What's harder for you: the food or exercise?

Options

Replies

• 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Change your mindset. Rather than "exercise," "be active." Join a volleyball team or bowling league or some intramural sport if that is your thing...or, join a walking club for middle agers (I am in your age group, so don't blast me). Find an activity that you enjoy, that is moderately active, and you will succeed. IF you are doing something don't enjoy (exercise has such a negative connotation, doesn't it), you won't keep doing it. ;)

No blasting from me, I know I'm getting older and it's okay :laugh: Great tips. I do enjoy biking, hiking, and bowling & walking, yard work, etc. It's just getting me out the door sometimes that is hard. I'd rather read a book or watch a movie. I'm thinking no one can help me overcome that, I have to do that myself. And for the most part, I do.
  • Ladybud2
    Ladybud2 Posts: 26
    Options
    it's the food for me. I love to exercise.
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Definitely the exercise. I have to work out early in the morning, so I get up at 4:45 to be finished by 6:00 (to get ready for work). It's soooo hard to haul it out some mornings! I'm pretty good, though, I don't blow it off very often. The food, on the other hand, is easier. Since I've been counting calories and logging on MFP I've found lots of ways to fill up on few calories. Some days I have to eat a huge evening snack to get enough. Food = Easy Exercise = Hard

Ah, yes. This is a lot like me. I do my thing in the a.m. That way, no matter what happens or what comes up, I got it done.
  • amberlynn2687
    Options
    I guess I would really have to say both. It's easy for me to control the amount of calories I consume BUT I do not like healthy food, so the quality of my food isn't great. So that's hard on my weight loss. And the exercise portion is a bit difficult, I try to make a habit of it but I am such a procrastinator that I'll say I'll do it after this or that and then never get around to it. So for me, it's been a bit of a struggle. Grrr :mad: But 30lbs in 5-6 months is a decent enough start for me :bigsmile:
  • AmyJo527
    AmyJo527 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Food. If I could just exercise and eat whatever I want, I would be one happy girl!
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Food, by far! Too many yummy tempting things available.
  • DTJBMcT
    DTJBMcT Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    The food, hands down. I LOVE to exercise. I also love food. Sigh.
  • TheRunningGuppy
    TheRunningGuppy Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    The food, for sure. On days I don't work out, I make myself pre-log all my food so I know the plan and am more likely to stick to it.
  • rhonda2468
    Options
    Definitely exercise. I'm a busy single mom with an extremely hectic work/travel schedule. I do well to get my meals planned and cooked. Working out always takes a back seat to the rest of life. We did just recently get a puppy too - that has forced me to get out of the house more (I work from home) to play in the yard and take him for his walks. If it wasn't for that, I'd basically be an ergonomic chair / couch potato all day.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    food definitely.....
  • Eat2Win
    Eat2Win Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    For me, definitely the exercise
  • bambishealth
    bambishealth Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Both of them are a struggle for me....excercise maybe more so. After working all day it is hard to get motivated to workout. However, I LOVE rich foods! No matter if it is sweet rich, or savory rich (like fine cheeses).
  • Jennvandemark
    Jennvandemark Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Food will always be my down fall.
  • Kiaford
    Kiaford Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Both!
  • amyhoss
    amyhoss Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    No question; the food
  • banana_milk
    Options
    Food... it sucks being surrounded by yummy, high-calorie foods all the time. I have issues with moderation, so it makes it even worse.
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Definitely the exercise is harder. I can eat healthy forever, and occasionally have a treat, but I'm very lazy.
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    results are usually 80% diet and 20% exercise!

I have got a pretty good hold on things; I just struggle with having a few drinks I always have things on :(
  • NareenaTheGypsy
    NareenaTheGypsy Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    You know, it's funny... I love to eat, but I am eating better than I used to and I like the foods I eat so eating isn't really much of an issue.

My trouble isn't even working out. I do like to workout, once I get started. The silly thing that really de-motivates me, is simply getting into my sports bra, squeezing into a pair or running pants or shorts and "preparing" to workout. Get the water, the headphones, my phone.. make sure my hair is put up, did I get my sunglasses if I'm working out outside? Stuff like that. It's tiring to think of it all.. Once I have it and I'm ready to go though, I have really learned to enjoy running!
  • resistance_freak
    Options
    Cutting out food is much more difficult for me than adding in exercise! I would work out all day long if I didn't have to earn a living. hmm, maybe if I can figure out a way to earn a living by working out all day. Now THAT would be my dream job!