What's harder for you: the food or exercise?

Options
12346»

Replies

• maryrosenavoa
    maryrosenavoa Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    No doubt about that... FOOD of course
  • berriboobear
    berriboobear Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Food for sure, exercise has become a part of daily schedule that I look forward to. Food is a constant temptation! ><
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Food! :(
    I absolutely LOVE healthy food. I just struggle with the urge to eat a lot more than I should.

I love love exercise. I lift heavy 3x a week and pole dance 2x. I have been a fitness nerd for 4.5 years now.
  • Jonahyona
    Jonahyona Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Both. -_-
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    food, hands down. i love exercising and feeling like a beast after a great workout. but i love food too...so it's definitely a challenge to stay within both my calorie limit and my macros. trying....but i can't say it's easy.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    The food.
    I can beat the crap out of the gym 5 or 6 days a week and feel great for it.

The food part, not so easy.
  • Tatonka_usn
    Tatonka_usn Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Both, though for different reasons.

Food: I've always been a grazer when it comes to eating, and have NO concept of portion sizes. So, if there's food around the house, I'll eventually find it and "feel hungry" (even though I'm not). During meals, I eat VERY quickly.....and until satiated, which translates to large quantities. Hence one of the reasons I came on MFP, to provide myself a tangible reminder of 1) how much I'm actually taking in and 2) when I need to STOP.

Exercise: I've always been an active/energetic/athletic person. When younger, I often found myself lacking the motivation to do very much. As I've aged, however, the balance has shifted.....my body unfortunately breaking down (various injuries), while my motivation level has increased significantly. The "crowning jewel" came 6 years ago, when I blew out my back (a couple years after a car wreck). As a result, and in the wake of surgery, I was/am extremely limited in what I can do. So, while my mind/motivation tell me to get off my a##, my body tells me NO. I therefore have to walk a fine line, which leaves me VERY frustrated. :sad:
  • Nonya81
    Nonya81 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    The food for sure. I love food and I like to eat like a grown *kitten* man but ive toned it down a notch
  • jinna86
    jinna86 Posts: 93
    Options
    Food! :(
    I absolutely LOVE healthy food. I just struggle with the urge to eat a lot more than I should.

I love love exercise. I lift heavy 3x a week and pole dance 2x. I have been a fitness nerd for 4.5 years now.

I'm doing the same exercises as you! And I absolutely :heart: both :D

Also, food is much harder for me than exercise. Even when I'm eating healthy, sometimes I just want... moar....
  • kms1320
    kms1320 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I have found the exercising to be harder. From the army, I learned to not really care how the food tasted, and MRE's were pretty much the same, so I eat the same stuff day in and out now. I just eat for nutrition, I don't eat for pleasure. Motivating myself to work out after a 10+ hour day of work (very active) is a whole different ball game.