Options

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    runner475 wrote: »
    gothchiq wrote: »
    omg Gianni thank u so much!!! I'm bookmarking that page for me and hubby for the weekend.

my pleasure...buon appetito....guys do not argue with runner475....I'm a mind reader too and she's a good person I feel it :)))) but yeah arguing with her (I suppose her from the picture) is quite pleasant....

Ha HA HA!!!! Honest to god I want a damn pizza now!!!

then go to Pilot

Pilot, as in the gas station / convenience store place?
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    BEERRUNNER wrote: »
    Im eating pizza tonight...Home runn inn pizza!

Totally off topic, but...YES!

Home Run Inn completely changed my life. It's the first thing I ever bought to eat in Chicago when I moved into my first apartment. I had no idea frozen pizza could be so delicious.

Yes it is the BEST frozen pizza ever!!!!!!!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    why does it matter?

are you trying to label it as bad, because fast food?

Agreed. I don't think I could care less about the answer to this question. You shouldn't care either. Eat it or don't, just log it.

amen
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    Troutsy wrote: »
    Pizza is not fast food

(I don't consider pizza hut or dominos actual pizza)
    Nor is it fast...

Always way too hungry to wait :'(

My local joint isn't too bad time wise thankfully! If I show up before my pizza is ready, sometimes they will give me someone else's pizza if its the same order so I don't have to wait.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »
    It always kills me when people call pizza bad, it's got verity of different foods on it: veggies, any kind of meat you want, fruit, cheese, tomato sauce, crust, etc.....a pizza would hit your macros and most of your micros depending what you have on it. JS

didn't you get the memo ...?? Anything with carbs AND high calorie is very bad for you ...

oh soooo baaaaaadddddddd
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options
    glevinso wrote: »
    To settle an argument would have been my first guess.

Well then that was an epic failure :)

No doubt. :D Unless you simply tally up the yes/no answers, ignoring the rest, and agree that majority rules.

I've actually had a similar argument re: steak house burgers.
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    No, pizza is pizza...it is it's own thing...

Also, Dominoes isn't pizza...don't know what it is, but it's not pizza....

ALL OF THIS!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »
    It always kills me when people call pizza bad, it's got verity of different foods on it: veggies, any kind of meat you want, fruit, cheese, tomato sauce, crust, etc.....a pizza would hit your macros and most of your micros depending what you have on it. JS

didn't you get the memo ...?? Anything with carbs AND high calorie is very bad for you ...

oh soooo baaaaaadddddddd

I guess I missed it...lol!!
  • GTAFrank
    GTAFrank Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I'm just going to leave this here...

pizza.jpg
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    JenAndSome wrote: »
    auddii wrote: »
    There's a new place that has popped up that's like a Chipotle of pizza; there are some suggested pies, but you can put whatever toppings on it you want all for the same price. Plus, it's a pretty thin crust, and they have pretty hot oven, so it cooks in 4 minutes. If it's busy, it seriously backs up and takes forever.

Casual dining pizza? Strangest thing about the place is they have wine on tap... O_o

This place sounds a little like heaven

It's amazingly good. http://modpizza.com/menu/
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    emily_stew wrote: »
    I am curious why OP wants to know...

I guess she is not coming back to clarify

Fairly certain OP has decided "fast food == bad food" and wants to know if she has to classify pizza as a "bad food"

What makes you fairly certain of this?

Because this is MFP and this sort of thing gets posted here all the time

It's a fitness site and this is a Food and Nutrition category. OP has a food question where else will they ask their question.

I can understand it gets old and boring but hey it's their 2nd post let's give them a break.

My point was that there is no purpose to that question. As far as I can figure the only reason she would ask this is because she attaches a stigma to the concept of "fast food". She then goes on to wonder if she has to give up something she likes because it is suddenly in this "bad stuff" category.

In other words, this discussion is completely pointless.

No. I doubt it was to do with stigma. I honestly don't think so.

I saw it was their 2nd post and it was their question out of curiosity.

and you know this how?

are you mind reader?

We will stick to topic going forward. Let's not debate if I'm psychic or not.

Question-what do you think the OP meant? We all make assumptions, what's yours?

They had a question a very simple question - Is Pizza a Fast Food?

Remember this is my lifestyle and what I believe. You quoted me and I'm answering you only and only because you quoted me.

Pizza to me is a fast food. A fast food for me is something which I do not want in my daily diet. It's a rare occurrence. I cannot afford to have in my daily diet. I have worked way too hard to reach were I've reached. Way too hard and I have lot more to cover.

To me it's not about weight loss anymore. I have lost 124 pounds but that journey is over for me. Now it is more about endurance and nutrition and checking off other goals.
  • giannigreco83
    giannigreco83 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    omg Gianni thank u so much!!! I'm bookmarking that page for me and hubby for the weekend.

my pleasure...buon appetito....guys do not argue with runner475....I'm a mind reader too and she's a good person I feel it :)))) but yeah arguing with her (I suppose her from the picture) is quite pleasant....

then go to Pilot

I sense some love going here lol
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Well, that's it...I'm hitting up my favorite pizzeria (Village Pizza) tomorrow evening with the wife and kids. It's supposed to be pretty nice tomorrow so I'm thinking we'll chill out on their patio...but probably it will be just cool enough for them to have their huge outdoor fire place blazing away on some good hard cedar wood. A nice pie and some cold brews and a nice fire...can't wait.

And I'm not sure how that could be considered "fast food"
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    GTAFrank wrote: »
    I'm just going to leave this here...

pizza.jpg

might_need_invader_zim.gif

I'm totally getting pizza for dinner tonight now
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    Pizza is not fast food

(I don't consider pizza hut or dominos actual pizza)
    Nor is it fast...

Always way too hungry to wait :'(

My local joint isn't too bad time wise thankfully! If I show up before my pizza is ready, sometimes they will give me someone else's pizza if its the same order so I don't have to wait.

Customer loyalty right up there! <3
  • Need2Exerc1se
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Pizza is clearly a food of the gods and therefore, not categorized as "fast".

gods like slow food? Just wondering because if I was a god, all my food would be fast. Or there would be hell to pay. :p
  • GTAFrank
    GTAFrank Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Pizza is clearly a food of the gods and therefore, not categorized as "fast".

Your logic is sound and cannot be argued against.
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Pizza is great. It'll just never help me hit my very ambitious macro goals, unless they're covered in chicken breast and cottage cheese. That said, I'll eat pizza all day long. Pairs perfectly with the other perfect comestible: BEER!
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options

then go to Pilot

Pilot, as in the gas station / convenience store place?

Yes. A Gas Station. I see them especially near major interstates.