Do you eat your own birthday cake?!

Options

Replies

• ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I made AND ate my birthday cake last week. There's still some in the fridge.

I should have some for lunch.

Basically. YES.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Eat the entire freakin' cake if you want. Ok, maybe share a little.
    It's once a year. Unless you're finding events to celebrate with food every other week, it just isn't something to sweat.
  • MMulder68
    MMulder68 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Last year I didn't as I was trying so hard to be good and I think I needed to break from typical things I would do. But this year, I know myself better and I will have a piece of my cake, in fact I had two pieces (not on the same day) of my husbands birthday cake last weekend, and it was wonderful! One or two splurges is not going to derail your progress. Life is about living and having fun, so it is ok to treat yourself. Enjoy!

so agree!!!
  • redwingsfan6712
    redwingsfan6712 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday and yes, have a bit of your own cake. Life's too short to miss out on the occasional treat!
  • skinnylynnie74
    skinnylynnie74 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! Mine is Monday and you better believe I'm having cake! Or actually, Jeni's ice cream, which is heavenly and sinful, all at once. Enjoy in a controlled manner, plan for it, and be grateful you are around to have a birthday and use your taste buds! Some people aren't so fortunate...
  • HappyElizabeth
    HappyElizabeth Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Eat your birthday cake and enjoy every bite!
  • autumny70
    autumny70 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday, birthday people!

This year for my birthday I asked my mama to make me one of her carrot cakes (seriously, full fat, like a cup of oil, 6 eggs, cream cheese and god knows what else) for my birthday. I knew I was starting to get serious about getting healthier, losing weight, and I also knew that couldn't happen until ALL of the cake was gone.

It was delicious. Next year I'll probably have something a little lighter LOL.
  • smiley245
    smiley245 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    heck yes I would eat my own birthday cake! Mine was cheesecake :) had some the day after too!

Its your birthday, if you feel like having a piece of cake I say go for it, enjoy it even if its just a small piece

as for other special events, I might have cake, or not depends if it was worth it to me (Chocolate cake + worth it. Carrot cake = not worth it!!)

Happy Birthday!!!:drinker:
  • polarsjewel
    polarsjewel Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    If you don't eat your birthday cake, I would be more than happy to take it off your hands! But, there can't be any nuts!

Happy Birthday :flowerforyou:
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    It's my birthday tomorrow, too, so happy birthday to us! I doubt I will have an actual birthday cake as we're going to be away from home for the weekend, but I will definitely be having dessert!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,272 Member
    Options
    The healthiest people I have known still eat cake. They don't have "good" foods and "bad" foods. They have the stuff they eat on a daily basis and then they have treats. They believe in moderation and enjoying life to the fullest.

A piece of cake will not make you gain weight. You might go over your daily calories for that day, but you will still have a weekly deficit. It won't make it impossible to lose.

So enjoy your birthday and enjoy your cake. Bring me a piece!
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    My birthday is not until December. I have lost 50 pounds (and have 50 more to go) and by December I hope to only have 15 pounds to go and if I reach that mini goal (or close to it), then yes, I'm going to eat birthday cake and icecream in moderation that day. I haven't eaten sweets since my last birthday so it might make me throw up from the sugar...hmmm...if it does, do I have to count the calories then?:laugh:

We have birthdays here at work all year with cake and icecream and I say nope when they ask if I want any...but when it's my birthday, oh yes, I will have some!
  • JDBLY11
    JDBLY11 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    You should eat the cake. It is your birthday and only one day a year. It is okay to relax on your program every once in a while.

Happy Birthday!
  • Bethie_J
    Bethie_J Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday!

Not only do I eat my birthday cake, but I eat everyone else's cake too.
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I eat my wife's cake...and that's all i have to say about that...hehehe
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    We have a baby shower at work today and i'm eating cake and cupcakes as an app
  • JDBLY11
    Options
    I always get cheesecake instead of cake and heck yeah I'll be eating it :)

I think I will be doing that for my next birthday. I love cheesecake.
  • JDBLY11
    Options
    I eat cake when it's not even my birthday. I live on the edge.

So funny. :)
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    Hell to the YES!!! why wouldn't you get you some cake???? why??? I LOVE CAKE!!!! I WANT YOUR CAKE!!

but, seriously, why wouldn't you have some cake. Don't let anyone take your cake away from you.

tumblr_mnxk00nZFB1ssh8zco1_400.gif
  • Derpina7
    Derpina7 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    It's your birthday - EAT ALL THE CAKES!!! :drinker: