Updated pics and success story. 100 lbs lost

Options

Replies

• jharris1378
    jharris1378 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job! I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes about 5 years ago. I have lost 52 pounds over the last year and my A1C is normal now and I am off the one medication I was taking. I am very close to maintenance. I am glad I was diagnosed because now I have a very very important reason to never go back to the way I was eating and not exercising. I would then have to go back on my meds and check my blood everyday. Also it is a progressive disease where the need for stronger and stronger medication occurs as well as organ deterioration.You are not only a great example to your son, but the rest of us as well.
    Thank you sooo much

• jharris1378
    Options
    divamsm wrote: »
    That's so awesome. Congratulations! Your story is more inspiring than you know! I keep waiting for 'that' day to come for me. There have been many times I re-started eating healthy - this time for life! - only to end up back where I was. Thanks!
    Thank you. And just keep moving forward. You'll get there
  • natedoglara
    natedoglara Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    thats awesome, I am just starting. 309 and weighed in at 306 today goal 250. keep up the work.
  • jharris1378
    Options
    thats awesome, I am just starting. 309 and weighed in at 306 today goal 250. keep up the work.
    Thank you. And good luck to you. Remember only you can make yourself do it.

• jules6669mfp
    jules6669mfp Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Great job!! You look so good. Your son is adorable and I bet he notices how much happier and healthier his daddy is. Congratulations on a job well-done
  • jharris1378
    Options
    Great job!! You look so good. Your son is adorable and I bet he notices how much happier and healthier his daddy is. Congratulations on a job well-done
    Thank you so much. Yes he now has trouble keeping up with me.
  • jharris1378
    Options
    zmusic wrote: »
    How did you get your bas back in shape? Did you have to deal with loose skin?
    I didn't give myself a choice. I told myself I had to do it. From that point it was just diet and excercise. Not much of the loose skin but I did a lot of strength training along the way which really helps in that department. Have just a little in the stomach area but I think it will subside in time.
  • Keiisha11
    Keiisha11 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! Wish you good luck for the extra 20 pounds :)
  • jharris1378
    Options
    Keiisha11 wrote: »
    Amazing!! Wish you good luck for the extra 20 pounds :)

Thank you so much
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    you look way healthy ...great job on the transformation!
  • jharris1378
    Options
    you look way healthy ...great job on the transformation!
    thank so much
  • karen0214
    karen0214 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Super job! You have done amazingly well. You look great and I'm sure you are feeling much better. And, great job on being a super dad to your son.
  • jharris1378
    Options
    karen0214 wrote: »
    Super job! You have done amazingly well. You look great and I'm sure you are feeling much better. And, great job on being a super dad to your son.
    Thank you so much
  • Acacia2India
    Acacia2India Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Commendable! Your strength is admirable and inspiring. Congratulations on all your hard work!
  • cds_momto3
    cds_momto3 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Great job!! 100 pounds is an awesome feat!
  • jharris1378
    Options
    Commendable! Your strength is admirable and inspiring. Congratulations on all your hard work!
    Thank you so much

• jharris1378
    Options
    cds_momto3 wrote: »
    Great job!! 100 pounds is an awesome feat!
    Thank you so much
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the changes you've made
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!