Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Sarauk2sf wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Im addicted to sugar so I avoid anything with added sugar in it. I eat fruits but cereal, granola bars, & a lit of breads I dont eat. And if I do, it'll be on a cheat day. I know my body well and if I have sugar I might overdo it and have too much.

*sigh* …

so you treat your sugar addiction with more sugar? Does that mean crack heads can treat their addiction with more cocaine????????
    They're only addicted to added cocaine. Naturally-occurring cocaine is totally fine.

rigggggghhhhhhhhhhht …because cocaine from a plant = good…crack = cooked so bad?

Actually, I believe that most cocaine nowadays is artificially produced. Something to do with burning all the poppy fields creating a shortage.

But I could be talking crapola as its something I remember hearing/reading.

I don't think that's accurate. The Mexican government has been cracking down but the smugglers still get it and also from other countries. Also, poppy is the source of heroin not cocaine.

What you mean is...yes Sara, you are talking crapola lol
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Im addicted to sugar so I avoid anything with added sugar in it. I eat fruits but cereal, granola bars, & a lit of breads I dont eat. And if I do, it'll be on a cheat day. I know my body well and if I have sugar I might overdo it and have too much.

*sigh* …

so you treat your sugar addiction with more sugar? Does that mean crack heads can treat their addiction with more cocaine????????
    They're only addicted to added cocaine. Naturally-occurring cocaine is totally fine.

rigggggghhhhhhhhhhht …because cocaine from a plant = good…crack = cooked so bad?

Actually, I believe that most cocaine nowadays is artificially produced. Something to do with burning all the poppy fields creating a shortage.

I don't think that's accurate. The Mexican government has been cracking down but the smugglers still get it and also from other countries. Also, poppy is the source of heroin not cocaine.

is that the real reason you are locked up???
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options

*sigh* …

Cocaine is from coca.

inb4 cocaine = sugar because Coca-Cola.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Yet the pro-sugar folks seem to refuse those recommendations, also as parents...

I thought I was in the "pro sugar" camp, whatever that means, and I think the WHO recommendations are reasonable. I just think the reasoning behind them should be understood, and it often seems not to be.

I don't think you can generalize about "parents" as a group.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Mitzimum wrote: »

So honey would have the same issue then.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

*sigh* …

I knew I had read it somewhere - kinda got some of the facts wrong lol (that will teach me for posting without checking). It was bothering me so I looked it up.

Its was an opiate shortage for pain relief e.g morphine.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

*sigh* …

MrM27 - 1
    Sarauk2sf - 2,324,987

At least I'm on the board.

*sigh* …

Well played sir

LMAO. :smiley:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

*sigh* …

MrM27 - 1
    Sarauk2sf - 2,324,987

At least I'm on the board.

*sigh* …

Well played sir

LOL
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

*sigh* …

I believe heroin is one of the major exports from Afghanistan actually.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    4000 / 10 = 400. Did you do the macros as 1/10th or 1/20th?
    Ooops. There's a reason I did not go in to accounting. My mistake, as the recipe decided the torte fed two. I divided that number (2002) instead.

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Hasn't this thread taken an interesting turn... At least we all are more aware where the coke and Heroin comes from, and also their manufacturing process :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::+1:
  • Gianfranco_R
    Gianfranco_R Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    I thought I was in the "pro sugar" camp,
    Well probably this is the problem with these forums: the idea that people have to be divided in different "camps", and fight.

• Sarauk2sf
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Well probably this is the problem with these forums: the idea that people have to be divided in different "camps", and fight.

But weren't you the one to mention the 'pro sugar folks' in the first place, along with some comment about parents, or did I miss someone else bring it up first?
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    snikkins wrote: »
    jgnatca wrote: »
    @Gianfranco_R , I can live with your befuddlement.
    @Need2Exerc1se , have you heard of the Free Range Kids movement?

I just heard about the Free Range Kids movement from the perspective of parents in Maryland who had the cops called on them and now have "unsubstantiated" neglect on their records for letting their children walk to the park. This apparently happened due to a neighbor calling the police instead of talking to them about their kids walking to the park. It's a bizarre thing, for sure.

As for physical activities, kids definitely get less of it now. I substitute teach a few times a week and have repeatedly heard kids say that they never get PE unless there's a sub. At least in the district I'm in, the kids get a recess and lunch recess, so it's not like they don't have anything at all, but clearly it isn't enough.

My son is nearly 6 and they do PE twice a week at school. He also does a football (soccer) club after school once a week. In September, when his sister starts school, I'm going to take them both to swimming lessons too. We walk everywhere too...my husband doesn't even have a driving licence....but that's not rare in England. I just use my car for work and getting to the gym.

I'm a secondary school teacher and kids do PE twice a week, or more if they chose it for a GCSE option. (GCSEs are exams taken at age 16 which they study for in years 10 and 11).
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options

*sigh* …

You weren't far off, there's been a huge increase in synthetic cocaine analogues. It's moving from the field to the lab, quickly.
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »
    In our neighborhood you would think it was a retirement community, you hardly ever see children outside playing and their probably 20+ children living in our subdivision.

I've noticed the opposite in mine. It seems like very recently my street has become infested with little kids. They are all out playing when I get home from work. It's a slow cautious drive the last hundred yards. Especially sweet is that there's a grandpa out there playing with them as often as not.

I was begining to think that things had turned back around and that kids were wanting to play outside again (and that parents were allowing it) but from reading other posts here, I guess that's not the case.

I notice there are a lot less children out than there used to be. Theres one family in my neighborhood that allows their kids to play outside (or whose kids want to play outside). They ride bikes and scooters around the block without a parent. I'm guessing ages 7-10. I didn't even know there were many kids until I was home one day before school was out.

I live in a pretty safe community. There aren't any more crimes going on now compared to when I was out riding my bike everywhere and exploring the woods with my friends until the street lights came on.

My toddler wants to be outside all the time. She loves it more than anything. I'm glad. Her father and I are very outdoorsy people.

Also..boy scouts near me are doing far less than they used to. My SO and was involved with his old pack a few years ago (he did environmental, outdoor, and science badges with them) but stopped because no one wanted to do anything. The kids didn't want to camp, go on bike trips, etc.. They just weren't interested.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

You brought it up, not me.

That's actually one reason I dislike the "clean eating" thing so much. It seems to me that in reality people who eat "clean" and those who don't eat pretty much the same, but some like to use the label and to call their various deviations from whatever rules they adopt as cheats. Using the label seems to be mainly a way to divide the forum into "us" and "them"--as is the frequent, false, and offensive claim that those who don't self identify as "clean" must not care about nutrition or eat Twinkies only.

It especially makes no sense when it comes to sharing recipes. Why would my recipes or ideas about dinner be worthless just because I have nothing against Quest bars or ice cream? They don't make it into my dinner recipes. So weird.