Is Pizza Fast Food?

Options

Replies

• Niff314
    Niff314 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I really wish I liked pizza. I feel as if I'm missing out on something important...
  • soccerkon26
    soccerkon26 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    No, pizza is pizza...it is it's own thing...

Also, Dominoes isn't pizza...don't know what it is, but it's not pizza....

THIS. so true.
  • blossomingbutterfly
    blossomingbutterfly Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    All this pizza talk, I'm starting to want a pizza, LMAO
  • giannigreco83
    giannigreco83 Posts: 282 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I had this one in Naples, Italy a month ago while I was visiting my family... I am from the south... I do not want to sound biased because I grew up close to Naples but this is state-of-the-art pizza.... flour dough, bufala mozzarella and tomato sauce....it's heaven...then I see a slice of Domino and you can guess the reaction......

1wvphzn0w3qb.jpg

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,998 Member
    Options
    I had this one in Naples, Italy a month ago while I was visiting my family... I am from the south... I do not want to sound biased because I grew up close to Naples but this is state-of-the-art pizza.... flour dough, bufala mozzarella and tomato sauce....it's heaven...then I see a slice of Domino and you can guess the reaction......

1wvphzn0w3qb.jpg

A bowl of pizza, interesting. :p

• giannigreco83
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

oh hell no on Olive Garden…!!!!!!!!!!!

They wish they were "an Italian place"

• 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I'm still back on page 4 and keep seeing Home Run Inn as "best frozen pizza." Are all the actual HRI's gone and only the frozen is left? Haven't been across the lake in a while, if they're all gone I'm going to be sad.

There are still Home Run Inns around here. I've never actually been to one, though.

My favorite pizza (that I rarely have, because millions of calories): http://pequodspizza.com/

Have you ever been to Art of Pizza? It's on Ashland and...just north of Wellington. Absolute best pan pizza in the city. The crust is amazing. But I'm totally down with the thin crust personal pizzas from Pequods.

So. Necessary.
  • sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I'm still back on page 4 and keep seeing Home Run Inn as "best frozen pizza." Are all the actual HRI's gone and only the frozen is left? Haven't been across the lake in a while, if they're all gone I'm going to be sad.

We have one about 5 minutes from my house and the warehouse for the frozen is about 10 minutes farther. Funny thing is even with it so close I have only had the frozen. Probably because if I am having pizza it is at home, and the last time I looked, they do not deliver.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I have to assume many of the folks who are saying pizza is definitely fast food, or it's not worth the calories, must live somewhere that they simply don't have access to a freshly made pizza! My brother lived in a suburb of Syracuse for awhile, and the only place he could find an "edible" slice of pizza was a gas station off the road he lived on. He has also lived in Pennsylvania and now northern Virginia and is still looking for a decent slice!

When he comes back to visit us on Long Island (a suburb of NYC) we always have pizza at least once and he drives home with a bag of still warm bagels.

To me, Dominos is to Pizzeria pizza what a McD hamburger is to a homemade burger on the grill. It's not bad, but it's not really even the same thing, it's just something to eat...

Edited to add: I am SO now getting a pie for dinner tomorrow!
  • GTAFrank
    GTAFrank Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Not sure if the OP got what she wanted out of this thread but I am certain there was a lot of pizza consumed tonight... myself included lol
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options

1wvphzn0w3qb.jpg

Amen to that! Naples has the best pizza I've ever tasted. Hands down. Apparently it's something to do with local water used to make the dough.

Thin crust pizza gal all the way here.

Weighing in on deep dish - had it for the first time reccently in San Fran (with some guys from Chicago) and was underwhelmed. Seems like a whole calorie bomb for not much extra enjoyment

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

oh hell no on Olive Garden…!!!!!!!!!!!

They wish they were "an Italian place"

The last time I was at an Olive Garden, they were misspelling "Caesar". That place is about as Italian as a yak in an igloo....

That neapolitan pizza upstream though....yeah, now there's a little bit of heaven.
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Im not gonna lie...I did enjoy my free meal at Olive Garden for Veterans Day..and it was good, and it was kinda awesome to be surrounded by other vets there with their families too enjoying ourselves... :blush:
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Dragn77 wrote: »
    MrM27 wrote: »
    The important thing to learn is don't listen to anywhere Boston people tell you is good pizza. They think they know pizza. They are sadly confused. Let's just lump all of Massachusetts in there.

LMFAO! I hate to say it, but I was SO excited the first time I went to Boston, and went to eat at the original Uno's. I took one bite, and felt horrible as I had to tell my boss I didnt want anymore. We were on a business trip there, and he doesnt even eat pizza, but came along with me cause I was so excited that he wanted to see what the fuss was about. It tasted like I bit into a very thick wet breadstick..just all...gooey bread. Not appetizing.

We ended up at a Thai restaurant that was pretty amazing =D

ETA - Wait..I think Im thinking of Chicago. Only place I went to in Boston was Cheers. The drinks there suck btw. That is all. LoL

Uno has always been a disappointment to me - there are many better deep dish in Chicago. I am a big fan of Lou Malnati's so if you ever come back here I would say to try that one. Not like wet gooey bread at all (I totally know what you mean about that with Uno and I totally agree).

Although Pequods is my favorite, I agree that Lou Malnati's is great. They also deliver.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

There are still Home Run Inns around here. I've never actually been to one, though.

My favorite pizza (that I rarely have, because millions of calories): http://pequodspizza.com/

Have you ever been to Art of Pizza? It's on Ashland and...just north of Wellington. Absolute best pan pizza in the city. The crust is amazing. But I'm totally down with the thin crust personal pizzas from Pequods.

So. Necessary.

Hmm. It's been recommended to me a bunch of times and I've never gone, even though I actually live really close. I may have to make that my next pizza.
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    It's "fast" because it's premade with low quality ingredients and you buy it and eat it quickly.
  • giannigreco83
    Options
    Swiftlet66 wrote: »
    It's "fast" because it's premade with low quality ingredients and you buy it and eat it quickly.

Domino's customer I assume ?

• Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Dragn77 wrote: »

Here I'll let you make my arguement for me Mr. Florida. When was the last time you heard of a Pizzeria from down there getting water shipped from NYC? Now, when the last time you heard them doing that from Boston?

LoL! Actually, I havnt heard of a place that does that for pizza..maybe its recent. But a bit back, like maybe 3 years ago, a place called Brooklyn Water Bagel or something like that, opened up in South Beach. Its closed now. I never went there, but had friends who went and said it wasnt all that special.

Bagels are a huge deal down here...huge Jewish population, and all I ever heard from my ex-bf was how all he wanted was a decent bowl of matzo ball soup or a decent bagel etc..and we were always going to different delis to try them out. That bagel place was only 2 blocks from where he lived, and he was annoyed he traveled that far LoL!

Im telling you, if a bagel place cant make it in Miami Beach, Iiii dont know! BUT I will say this much...its true, the pizza, and the bagels as well...never have I had it it tastier than in NYC. Theres just something about it. Apparently not the water though! Who knows!

This might have something to do with that place closing.
    http://mobile.nytimes.com/blogs/cityroom/2010/10/25/a-florida-battle-over-brooklynized-water/

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/The-Secret-to-New-York-Pizza-and-BagelsH20-102317929.html

http://tampa.cbslocal.com/2013/07/01/best-authentic-new-york-style-pizza-in-tampa-bay/

http://www.tampabay.com/features/food/restaurants/eddie-amp-sams-new-york-pizza-is-authentic-right-down-to-water-from-the/1143550

Interesting... I don't know though, regardless, they still have a lot of locations open around Florida, lots more popping up too. Miami Beach seems to be the only one to have closed down.

Looks like it opened up here May '11, and closed Aug '12...so it lasted barely over a year. But Miami Beach is a tough crowd...very tough. I really didn't hear a single good thing about it and so never tried it out for myself.