Beware Easter will be hear sooner than you think!

Options

Replies

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Don't the eggs even come with a warning inside them typed out in multiple languages?
  • kodji67
    kodji67 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    It's kinda funny which items get demonized and banned in different places. Americans aren't allowed Kinder eggs anymore, and Canadians can't buy walkers. It's a miracle any of us survived to adulthood.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    The flexible dieting Easter Bunny came early...

hkgl2qmvzk5j.jpg
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »

hkgl2qmvzk5j.jpg

I'll be right over.

• Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Banning kinder surprise to me seems really demeaning to the parents and children.

Are they not labeled as 3 years and older or something like that?

Kinder surprise should be like a life lesson, don't put entire eggs in your mouth at once, you are not a swan.

How do kids survive to adult hood if they can't handle a kinder surprise? Do they have a personal crossing guard that follows them around so they don't have to look both ways before crossing a street?
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    My food allergies make Cadbury Cream Eggs off limits. I find all other Easter candy yucky. I work in hot cross buns and some sort of festive dessert into my calories, enjoy for a day, then get on with life - just like Christmas and Thanksgiving.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »
    Banning kinder surprise to me seems really demeaning to the parents and children.

Kinder surprise should be like a life lesson, don't put entire eggs in your mouth at once, you are not a swan.

How do kids survive to adult hood if they can't handle a kinder surprise? Do they have a personal crossing guard that follows them around so they don't have to look both ways before crossing a street?

Yeah that confounds me as well. The have easy access to guns :confounded: but cant manage a kinder surprise :open_mouth: :

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    The Founders neglected to cover Kinder Surprises in the Constitution, sadly. I blame James Madison.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    Easter Sunday isn't the tempting time for me. It's the after-holiday candy sales. I will stock up - straight milk chocolate. No Cadbury, no jelly beans, no Peeps. Just milk chocolate and lots of it!
  • LAWoman72
    Options

I generally don't like to criticize other parents because we all mess up on various things, and it feels really bad to be criticized as a parent...but...it should also be common sense for a parent NOT to give a combined candy-and-choky-toy to a toddler, say "have at it" and then walk away and let the kid figure it all out.

For older kids, you can SAY to them, "Eat ONLY the candy" and they'll get it.

So...I don't know. I am just scratching my head over this. I'm not downplaying any tragedy that may have occurred, because there's no snark-worthy child-related tragedy, IMO, but...come on.

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    LAWoman72 wrote: »

I generally don't like to criticize other parents because we all mess up on various things, and it feels really bad to be criticized as a parent...but...it should also be common sense for a parent NOT to give a combined candy-and-choky-toy to a toddler, say "have at it" and then walk away and let the kid figure it all out.

For older kids, you can SAY to them, "Eat ONLY the candy" and they'll get it.

So...I don't know. I am just scratching my head over this. I'm not downplaying any tragedy that may have occurred, because there's no snark-worthy child-related tragedy, IMO, but...come on.

Yes exactly!! A bit of common sense is all.....

• LAWoman72
    Options

Yeah that confounds me as well. The have easy access to guns :confounded: but cant manage a kinder surprise :open_mouth: :

Well, that's because nobody has come out with a "You Can Have My Kinder Egg When You Pry It From My Cold Dead Fingers" bumper sticker yet, standing up for the right to bear Kinder Eggs.

Americans will get this association. ;)

• angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »

hkgl2qmvzk5j.jpg

I can help you eat some of that. Especially the ones with the Cadbury Creme Eggs. oh the Smarties as well.

I would say the only thing keeping me from buying Easter candy is the price, but well, I caved today. Paid more for one Cadbury Creme Egg then I normally would.

However, I wish Easter was later then what it was! My church is doing a cantata and I am in the choir. Due to snow storms, we've missed four rehearsals in the last month or so. We are having to have an extra week day practice to try to be ready. We need it!!!

As I lament over that, I just need to avoid the Easter candy aisle in every store I got into. Right now I am doing my best NOT to eat the small little chocolate bunnies I got for my nephews.
  • LeenaGee
    LeenaGee Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I always find chocolate is self limiting as it gives me a massive headache. Love chocolate but always try and buy a really good brand and only have a little bit of it.

Trying to think back to when my kids were little because they had a heap of Kinder surprises. I'm assuming they were over three. :p My memory is mostly of them all over the floor and the pain they caused if you accidently walked on one.
  • xobeckyxo
    Options
    This is hardly a religious discussion so just ignore the holier-than-thous. My entire life my mother gave us a basket full of chocolate as Easter time. I'm not at all religious so I enjoy "Easter" as more of a start of Spring, good weather and flowers celebration. Regardless of your religious affiliation, yes, most people have food as the center of celebrations.
    My opinion is this:
    Only you know what type of will power you have. If your will power sucks make sure the candy is given away or thrown away by the end of the day. Eat some candy that day and save 2 small pieces and trash the rest. (I love candy. It's a big reason I'm on here. :) I only have 4 pounds to lose but it's all cookies and candy. I don't eat chips or lots of pizza or anything like that but I love candy.)

If your family and friends know you're trying to get healthy, why would they give you chocolate? It's not very supportive. Let them know they are hurting your efforts and maybe you can get a gift card or something...or 1 expensive, gourmet chocolate bar instead of all the bunnies and stuff.

I think the best thing to do is have 2 small pieces, keep 2 small pieces, trash/gift the rest. Focus on everything else you love about the holiday and season so you don't get caught up feeling left out with the candy eating.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    World Market sells some Kinder products but there's something about not having a toy inside that makes them not as appealing to me. :disappointed:
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    TL;DR
    *HERE not hear.
  • xobeckyxo
    Options
    You just can't go wrong with the Easter colored peanut butter M&Ms, though. B)
  • kaitlinrt
    kaitlinrt Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My boyfriends family does an Easter celebration with everyone. His mother insists on giving all of her adult children Easter baskets. This means I'll have a basket full of chocolate! I'm hoping this year she only gives me a few things. I'll just enjoy it slowly over a few weeks and/or freeze some for later.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    TL;DR
    *HERE not hear.

Thank you for your valuable contribution. It has given me a lot to think about.