Do you eat your own birthday cake?!

Options

Replies

• SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    It's my cake, I get AT LEAST half of it myself.
  • DanaHerro
    DanaHerro Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    not eating cake every time it's offered is something healthy people do
    not eating cake on your birthday is something people with eating disorders do

THIS says it all right here.
    It's your BIRTHDAY. Eat the ****ing cake and don't track a thing :)
    It's what normal people do - and then they go back to eating healthily the next day :)
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    If you think of this as a lifestyle and not a diet, then HELLS YEAH you should eat cake on your birthday. You work healthy decisions into your life. I'm not a fan of inventing reasons to celebrate something just to "pig out"...but for a legitimate celebration like the ones you mentioned, then yes, enjoy life and eat some cake. ESPECIALLY if you stop eating the dinner when you start feeling satisfied.
  • rumplesnat
    rumplesnat Posts: 372
    Options
    Yep, and I'd eat a leftover slice tomorrow, too!
  • sorcha1977
    sorcha1977 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Mmm... cake...

Don't skip it on your birthday, or at a wedding, etc. It's a special day, not every day.

If you're worried about stuffing yourself, just eat lightly at dinner and then have all the cake you want. Don't even worry about it. Chances are, you'll still come under or close to your maintenance calorie range.

Happy birthday!
  • Tigg1011
    Tigg1011 Posts: 146
    Options
    Is this a serious question?! HELL YEAH! u have one birthday once a yr, eat ur cake and enjoy it! also doesnt help that i absolutely lovee cake lol
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Yep and if the others are lucky there might be some left for them. :tongue: Happy birthday! If you want cake have some, if not, no biggie!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I have treats pretty often but just try to fit it all into my weekly goal :smile: I'm like you and would much rather have icecream than cake so I'd do small piece.
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    It's my cake, I get AT LEAST half of it myself.

I like you!

Yep! My birthday is in 13 days and there will be cake! and a fancy, smancy dinner too. It's a lifestyle, not a diet. It's okay to have treats in moderation!
  • Ashshell
    Ashshell Posts: 185
    Options
    I eat cake even when it isn't my birthday! If you want cake, eat cake.
  • NJL13500
    NJL13500 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I always indulge for special occasions. I plan ahead and factor it into my week. I exercise a bit more and make sure I'm still on track for the whole week. You don't want to feel deprived if you are making a lifestyle change. Enjoy and happy birthday!
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Definately. A small piece won't hurt.
  • JewelE77
    JewelE77 Posts: 134 Member
    Options

I absolutely LOVE this way of thinking/looking at it! :flowerforyou:
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday!

By all means enjoy a piece of cake (guilt free) - managing your weight does not mean completely depriving yourself of things you enjoy, especially at once-a-year occasions like your birthday.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    not only do i eat my own birthday cake, i eat every one elses also!
  • hpynh2o
    hpynh2o Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Of course!

But I no longer have several pieces. ;)
  • sigalsirkin
    sigalsirkin Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Yes, I always do. It is your birthday,enjoy the cake, just don't over indulge.
  • Naywifey07
    Naywifey07 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Of course... What is a birthday without having a birthday cake!! ................ Well enjoy and Happy Birthday!!!
  • MommaKit79
    MommaKit79 Posts: 852
    Options
    ENJOY IT!!! If you really want to, try to fit it into your calories or do an extra workout but, I say ENJOY YOUR CAKE!!! It isn't like it is everyday! If you deprive yourself too much, you'll cave! :-)
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options

That is pushing it. Some people can't eat sweets for health reasons, and others don't like cake or sweets in general. So please don't accuse people of having ED, just because they don't lie to eat the way you do. End of rant.

OP: Happy Birthday to you, enjoy your day and the celebcration!