Options

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
  • 4homer
    4homer Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I really want pizza with a side of fries now.
    Add a chocolate shake and that would be heaven

• pwisely
    pwisely Posts: 8
    Options
    runner475 wrote: »
    Yes Pizza is a fast food.

no it is not fast food.... I mean where do you get pizza, honestly?

To you it is not. To me it is. You have problem with that.

Just wondering where you're able to get pizza so fast that it's considered fast food. It takes at least 15 to 20 mins anywhere I go and thats doing carry out! Not even delivery.
  • Meglep24
    Meglep24 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    well considering how fast I shove it down my piehole... get it pie hole... pizza pie.... okay ..ya.
  • _whatsherface
    _whatsherface Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    No, pizza is pizza...it is it's own thing...

Also, Dominoes isn't pizza...don't know what it is, but it's not pizza....

Dominos is amazing. It used to be crap but it's pretty good now =D LOL
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    No, pizza is pizza...it is it's own thing...

Also, Dominoes isn't pizza...don't know what it is, but it's not pizza....

Dominos is amazing. It used to be crap but it's pretty good now =D LOL

I'm very much a food snob...I've never had anything amazing at any chain restaurant...but like I said, I'm a total snob and I freely admit it.
  • jumboon
    jumboon Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, sure pizza is fast food! If you consider the Italian/Mediterranean meals and the time needed to arrange 'em. Please, also consider that home made pizza is a surrogate. High temperature ovens are needed (wodden fired oven are more suitable). A pizza is done in 5 mins, eaten in 10. Also, you don't wait for it at home. You move up and go to a pizzeria. Forget the cardboard taste, forget the spongy texture soaked in steam during transportation in cardboard boxes. Yes, pizza is fast food but pizza from fast food chains is not pizza! LOL
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    IMO - if you can get it from a drive thru, its fast food.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    I'm still back on page 4 and keep seeing Home Run Inn as "best frozen pizza." Are all the actual HRI's gone and only the frozen is left? Haven't been across the lake in a while, if they're all gone I'm going to be sad.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Yes Pizza is a fast food.

no it is not fast food.... I mean where do you get pizza, honestly?

It takes less time to make a neopolitan pizza from scratch than it does to work your way through a McDonalds drivethru.

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I see OP has never come back ….
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, I would say yes it is fast food because, well I think they make it pretty darn fast for how well the pizza is made. Its pretty greasy like fast food is, too.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    like dominos pizza for example. or pizza from your local pizza parlor. is that considered to be fast food?

It's not so fast that I can't catch it when properly motivated. :p
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    vixtris wrote: »
    In my opinion, I would say yes it is fast food because, well I think they make it pretty darn fast for how well the pizza is made. Its pretty greasy like fast food is, too.

that is a pretty broad generalization …dominos, pizza hut, etc greasy, yes….homemade or a local spot, not so much ...
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options

You're not going to the right pizza joint if its that greasy
  • thelittlecharacter
    thelittlecharacter Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Overeating pizza is just as bad as eating fast food.
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

that is a pretty broad generalization …dominos, pizza hut, etc greasy, yes….homemade or a local spot, not so much ...

Well...she did also say that shes talking pizza from Pilot, a gas station. Cant really fault her for thinking bad of it when thats all shes knows, cause I have no doubt it sucks.

Its sort of like when I hear people call Taco Bell Mexican food...my eye twitches a bit, having lived in San Diego as a kid and getting the real deal LoL. But there are a lot of people who really dont know any better, because fast food "Mexican" or in this case, gas station pizza..is all they really know to exist because where they live, they havnt been able to experience a type of food not in fast food form.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I'm still back on page 4 and keep seeing Home Run Inn as "best frozen pizza." Are all the actual HRI's gone and only the frozen is left? Haven't been across the lake in a while, if they're all gone I'm going to be sad.

There are still Home Run Inns around here. I've never actually been to one, though.

My favorite pizza (that I rarely have, because millions of calories): http://pequodspizza.com/
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »

There are still Home Run Inns around here. I've never actually been to one, though.

My favorite pizza (that I rarely have, because millions of calories): http://pequodspizza.com/

I don't know if it's still like what it used to be. It used to be tradition when my grandparents came home from Florida, we picked them up at Midway and went there for dinner.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I think of fast food as about the style of restaurant (order at the counter or drive in, ready immediately) plus the type of food (standardized chain inexpensive). Similar service, no drive through, slightly more expensive is called quick service or quick casual or some such (like Pret a Manger or many other such places--Potbelly's is another here). My understanding is that those are restaurant marketing categories, not sure if there's any reason to pay them attention.

Pizza seems different from a marketing category perspective (which again is all these are), since it's either delivery or sit down and wait.

Does this matter nutritionally? No, but it's not like everything at a fast food place is the same either.

Oh, and from way back, delivery that you pick up is takeout. Unless you are in the UK, where it seems to be called takeaway.