Do you eat your own birthday cake?!

Options

Replies

• Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Don't be silly....life happens, so yes...you should eat some of your own birthday cake (or wedding cake)....just don't eat the WHOLE cake :laugh:
  • GnomeLove
    GnomeLove Posts: 379
    Options
    **** YEAH!!
  • WifeofPJ
    WifeofPJ Posts: 312
    Options
    It's my birthday today, and my isster's tomorrow, so my whole family is getting together at a restaurant for dinner. It's authentic indian food, so fatty, creamy deliciousness is inevitable. My only plan for tracking that is to "not eat after I'm not hungry"... on that same level, should i have my cake and eat it too?

It's one day / year, i almost always turn down cake or eat 1/2 a piece. (I'm a mini blizzard kind of person - portion control)
    But it's my birthday. If there is cake to be had, i should have it, no|?

What about other monumental days like your wedding, anniversary, etc.

happy Birthday! It's your birthday don't wory about calories or fat or carbs or anything. It's one day if you can't enjoy your birthday then watching calories/fat/carbs whatever has become an obsesive habbit and that's not a good place to be. After your birthday dinner get back at it and don't let it be a down slide for you.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    how can this even be a question?
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I eat birthday cake - mine, my friends', my family's, any random person that offers me some of their birthday cake.
    In fact, I'll eat just about any cake offered to me. :laugh:

Sad, but true. (to be fair, I always find a way to make it fit within my macros)
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I'll eat your birthday cake!

That sounds wrong.

...how YOU doin? :laugh:
  • casmithis
    casmithis Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY.
    I'm not a fan of cake (gluten free and lactose free so it's a killer for me... literally) but my birthday's on the 17th and I assure you I will be indulging in an extra glass of wine or 2!!

Enjoy yur day and your cake, you've earned it!!!
  • nicolen160
    nicolen160 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    oh eat your cake hunny, and happy birthday to you!! Last weekend I had all kinds of cake, granite little pieces but between multiple grad partys and my moms birthday it was abundant. I done well though, I have had almost half a grad cake on my counter since Sunday and have only had a tiny piece on Tuesday! I am hoping my family finally makes it disappear soon!
  • Cheeky_0102
    Cheeky_0102 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    not eating cake every time it's offered is something healthy people do
    not eating cake on your birthday is something people with eating disorders do

I like this thinking.

I really just made this post to attention *kitten* some happy birthdays.Thanks for the attention!

I remember when i was on WW, someone talked about mindlessly tossing a dessert in their mouth then spitting it in the garbage because they realized they didn't mean to eat it, and didn't want to log the points. Everyone applauded her for overcoming the dessert tray. That's when i quit ww...
  • abeautifulwifey
    Options
    Of course! (Well, I don't like cake, so I eat my birthday cookie or whatever.) Just eat a small piece, and watch your portions at other meals. If you go a little over.... oh well! It's your birthday, it's ok to indulge SLIGHTLY.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Hell yeah. Although I have a summer birthday and have watermelon w/ candles instead because I prefer it!

I do eat cake, ice cream, cookies, etc. at every 'celebration' that I go to. I just make sure I exercise a bit more that day, eat smaller portions of the meals I eat beforehand, I don't eat a HUGE piece of whatever and I don't go back for seconds.

You have to live your life. A 'diet' will ruin the fun of eating! Enjoy!
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I eat the entire cake.

Not even lying.

In a period of a couple days, I will put away an entire chocolate sheet cake.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    for whatever reason, my mind went to a really, really dirty place :)
  • Zombella
    Zombella Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    My birthday was yesterday and yes I had a piece of cake.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    i DO eat my cake....and if you're not fast enough, i will eat yours too!

NOM! you snooze, you loose (<
    lol)
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    First off, Happy Birthday :)

My birthday is next month. I haven't been eating any sweets for awhile now. I am thinking that I will get mini cupcakes and have 1. Lot less calories and I won't feel guilty! No ice cream for me either! I just don't want it anymore.

Hope you have a great day!
  • Rhonda21km
    Rhonda21km Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I don't like cake - so it's not a temptation for me.
  • heidiberr
    heidiberr Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    One day of splurging isn't going to undo every other day you are on track. Do you plan on never eating birthday cake again? Moderation + sustainable habits are the key. It takes 3500 calories OVER maintenance to gain a true pound--one piece of cake isn't going to do that (Unless your one piece is the whole thing ;) )
  • skinnylikekitkat
    Options
    A birthday is a day you should do nice things for yourself. People give you presents so you should give yourself a present too. There is a choice of 2 presents and you should choose the one you want most: sexy, attractive body or cake and a fat body
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    it's your birthday...as someone said...

healthy people just don't eat all the cake all the time...

unhealthy people create food restrictions and or have a lack of food sensibility...

I would totally eat the cake....well not the WHOLE thing....but a piece...

I will be honest....there have been years when I didn't eat the cake....but it was because I was having such a great time that the cake was gone by the time I remembered to grab a piece!!!

that should the ONLY time you don't eat the birthday cake!