Is Pizza Fast Food?

Options

Replies

• runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    However, the food was/is high sodium/calorie, and convenient. So some see that as fast food.

Like so many on this site, this thread has been an eye-opener for me. I had no idea so many people judged "fast food" based on nutritional content. I'd always thought it had to do with speed.

I have come to that place in my life where I judge food based on
    1) Fuel + Hunger
    2) Nutrition + Hunger
    3) Taste + Hunger

I consider myself an athlete and I eat like one.

Sorry but I have to get going so if you respond to me and if you don't hear back for sometime that would be because I've gone offline. It's going to be crazy busy weekend. Spring Fever and the never ending to do list ;)
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    runner475 wrote: »
    However, the food was/is high sodium/calorie, and convenient. So some see that as fast food.

Like so many on this site, this thread has been an eye-opener for me. I had no idea so many people judged "fast food" based on nutritional content. I'd always thought it had to do with speed.

1) Fuel + Hunger
    2) Nutrition + Hunger
    3) Taste + Hunger

Sorry but I have to get going so if you respond to me and if you don't hear back for sometime that would be because I've gone offline. It's going to be crazy busy weekend. Spring Fever and the never ending to do list ;)

I wasn't talking about judging food. I was talking about using a term.

But, your reponse does clear it up a bit, since it sounds like you consider "fast food" to be a judgement.
  • runner475
    Options

1) Fuel + Hunger
    2) Nutrition + Hunger
    3) Taste + Hunger

But, your reponse does clear it up a bit, since it sounds like you consider "fast food" to be a judgement.

"Judgement" as in judging others?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

1) Fuel + Hunger
    2) Nutrition + Hunger
    3) Taste + Hunger

so what does an athlete eat like?
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options

1) Fuel + Hunger
    2) Nutrition + Hunger
    3) Taste + Hunger

What? No. You said you "judge food" based on...
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

1) Fuel + Hunger
    2) Nutrition + Hunger
    3) Taste + Hunger

So then, wouldn't you really not think about fast food? You would judge food based on your personal ranking system, so why even bother considering if pizza is fast food or not since you don't care about the speed in which it was created?
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Swiftlet66 wrote: »
    It's "fast" because it's premade with low quality ingredients and you buy it and eat it quickly.

Domino's customer I assume ?

Never been there. :smiley: All these people butt hurt over me saying their pizza is fast food. Of course it's fast food--you buy it when you're too busy to make it and you consume without the effort of cooking! And then of course there are the low quality kinds and the high quality kinds.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    ah...but to throw the cat amongst the pigeons, is not a slice of pizza officially labeled as a vegetable? that would then mean that this is not fast food but some sort of "health food"

;-)

Just the tomato sauce. And containing a vegetable doesn't make you a health food, I don't think, or else people better start apologizing to the jalapeno poppers!
  • lemurcat12
    Options

That's what I have always understood.
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    It's "fast" because it's premade with low quality ingredients and you buy it and eat it quickly.

Domino's customer I assume ?

Never been there. :smiley: All these people butt hurt over me saying their pizza is fast food. Of course it's fast food--you buy it when you're too busy to make it and you consume without the effort of cooking! And then of course there are the low quality kinds and the high quality kinds.

I'm going out to eat tonight (no time to have people over for dinner before the play we are going to), and plan to consume my food without the effort of cooking. Does that mean I'm going out for fast food?

Again, these are marketing categories, and calling everything other than home cooking "fast food" wouldn't make much sense. That's not "butt hurt," it would just be confusing.
  • runner475
    Options

1) Fuel + Hunger
    2) Nutrition + Hunger
    3) Taste + Hunger

That was a question since I didn't follow the "judgement" part in the response. Nevermind. I got it now.
  • runner475
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

1) Fuel + Hunger
    2) Nutrition + Hunger
    3) Taste + Hunger

So then, wouldn't you really not think about fast food? You would judge food based on your personal ranking system, so why even bother considering if pizza is fast food or not since you don't care about the speed in which it was created?

Is that your definition about fast food.?
    Because it ain't mine.
    End of conversation with you.
    BTW if you have intentions to try to bait me or harass me by quoting my comments any further , I highly recommend - don't.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I am still waiting on the "athlete diet"....
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    BTW if you have intentions to try to bait me or harass me by quoting my comments any further , I highly recommend - don't.

be7f165e91faf2e26c8db4b4b877992e9bb41863268017403d1e0615cf6856f4.jpg
  • runner475
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

You will have to come on a date with me for that explanation. No not something I can share in public. ;)

That's my final deal. Take it.
  • ndj1979
    Options

You will have to come on a date with me for that explanation. No not something I can share in public. ;)

That's my final deal. Take it.

I will pass....

but thanks for the offer...
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options

1) Fuel + Hunger
    2) Nutrition + Hunger
    3) Taste + Hunger

That was a question since I didn't follow the "judgement" part in the response. Nevermind. I got it now.

No problem.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

I've been to dinner with plenty of athletes, their diet is pretty consistent with anyone elses. (I know you know that, but it's funny when someone plays that card)
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    I decided to check wiki. It has ruled:
    Pizza is a common fast food category in the United States, with nationwide chains including Papa John's, Domino's Pizza, Sbarro and Pizza Hut. It trails only the burger industry in supplying children's fast food calories. Menus are more limited and standardized than in traditional pizzerias, and pizza delivery is offered.

So if we go with the judgment of wiki, it depends.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »

I've been to dinner with plenty of athletes, their diet is pretty consistent with anyone elses. (I know you know that, but it's funny when someone plays that card)

I know a certain endurance athlete on these forums who eats a bunch of stuff that people would say "athletes" do not eat...but he does....