Is Pizza Fast Food?

Replies

• VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,959 Member
    I consider pizza as fast food. Though I suppose I have no justification for that. You know yes I do. It's because I don't get my pizza from places you can go sit down in nor did I make it. Since I never order pizza at a sit down restaurant. And I rarely sit for long in a McD's or what have you. It's a loose justification, but it's there. That being said... it kind of even depends on what kind of pizza. Cheese pizza is fast food. Margherita pizza isn't. Pep is. Chicken and spinach isn't. Weird. What's up with my brain.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Troutsy wrote: »
    GTAFrank wrote: »
    I'm just going to leave this here...

pizza.jpg

might_need_invader_zim.gif

I'm totally getting pizza for dinner tonight now

Pizza would be delicious right about now!! LOL!!

Is it me or do these kinds of topics make others crave what they're asking about? Like last week, with that hamburger thread that was around, I think a lot of people ate burgers for that reason. :laugh: Now... pizza!! :blush:

I totally had hamburgers after the hamburger thread! Was supposed to make pork chops tonight....buuuuuut I'm thinking pizza now. Just waiting for the boyfriend to get home so we can order. :)

I had a whole pizza on sunday ...that was the bomb!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    kmccann357 wrote: »
    Pizza is....

amazing, i've not had any for 50 days and it's killing me.

omg WHY??

i'd have to have 12 inches..

I can go in halvsies....oh wait.

• amor3219
    amor3219 Posts: 20 Member
    If you are craving fast food Taco bell has a protein bowl low cal and very filling! Makes me feel like I'm still getting my bad food fix without all of the crap!
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    ndj1979 wrote: »

pizza.jpg

Is it me or do these kinds of topics make others crave what they're asking about? Like last week, with that hamburger thread that was around, I think a lot of people ate burgers for that reason. :laugh: Now... pizza!! :blush:

I totally had hamburgers after the hamburger thread! Was supposed to make pork chops tonight....buuuuuut I'm thinking pizza now. Just waiting for the boyfriend to get home so we can order. :)

I don't think I'd be able to eat a whole pizza haha I would make a valiant effort though!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    amor3219 wrote: »
    If you are craving fast food Taco bell has a protein bowl low cal and very filling! Makes me feel like I'm still getting my bad food fix without all of the crap!

Um, pizza thread?
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    herrspoons wrote: »
    We were in Naples in 2008. The pizza there was godly - a totally different class.

See, I gotta get excited about this stuff, too. Love me some American, especially deep-dish, Chicago-style (Zachary's in Oakland, anyone?); however, traditional pizza can be amazing. Flatbread-style crust with olive oil, garlic and fig jam, topped with prosciutto that winds up all crispy and fresh arugula? HELL YES!

I am more of a thin crust guy myself....
    Hump.gif
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    herrspoons wrote: »
    We were in Naples in 2008. The pizza there was godly - a totally different class.

See, I gotta get excited about this stuff, too. Love me some American, especially deep-dish, Chicago-style (Zachary's in Oakland, anyone?); however, traditional pizza can be amazing. Flatbread-style crust with olive oil, garlic and fig jam, topped with prosciutto that winds up all crispy and fresh arugula? HELL YES!
    Prosciutto arugula is my fav, sprinkled with some fresh squeezed lemon juice!
  • ndj1979

did you miss the five plus pages about pizza???
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    I consider pizza as fast food. Though I suppose I have no justification for that. You know yes I do. It's because I don't get my pizza from places you can go sit down in nor did I make it. Since I never order pizza at a sit down restaurant. And I rarely sit for long in a McD's or what have you. It's a loose justification, but it's there. That being said... it kind of even depends on what kind of pizza. Cheese pizza is fast food. Margherita pizza isn't. Pep is. Chicken and spinach isn't. Weird. What's up with my brain.

So the toppings make it fast food?
  • kmccann357
    kmccann357 Posts: 91 Member
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Pizza is....

amazing, i've not had any for 50 days and it's killing me.

omg WHY??

i'd have to have 12 inches..

I can go in halvsies....oh wait.

:p
  • Azexas

Pizza thread? Were you maybe looking for this thread?

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10108304/support-for-fast-food-addicts#latest
  • ndj1979

pizza.jpg

I don't think I'd be able to eat a whole pizza haha I would make a valiant effort though!

oh, I destroyed it...1400 calories of heaven
  • serenity1097
    serenity1097 Posts: 135 Member
    I don't even eat pizza (lactose intolerant, can't stomach the cheese most of the time) but even I now want pizza for dinner!!! Sounds much better than the grilled chicken & spinach I have waiting for me at home...
  • Azexas

pizza.jpg

Only 1400? that would fit my calories..... and leave me room for some Peeps.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member

pizza.jpg

Why not both?

20100402-peepza-opener.jpg
  • Azexas
    auddii wrote: »

pizza.jpg

Why not both?

why the heck not!

tumblr_mkws36UgVu1ry10fwo1_400.gif
  • ndj1979

pizza.jpg

yup ..homemade...chicken, feta, pineapple on thin crust
  • ndj1979
    auddii wrote: »

pizza.jpg

Why not both?

*barf*
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member

pizza.jpg

DAM... that's pretty much my whole day's worth of cals... LMAO!! I was never able to eat a whole pizza... well, unless it was a small. :laugh: