My Husband!.... NOT ATTRACTED TO ME!

Options

Replies

• nuvs
    nuvs Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    first thing first you need to talk to him. Confront him with what you found. Then go about getting help. But the communication needs to start with him not us. We can all give you advice but nothing will change until you talk to him. HE has a problem that is alot bigger than 10 stinking pounds. You need to learn to love you and work on you for you not him. I hope you find the help you need and find the inner beauty that will help you find that outer beauty as well.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    ok, so all the folks saying this is bad, and that this is the lowest of the low...

how many ya'll cheated in the past? #gauntlet #barbarianneedsfoodbadly

On my marriage? NO. I made a vow.
  • amberj32
    amberj32 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I disagree with a cheater always being a cheater. That is definitely NOT true! The cheater just has to not want to cheat, that's all.

In my first message I needed more details and got them. Unless I missed something in the 7+ pages..... Soo... this was a text and you were snooping on his cell phone and read them? If that's the case you need to check yourself and get your insecurities until control.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    amberj32 wrote: »
    I disagree with a cheater always being a cheater. That is definitely NOT true! The cheater just has to not want to cheat, that's all.

In my first message I needed more details and got them. Unless I missed something in the 7+ pages..... Soo... this was a text and you were snooping on his cell phone and read them? If that's the case you need to check yourself and get your insecurities until control.

Seriously? He's telling another woman that he doesn't find his wife attractive but does find the other woman attractive and it's the wife's fault for seeing the messages?
  • amberj32
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    OP - You "saw" him talking to another female on his phone. How do you know who is was talking to? Did you listen in on the conversation? How do you know it was a female? Did you speak to him about the phone conversation after it happened? Need more details.

Going from 185 to 196 probably won't be too noticeable. It's more than likely not something that he will go from finding you attractive to not finding you attractive.

The fact that you say this about yourself----"Sadly , on one end I cant blame him for not being attracted to me, I am not even attracted to myself. I HATEEE What I see in the mirror." is telling us that there are other major problems! So... since you gained 10 lbs do you go on every day saying how fat you are and how much you hate yourself? No one wants to hear that all the time. Maybe you've said it so much out loud that he's starting to believe it too.

When you said-- "Nice butt, slim waist.... everything im not.... the thing is, I was never like that though. So I guess I was fooled all along."............ 4 years? Do you really think a man would just hang around for 4 years to "fool" you? I'm not a guy so men you can disagree with that. It just seems like a long time for someone just to fool you. And what signs did you "think" you saw?

It's really hard to say or give advice. We don't really know all the details of your relationship. And we don't know what other previous relationships you were in and how they ended and how they affected you. What it does sound like to me is that you really need to work on loving yourself, no matter what weight you are. Sorry I couldn't just go with the majority here that it's all his fault, etc.

We know that NO men should ever say their spouse is unattractive and that someone else is?

How do we/she really know what exactly was said and for sure that's what he was talking about? We don't!!

No man should say their spouse is unattractive because it's not very nice. But I think if they need to work on something or they are letting something go you should tell the other person. I don't think lying to each other and saying everything is alright when it clearly isn't - is not the right thing to do. A couple should uplift each other and be the best version of themselves that they can be.

There are lots of attractive people out there. My SO can tell me if he finds someone else attractive. I don't have a problem with that at all. I see attractive people all the time and tell him. But I know that he loves me and I love him.

• amberj32
    Options
    Ohhh and to the people saying he was/is a cheater? You have to define cheating. And we don't know if something physical has happened yet. Plus she said they were both virgins when they got married. I find that hard to believe in this day and age but maybe so.
  • amberj32
    Options

[/quote]

Yes, but I'd guess that the learning curve is exponentially steeper when you are dealing with total two total noobs. They're figuring out their own preferences as well as their partner's. And, seriously, given dude's willingness to be "disappointed" and having a borderline emotional affair only 5 months in to their sexual relationship? I'm guessing that he's not really dedicated to learning about HER wants and preferences. And, you know, generally speaking, the ladyjunk tends to be a little less self-explanatory for new operators, you know?[/quote]

AND maybe she's not dedicated to learning about HIS wants and preferences?

• FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options

LOL. It isn't as easy as "the cheater just has to not want to cheat."

When you are married, what's yours usually becomes theirs too and vice versa. Don't make assumptions. You don't know whether OP was snooping through his cell phone or whether the text popped up and she was able to read it (iPhones do this).

I think you need to check yourself for thinking she's the problem.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    This likely has very little to do with your weight and has more to do with him just being a cheater. This probably would've happened even if u had never gained any weight at all. If he really loved you , he would've accepted you for who you are no matter if you gained or not . so he's likely just a cheater and your better off ending it now
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    If this is how the marriage is starting with only five months in, then I wouldn't hold my breathe for it getting better. Heartache is absolutely one of the most painful things to experience and to know that he is having these conversations with another woman after only being married for five months would feel like death. However, the silver lining is that you don't have children (which I have a feeling he wouldn't take well to you being pregnant), and you can walk away now before wasting any more of your time. Walk away girly, maybe run!
  • 4bettermenow
    4bettermenow Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    why do I feel like I am watching the Maury Povich show right now...???

Sadly I read through this entire thread. And the only conclusion I have come to is that I would love to fist bump you, because I find you awesome. LOL :smiley:
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Heartisalonelyhunter Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    SconnieCat wrote: »
    ok, so all the folks saying this is bad, and that this is the lowest of the low...

hahaha. Not me, sunshine. I caught my ex (at the time he was my fiance) cheating on me the night before a wedding we had both gone to. Thankfully it wasn't our wedding.

Anyway, after the wedding rehearsal festivities died down, a group of us were hanging out. I went to go to bed when the group started breaking up since I was exhausted and ended up passing out for a few hours. I woke up, realized he wasn't next to me and went to find him. We were at an outdoor wedding a bit in the boonies so I wanted from the camping tent we were sleeping in to the renovated barn (very redneck meets hipster) we had been hanging out in before.

As I approached the barn, I saw the lights on but the doors were shut. I looked through one of the slats in the barn door, ready to open the door when I realized that he was standing and she was *ahem* driving downtown to get some ice cream so-to-speak. I tried to open the door, found it was locked, and started beating on it.

She escaped out of a side door with her dog. No one was around except the three of us and, not thinking clearly, I took off after her to absolutely beat the snot out of her. She was much faster than I was so I never got to throw any punches; however, when my ex caught up to me, he started spewing apologies left and right. I remember taking off the ring, handing it to him, telling him to go eff himself, and then walking three feet and throwing all up.

Thankfully I saw what he was before I vowed to spend the rest of my life with him.

Why would you want to beat the crap out of her? She has no loyalty to you? Surely it's your ex you should have been punching?
    Sorry, it just really annoys me when women fight the other woman rather than their cheating, scumbag partners. That's the person who has broken a promise to you.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    Options
    SconnieCat wrote: »

hahaha. Not me, sunshine. I caught my ex (at the time he was my fiance) cheating on me the night before a wedding we had both gone to. Thankfully it wasn't our wedding.

Anyway, after the wedding rehearsal festivities died down, a group of us were hanging out. I went to go to bed when the group started breaking up since I was exhausted and ended up passing out for a few hours. I woke up, realized he wasn't next to me and went to find him. We were at an outdoor wedding a bit in the boonies so I wanted from the camping tent we were sleeping in to the renovated barn (very redneck meets hipster) we had been hanging out in before.

As I approached the barn, I saw the lights on but the doors were shut. I looked through one of the slats in the barn door, ready to open the door when I realized that he was standing and she was *ahem* driving downtown to get some ice cream so-to-speak. I tried to open the door, found it was locked, and started beating on it.

She escaped out of a side door with her dog. No one was around except the three of us and, not thinking clearly, I took off after her to absolutely beat the snot out of her. She was much faster than I was so I never got to throw any punches; however, when my ex caught up to me, he started spewing apologies left and right. I remember taking off the ring, handing it to him, telling him to go eff himself, and then walking three feet and throwing all up.

Thankfully I saw what he was before I vowed to spend the rest of my life with him.

Classy is as classy gets.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    just let him roam and sow his oats so to speak, he will be back in about six months with some new skillzzzz
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    just let him roam and sow his oats so to speak, he will be back in about six months with some new skillzzzz

And itchy presents
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Op, my sympathy is with you.
  • jamezln
    jamezln Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I can't read all the comments so this may have already been said. A man will say anything to get a woman in bed and he's obviously cheating on you. You need to pack up and leave, and maybe get an annulment is you're still able.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »

And itchy presents

i7ebxizvz3tf.jpg
  • lmr0528
    lmr0528 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    He sounds like a real winner. Dump his a** and go find a real man who loves you no matter what.
  • mz_getskinny
    mz_getskinny Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Yeah this has nothing to do with you...and unfortunately there is nothing you can change about yourself that will fix the situation. He's clearly insecure and is looking for an outside source to stroke his ego. Now that he is married he is trying to make sure he is still attractive to other women. You probably have a narcissist on your hands...