you can take your pants off and use your legs as a signaling device for people to find you!!!

LoL okay okay, please forgive me. My ex husband was incredibly pale, and I often amused myself by coming up with the strangest things as "perks." All in good fun!! :smiley:

• ghoti_fish
    ghoti_fish Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    Preparation for the zombie apocalypse.

Rule #1: Cardio

You win!

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    4homer wrote: »
    I really want to do drag so I guess to most that a weird one. Not so weird I would love to go any store and be able to get any sort of cloths and fit instead of praying that they have a 3x or bigger
    10/10. That's the winner. Good luck to you!

For me, it's the usual boring stuff. Sick of feeling frumpy and dumpy.

• Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    4homer wrote: »
    I really want to do drag so I guess to most that a weird one. Not so weird I would love to go any store and be able to get any sort of cloths and fit instead of praying that they have a 3x or bigger

Not even! I have a friend who does drag shows... Would LOVE to go up to visit and see him perform sometime cause I have no doubt hes anything less than fabulous! lol He's so conservative too, an English professor. But I knew him waaay before that, we'd get drunk on Alize and watch musicals.

Jeez that was like 15 years ago. memories maaan. Anyway, awesome goal, I think so anyway LoL
  • trailriding4fun
    trailriding4fun Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    To feel healthy and not be a pudgy grandma. I put on my capris from last summer and a couple pairs are hanging off of me. Yay!
  • emmybeanie
    Options
    I want to sew clothes from patterns, but I am bigger than the biggest size on the pattern. Also fabric is expensive, so I want to buy less of it :smile:
  • Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    My silly one is that I started my backpiece tattoo, have the rest of it planned out...and just think it'd look better if I was thinner.

Also because I look for any socially acceptable reason to take my shirt off, and don't wanna feel like I'm too fat to do it. Lol.

Dropping into a lower weight class for grappling competitions (160 and up is a pretty wide disparity), and not being out of breath by the time the match goes to the ground.

• BlxckSwan
    BlxckSwan Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    To take ootd's for instagram and not look fat.
  • fat2strongbeth
    fat2strongbeth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I want to feel confident on the beach and reach a healthy BMI.
  • bainsworth1a
    bainsworth1a Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I want to ride roller coasters again
  • isalo1300
    isalo1300 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    A few reasons:
    1. For cosplay :) I wanna dress up as someone hot ;)
    2. For college. I wanna be confident and establish healthy habits before I go out into the world.
    3. I wanna get back to my freshman weight. I kinda let myself go when I got depressed...
    4. Really weird and bad reason to but... I'm really attracted to asian guys who are usually a lot.... smaller... than me, so yeah... I didn't wanna be the fat girlfriend.
  • DanieleIsBatgirl
    DanieleIsBatgirl Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    So next time I see my ex, he'll kick himself for giving me up ;)
  • haysavam
    haysavam Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Being real?
    I'm not going to start having children until I'm close/after 30. I will be devastated if I get to that point and because I haven't taken care of my body my doctor says to me I am not able to. I don't want to have regrets.