runner475 wrote: »
    glevinso wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    I am curious why OP wants to know...

I guess she is not coming back to clarify

Fairly certain OP has decided "fast food == bad food" and wants to know if she has to classify pizza as a "bad food"

What makes you fairly certain of this?

Because this is MFP and this sort of thing gets posted here all the time

It's a fitness site and this is a Food and Nutrition category. OP has a food question where else will they ask their question.

I can understand it gets old and boring but hey it's their 2nd post let's give them a break.

My point was that there is no purpose to that question. As far as I can figure the only reason she would ask this is because she attaches a stigma to the concept of "fast food". She then goes on to wonder if she has to give up something she likes because it is suddenly in this "bad stuff" category.

In other words, this discussion is completely pointless.

No. I doubt it was to do with stigma. I honestly don't think so.

I saw it was their 2nd post and it was their question out of curiosity.

and you know this how?

are you mind reader?

We will stick to topic going forward. Let's not debate if I'm psychic or not.

Question-what do you think the OP meant? We all make assumptions, what's yours?

They had a question a very simple question - Is Pizza a Fast Food?

Remember this is my lifestyle and what I believe. You quoted me and I'm answering you only and only because you quoted me.

Pizza to me is a fast food. A fast food for me is something which I do not want in my daily diet. It's a rare occurrence. I cannot afford to have in my daily diet. I have worked way too hard to reach were I've reached. Way too hard and I have lot more to cover.

To me it's not about weight loss anymore. I have lost 124 pounds but that journey is over for me. Now it is more about endurance and nutrition and checking off other goals.

Ahh so now we get down to it. You equate "fast food" and "bad food", then making what is perhaps an incorrect logical assumption that pizza being a high-calorie thing is "bad" and therefore "fast"...

A=B does not necessarily mean B=A
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    omg Gianni thank u so much!!! I'm bookmarking that page for me and hubby for the weekend.

my pleasure...buon appetito....guys do not argue with runner475....I'm a mind reader too and she's a good person I feel it :)))) but yeah arguing with her (I suppose her from the picture) is quite pleasant....

Ha HA HA!!!! Honest to god I want a damn pizza now!!!

then go to Pilot

Are you from NJ? They make superb Tomato Jersey Pizza where I live. It's a mom and pop Italian place. My family hates me for ordering that pizza b'coz they think it's a shame on human race to order pizza with no meat.

Meh!!!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    emily_stew wrote: »

Fairly certain OP has decided "fast food == bad food" and wants to know if she has to classify pizza as a "bad food"

It's a fitness site and this is a Food and Nutrition category. OP has a food question where else will they ask their question.

I can understand it gets old and boring but hey it's their 2nd post let's give them a break.

My point was that there is no purpose to that question. As far as I can figure the only reason she would ask this is because she attaches a stigma to the concept of "fast food". She then goes on to wonder if she has to give up something she likes because it is suddenly in this "bad stuff" category.

and you know this how?

are you mind reader?

Remember this is my lifestyle and what I believe. You quoted me and I'm answering you only and only because you quoted me.

Pizza to me is a fast food. A fast food for me is something which I do not want in my daily diet. It's a rare occurrence. I cannot afford to have in my daily diet. I have worked way too hard to reach were I've reached. Way too hard and I have lot more to cover.

To me it's not about weight loss anymore. I have lost 124 pounds but that journey is over for me. Now it is more about endurance and nutrition and checking off other goals.

so any fast food = bad food...

so if I get a grilled chicken salad from mcdonalds it is bad because "fast good"...

If you go to a dine in restaurant and get pizza is that good or bad?

The problem with simplistic categorizations of food as good/bad/clean is that they do not fit into the complicated world of real life, health, and nutrition.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Also, if you want the world's slowest pizza go here:
    image1.jpg

My friends and I all figure the service is so slow because everyone is high. Luckily they have a really good craft beer selection.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    omg Gianni thank u so much!!! I'm bookmarking that page for me and hubby for the weekend.

my pleasure...buon appetito....guys do not argue with runner475....I'm a mind reader too and she's a good person I feel it :)))) but yeah arguing with her (I suppose her from the picture) is quite pleasant....

Ha HA HA!!!! Honest to god I want a damn pizza now!!!

then go to Pilot

Are you from NJ? They make superb Tomato Jersey Pizza where I live. It's a mom and pop Italian place. My family hates me for ordering that pizza b'coz they think it's a shame on human race to order pizza with no meat.

Meh!!!

so is that pizza good or bad?
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    Dragn77 wrote: »
    I grew up calling anything out of a box hamburger helper, even though technically thats a brand, and not everything uses hamburger (like mac and cheese, or tuna helper, or chicken helper lol) but its just the concept of fast, cheap, easy and out of a box. Generally speaking though, I think those are just called um..actually, I dont think theres a name for it..is there?! LoL

garbage? LOLOLOLLOL
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Pizza is great. It'll just never help me hit my very ambitious macro goals, unless they're covered in chicken breast and cottage cheese. That said, I'll eat pizza all day long. Pairs perfectly with the other perfect comestible: BEER!
    Pizza = beer, duh!
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options
    I see nothing wrong with classifying foods as "stuff I eat only on rare occasions" and "normal every day". Things that go into the former are like things like pizza because they are high in calories (assuming a low-cal diet is your goal). That doesn't make it bad. That doesn't make it good. That just makes it something you don't eat all the time.

McDonalds has a surprising number of selections that are lower calorie and full of nutrients. There is no reason to avoid it simply because of the "fast food" label.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »
    GTAFrank wrote: »
    I'm just going to leave this here...

pizza.jpg

might_need_invader_zim.gif

I'm totally getting pizza for dinner tonight now

Pizza would be delicious right about now!! LOL!!

Is it me or do these kinds of topics make others crave what they're asking about? Like last week, with that hamburger thread that was around, I think a lot of people ate burgers for that reason. :laugh: Now... pizza!! :blush:
  • 424a57
    424a57 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    USDA Food database classifies pizza (including Domino's) as "fast food". But, perhaps, they don't recognize anything other than "chain food" as food, which would explain why no non-chain pizzas show up.

http://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/foods

NDB No. Description Food Group
    21277 DOMINO'S 14" Cheese Pizza, Classic Hand-Tossed Crust Fast Foods
    21299 Fast Food, Pizza Chain, 14" pizza, cheese topping, regular crust Fast Foods
  • runner475
    Options

and you know this how?

are you mind reader?

Ahh so now we get down to it. You equate "fast food" and "bad food", then making what is perhaps an incorrect logical assumption that pizza being a high-calorie thing is "bad" and therefore "fast"...

A=B does not necessarily mean B=A

What? Ohh!!Dear!!!

I eat Snapea (chips) everyday. Without fail ... as soon as I reach home. Falls in my 20% quota of treats.
  • runner475
    Options

and you know this how?

are you mind reader?

so any fast food = bad food...

so if I get a grilled chicken salad from mcdonalds it is bad because "fast good"...

If you go to a dine in restaurant and get pizza is that good or bad?

The problem with simplistic categorizations of food as good/bad/clean is that they do not fit into the complicated world of real life, health, and nutrition.

We'll only converse further if you find a word "bad" in my comment. Consider it as a treasure hunt.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I go out for my favorite pizza at least once per week. That includes 3 or 4 beers as well cause well, it's not a complete meal if it doesn't have beer.

My favorite from Empire Slice House
    The FogHorn Leghorn - chicken, jalapenos, bacon and that is a heart made out of Sriracha. Apparently the waitress wanted me ;) GF wasn't too happy though.

pizza.jpg
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I grew up calling anything out of a box hamburger helper, even though technically thats a brand, and not everything uses hamburger (like mac and cheese, or tuna helper, or chicken helper lol) but its just the concept of fast, cheap, easy and out of a box. Generally speaking though, I think those are just called um..actually, I dont think theres a name for it..is there?! LoL

garbage? LOLOLOLLOL

Yeah...I just didnt want to offend anyone who eats that stuff LoL!!!

I once went on strike cooking for my ex-husband...he was craving hamburger helper and bought it, so I went ahead and made it for dinner one night (and for reference, this was about 17 years ago, the last time I ever had hamburger helper)

I went back to my usual cooking, and one night after making a new meal, I asked him what he thought and he said it was good, but if I can make that cheeseburger hamburger helper again. I stood up, tossed his plate, and the pan into the sink, filled it with water and went to bed.

Didnt cook again for a week. He never mentioned hamburger helper again...I muse that his new wife makes it for him every night and he adores her for it LoL

• jkwolly
    Options
    herrspoons wrote: »
    We were in Naples in 2008. The pizza there was godly - a totally different class.
    True Italian pizza is the best.

60-90 seconds in a super hot oven

FDKLSJFKLSDKLFJSKLDFSDJL
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Thanks to this thread, think I'll be making pizza dough this weekend .. wish it was a real fast process I would make it now
  • jkwolly
    Options

garbage? LOLOLOLLOL

Yeah...I just didnt want to offend anyone who eats that stuff LoL!!!

I once went on strike cooking for my ex-husband...he was craving hamburger helper and bought it, so I went ahead and made it for dinner one night (and for reference, this was about 17 years ago, the last time I ever had hamburger helper)

I went back to my usual cooking, and one night after making a new meal, I asked him what he thought and he said it was good, but if I can make that cheeseburger hamburger helper again. I stood up, tossed his plate, and the pan into the sink, filled it with water and went to bed.

Didnt cook again for a week. He never mentioned hamburger helper again...I muse that his new wife makes it for him every night and he adores her for it LoL
    Can you blame him? That shiz is delicious.
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    herrspoons wrote: »
    We were in Naples in 2008. The pizza there was godly - a totally different class.

See, I gotta get excited about this stuff, too. Love me some American, especially deep-dish, Chicago-style (Zachary's in Oakland, anyone?); however, traditional pizza can be amazing. Flatbread-style crust with olive oil, garlic and fig jam, topped with prosciutto that winds up all crispy and fresh arugula? HELL YES!