Options

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    I decided to check wiki. It has ruled:
    Pizza is a common fast food category in the United States, with nationwide chains including Papa John's, Domino's Pizza, Sbarro and Pizza Hut. It trails only the burger industry in supplying children's fast food calories. Menus are more limited and standardized than in traditional pizzerias, and pizza delivery is offered.

So if we go with the judgment of wiki, it depends.

Hell, I posted an Oxford Definition that said that basically said "it depends" on page 2. That's too easy though and people like to banter.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    I decided to check wiki. It has ruled:
    Pizza is a common fast food category in the United States, with nationwide chains including Papa John's, Domino's Pizza, Sbarro and Pizza Hut. It trails only the burger industry in supplying children's fast food calories. Menus are more limited and standardized than in traditional pizzerias, and pizza delivery is offered.

So if we go with the judgment of wiki, it depends.

Google says: a dish of Italian origin consisting of a flat, round base of dough baked with a topping of tomato sauce and cheese, typically with added meat or vegetables.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Hornsby wrote: »
    I am still waiting on the "athlete diet"....

I've been to dinner with plenty of athletes, their diet is pretty consistent with anyone elses. (I know you know that, but it's funny when someone plays that card)

I know a certain endurance athlete on these forums who eats a bunch of stuff that people would say "athletes" do not eat...but he does....

Only the people who don't know much about being an athlete ;)
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    runner475 wrote: »
    Yes Pizza is a fast food.

so you can get a pizza made from scratch in five minutes where you are?

YEAH @ Pilot on Interstate.

something tells me that is not made from scratch ...

its frozen pizza under a lamp.

^^ that is pizza that is fast food

otherwise, there's some pizza that's nicer than other pizza. pizza hut e.g. is like a grease bomb
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    tomatoey wrote: »

otherwise, there's some pizza that's nicer than other pizza. pizza hut e.g. is like a grease bomb

well even dominos and pizza hut put it an oven and cook it..

my guess is that pilot is microwaving a frozen pizza, putting it under a lamp, and selling it be the slice...
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    BTW if you have intentions to try to bait me or harass me by quoting my comments any further , I highly recommend - don't.

be7f165e91faf2e26c8db4b4b877992e9bb41863268017403d1e0615cf6856f4.jpg

;)

I'm not any different IRL either.

If I feel someone is playing games I kinda let them know (it's usually a nice polite warning)
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    tomatoey wrote: »

well even dominos and pizza hut put it an oven and cook it..

my guess is that pilot is microwaving a frozen pizza, putting it under a lamp, and selling it be the slice...

i dunno, yeah you're right, probably just intuitively i'd call pizza hut, dominoes etc fast food. convenience food, for sure. that thing you described has to be stretching the definition of pizza, nasty nasty nasty
  • runner475
    Options

You will have to come on a date with me for that explanation. No not something I can share in public. ;)

That's my final deal. Take it.

I will pass....

but thanks for the offer...

Awwww!!! Forget about athlete question. It was part of the deal.
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options

I've been to dinner with plenty of athletes, their diet is pretty consistent with anyone elses. (I know you know that, but it's funny when someone plays that card)

I know a certain endurance athlete on these forums who eats a bunch of stuff that people would say "athletes" do not eat...but he does....

You should see the threads on the dedicated triathlon forums (not MFP). There are plenty of "how the hell do I get enough calories for all this?"

The answer inevitably is stuff like "drink beer", "eat peanut butter and nutella from the jar", etc.
  • ndj1979
    Options

You will have to come on a date with me for that explanation. No not something I can share in public. ;)

I will pass....

I think I will survive...

something tells me it is going to be a dissertation on clean eating and that would just bore me....
  • ndj1979
    Options
    glevinso wrote: »

You should see the threads on the dedicated triathlon forums (not MFP). There are plenty of "how the hell do I get enough calories for all this?"

The answer inevitably is stuff like "drink beer", "eat peanut butter and nutella from the jar", etc.

LOL you run into the same thing on the bulking forums...
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    However, the food was/is high sodium/calorie, and convenient. So some see that as fast food.

Like so many on this site, this thread has been an eye-opener for me. I had no idea so many people judged "fast food" based on nutritional content. I'd always thought it had to do with speed.

I have come to that place in my life where I judge food based on
    1) Fuel + Hunger
    2) Nutrition + Hunger
    3) Taste + Hunger

I consider myself an athlete and I eat like one.

Sorry but I have to get going so if you respond to me and if you don't hear back for sometime that would be because I've gone offline. It's going to be crazy busy weekend. Spring Fever and the never ending to do list ;)

So then, wouldn't you really not think about fast food? You would judge food based on your personal ranking system, so why even bother considering if pizza is fast food or not since you don't care about the speed in which it was created?

Is that your definition about fast food.?
    Because it ain't mine.
    End of conversation with you.
    BTW if you have intentions to try to bait me or harass me by quoting my comments any further , I highly recommend - don't.
    Of all the responses you got in this thread (and others), you flip out on me? Ok...
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options

We have found a recipe for Nutella cheesecake. My MIL is making for my husband and I after a half this Sunday. Neither of us are seriously athletic runners, but I'm in it to live a little.

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    snikkins wrote: »

We have found a recipe for Nutella cheesecake. My MIL is making for my husband and I after a half this Sunday. Neither of us are seriously athletic runners, but I'm in it to live a little.

Someone had a diary that they posted where they had the red robin mile high mud pie yesterday, and it looks very similar (although much larger) to a recipe that my mom made with coffee and chocolate ice cream, crushed macaroons, toffee pieces, and chocolate sauce. Now I really want to make some diana torte...
  • runner475
    Options

I will pass....

I think I will survive...

something tells me it is going to be a dissertation on clean eating and that would just bore me....

Clean eating conversation with me ... .... blech it bores me too. YEAH!!! I wash my food before eating and that's pretty much my definition of how I eat clean food. But no I never enter those threads. You'll never see me in them unless there are cat gifs.
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    Heck no it's not. Now if you go to Little Caesars and grab their Hot n Ready, then yeah, that *kitten* is fast food.
  • midpath
    midpath Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    No. Pizza doesn't have a classification because it's literally from the heavens.
  • Pupslice
    Pupslice Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    BEERRUNNER wrote: »
    Theres no beating Chicago Pizza!

I've never eaten Chicago pizza but I am a big fan of their cheese-tomato-and-sausage casseroles!
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    why does it matter?

are you trying to label it as bad, because fast food?

o there is that word "bad" forty lashes for you....

• urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Pizza is one of my most favorite meals.