Is Pizza Fast Food?

Options

Replies

• judiness101
    judiness101 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    My husband is Neapolitan real pizza is a delicacy, my FIL has is own wood oven in the backyard.

Domino, pizza hut and such just hits the spot when you feel like something carby-fatty-salty. For me it's fast food in the sense that it reward food that is lacking refinement. There is nothing wrong in having once in a while.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Swiftlet66 wrote: »
    It's "fast" because it's premade with low quality ingredients and you buy it and eat it quickly.

All pizza? Hmm.
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options
    Yup. I did it. I went to my local brewpub last night and ordered a sausage and mushroom pizza. And a couple large beers. And some wings

I ate 5 slices off the large pizza.

The other 3 are in my lunch bag to be consumed in about an hour.

Life is good...
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Ok, that's it. Pizza tonight. We're headed to Spaghetti Western, so I think I'm going to go with the Ugly (as opposed to the Good or the Bad). It has grilled chicken, red onions, roma tomatoes and spicy chipotle tomatillo sauce.

And I was talking to my boyfriend about how pizza is a pie, so I think our gaming group is going to do pizza for lunch in honor of pi day...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    glevinso wrote: »
    Yup. I did it. I went to my local brewpub last night and ordered a sausage and mushroom pizza. And a couple large beers. And some wings

Life is good...

dude, that is so bad and dirty that I am disgusted....
  • glevinso
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

Life is good...

dude, that is so bad and dirty that I am disgusted....

I haven't counted calories in a while but I am pretty sure I was still under my needs for the day :D
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    I had this one in Naples, Italy a month ago while I was visiting my family... I am from the south... I do not want to sound biased because I grew up close to Naples but this is state-of-the-art pizza.... flour dough, bufala mozzarella and tomato sauce....it's heaven...then I see a slice of Domino and you can guess the reaction......

1wvphzn0w3qb.jpg

I want!!!!
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    i worked at a pizza parlor for almost 2 years (left after I had my second child). We came in early to make the dough, proof it, etc. Chop fresh veggies, fruits, etc for the menu and the salad bar. Prep/bread and deep fry cuts of chicken and wedge whole potatoes for the hot bar.

some stuff was canned (the sauce), but most was fresh. I dont consider that fast food, because of the prep time, the cooking involved, and the cost.

However, the food was/is high sodium/calorie, and convenient. So some see that as fast food.

I eat mcdonalds or similar once a week, and I dont have trouble with meeting my day's goals.
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    Wait.

Does pizza count for Pi day? Cause tomorrow will the most awesome one in this particular century 3-14-15
  • glevinso
    Options
    EvanKeel wrote: »
    Wait.

Does pizza count for Pi day? Cause tomorrow will the most awesome one in this particular century 3-14-15

Pizza calories don't count on Pi day.

Neither do regular pie calories.

Or even savory pies.

PIES FOR ALL!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    EvanKeel wrote: »
    Wait.

I'm making it count!
  • craigjmorton
    craigjmorton Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    ah...but to throw the cat amongst the pigeons, is not a slice of pizza officially labeled as a vegetable? that would then mean that this is not fast food but some sort of "health food"

;-)
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    However, the food was/is high sodium/calorie, and convenient. So some see that as fast food.

Like so many on this site, this thread has been an eye-opener for me. I had no idea so many people judged "fast food" based on nutritional content. I'd always thought it had to do with speed.
  • FairlyOddChelle
    FairlyOddChelle Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'd consider anything that you don't prepare and cook at home to be fast food. But, we call it street food, so the whole "fast" thing in regards to how long it takes to prepare doesn't really matter.
  • DucklingPrincess
    DucklingPrincess Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I just read the thread, and now, like everyone else, I really want pizza. Too bad we don't have any pizzerias here... the nicest place we have is Papa John's. :P
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options

Like so many on this site, this thread has been an eye-opener for me. I had no idea so many people judged "fast food" based on nutritional content. I'd always thought it had to do with speed.
    I agree here. Fast usually pertains to speed not ingredients. *shrugs*
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    ah...but to throw the cat amongst the pigeons, is not a slice of pizza officially labeled as a vegetable? that would then mean that this is not fast food but some sort of "health food"

;-)

Not quite. The ruling was that a slice of school lunch pizza contained 1 serving of vegetables, not that it is a vegetable.
  • glevinso
    Options
    I have to stop reading this thread at least for 20 more minutes. The pizza in my lunch bag is calling to me...
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I have to stop reading this thread at least for 20 more minutes. The pizza in my lunch bag is calling to me...
    I want pizza for breakfast :'(