Beware Easter will be hear sooner than you think!

Options
Merkavar
Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
i haven't been watching what I eat long enough to have had to deal with easter.

What do you guys do or suggest I do.

Not sure about everyone else but for me I normally get some small chocolate eggs, a few larger ones and 1-2 rabbit or bilby.

If you celebrate Easter and generally get chocolate do you guys eat it and just go over for a few days, eat a little bit for days or weeks as a treat and stay in your limits or do you give it away or even throw it away and not eat it.

Just curious.

I will probably just eat a little bit and try to stay in the limits.

Replies

• Misshelgeson
    Misshelgeson Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I share my treats with my two children that way I don't eat too much and I do more exercise or cut back on a meal like no mashed potatoes if I want a couple pieces
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Easter, will be a day where I will probably go over and I'm perfectly fine with that. It happened on Thanksgiving and on Christmas. You know what though, I still lost weight, because I didn't let the single day events turn into weeks.
    I will also probably end up with left over chocolate around the house. I won't be avoiding it, I'll just leave room to have a little bit everyday after Easter till it's gone. I also won't object if my husband or oldest son want some (youngest is too young for chocolate..no teeth yet).
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I have Eastern orthodox upbringing so for me Easter has nothing to do with chocolate. It's traditionally rather a protein feast actually - lamb roast, lots of (hand-coloured) boiled eggs :) Yes, it will be high calorie and high fat. Yes, I will thoroughly enjoy it, I plan to eat at maintenance for a couple of days (until we finish the lamb roast).
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Can't wait; it means Korean bbq!
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I don't plan to eat more calories than normal on Easter. Just another day, but with a tasty lamb roast. I may have a Cadbury Creme Egg. That's about it.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,553 Member
    Options
    For me, easter means glorious glorious ham and probably devilled eggs! My kids are all about the candy.
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    most holidays i keep my favorite one or two chocolates then give away or...toss the rest. i ask people to not give me any. well don't always listen! with 4 different gatherings for each holiday not going overboard is a challenge
  • KarenB927
    KarenB927 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    No little kiddies in the house and my granddaughter lives in another state, so I'm saved from the chocolate fest. My husband is partial to lamb, so if I can find a nice small boneless leg of lamb, I'll make that for dinner for the two of us. I would rather go out to an Easter buffet somewhere, but since being diagnosed with celiac disease a couple years ago, a buffet has too high a chance of cross contamination and I can't eat the desserts anyway, so why pay for food I can't eat. I might make a nice gluten free cake or maybe gluten free chocolate chip cheesecake, that way I can freeze it in slices and not get stuck eating it for days on end after Easter. But we will probably go into the next town to the chocolate shop and splurge on a little chocolate. We go maybe twice a year and get a half pound each. Gotta have some good chocolate once or twice a year, right?
  • JordisTSM
    JordisTSM Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Meh. It shouldn't be a drama. Easter should not be an excuse to pig out. I will be doing an egg hunt for my daughter like I do every year, and will get a few cadbury creme eggs for myself. However, I will build one egg a day in to my calories.
  • cosmo_momo
    cosmo_momo Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    My 21st birthday is on Easter Sunday...so needless to say I probably won't log that weekend. (More so bc I'll be distracted, not because I'd be ashamed)
  • go2grrl
    go2grrl Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I eat about an ounce of dark chocolate a day so don't feel the need to stock up at Easter. We do, however, have a tradition of going out for deep dish pizza. Once a year and we're done. Enjoy your holiday!
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    Can't wait for my white chocolate bunny, cross or lamb (whichever I can find)! I leave room each night for chocolate anyway, so there will be room for my Easter chocolate too. ;)
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure that I understand the problem here.

Does your religion mandate the consumption of candy?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    The easter bunny stopped visiting me around 13 years old so...non-issue. I'll eat the same amount of chocolate that day as I do every day.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Why should I beware? I think I only JUST finished my Christmas chocolate, and I still have valentine's day chocolate. Gotta love getting new chocolate stashes, and for all I know my Easter stash will last me like 6 months LOL
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    My kids are grown, and don't have grandkids yet. So I don't have to worry about Easter :smiley:
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

I was wondering the same...
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I'll put together a basket for my daughter. I'm sure she'll take the contents back to college with her, so I'll have nothing here to tempt me.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    We do lamb for Easter as well. However, the Cadbury chocolate eggs have been out for over a month and I have already started to indulge. :smile:
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options

You don't have any traditions that involve the consumption of larger than normal amounts of food?

No large Christmas lunch? No thanksgiving dinner? No birthdays?

Just about every celebration/ tradition that I'm involved with seems to involve food, and normally food that even in small amounts adds up fast and can cause you to go over.

Like Easter, wouldn't take much chocolate on top of lunch to go over for the day.

So I was asking what others do, seems some give away or throw away chocolate while others eat a little.

Sure you could not eat the chocolate, I could also not celebrate Easter at all but where is the fun in that?