Would YOU exercise on your birthday?

Options

Replies

• barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    Oh man, I would be broadening my social circle to include people who enjoy exercise.

Anyway, I don't plan to restrict calories on my birthday but I love working out. Maybe I'll run a little longer because cake.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    If it's something you love, do it! My birthday a couple years ago fell on the same day as a class I loved. You bet your *kitten* I went. I told people if they really wanted to spend time with me that day they were more than welcome to join the class, otherwise they had to wait until later lol
  • Pupslice
    Pupslice Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    My birthday is Friday and I will be going for a nice long run so I can have a couple drinks and pieces of cake! :D
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Gosh yes, I ran an 8 mile race on my birthday last year, and got a special cheer as I crossed the line! I'm planning to run my hundredth parkrun on my birthday this year.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    :D
    kandeye wrote: »
    My birthday is tomorrow. I shall do my 5x5 workout ( I look forward to my weightlifting time) and then drive to my mom's house and go out for the day. I probably will do some cardio to counter balance the excess calories I probably will consume :smiley: . People who view exercise as a dreaded punishment will view working out as sad, but it's not punishment to workout! Enjoy the day doing as you wish :)

Happy Birthday

• urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    :D
    Pupslice wrote: »
    My birthday is Friday and I will be going for a nice long run so I can have a couple drinks and pieces of cake! :D

Happy Birthday

• 20Grit
    20Grit Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I hit my 145 Bench Press PR on my birthday this year! So hell YES!!!
  • carlosjenno
    carlosjenno Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Erm, yes. I've worked out, cycled and run on my birthday, christmas day and new year's day for years!
  • lilmzritz
    lilmzritz Posts: 176
    Options
    I ran a half marathon on my birthday this year and it was New Year's Day! Best way to celebrate my birthday and another year of life!
  • jj_steele
    jj_steele Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday!
  • pap3rw1ngs
    pap3rw1ngs Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    It's my birthday tomorrow and I totally would except that Wednesdays are rest days for me. Otherwise, I wouldn't have thought twice about it. Exercise isn't a hardship for me, it's just part of my routine.
  • BL_Coleman
    BL_Coleman Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    No, but that's b/c my birthdays usually center on wine tours and wine and running just hurt
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    What do you want...a cookie? Oh go on then because it's your birthday. Happy birthday :)
  • joakool
    joakool Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I would be very disappointed if I didn't go for a run on my Birthday. Almost as disappointed if I didn't enjoy some cake on my Birthday as well.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I ALWAYS exercise on my birthday. It makes me feel great!
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    I'll let you know what I feel like doing in two months. :smiley:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Not usually because my birthday falls on the day after Halloween. I am usually hungover and stuff.
  • snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Of course you should go to spin class and give your Spin class friends a chance to wish you a happy Birthday. For so many of us staying trim means that exercise class, hikes and runs are our time to socialize and be with our friends.

If recovery and injury are an issue for you and you need a recovery day then by all means take a day to plan another activity.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I did. It was also my brother's wedding day, so I really needed those extra calories.
  • LokiDokiArtichoki
    LokiDokiArtichoki Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Probably not go to the gym, but I'd spend the day out and about. This year I'm going to Vegas for my 21st-redo 23rd birthday, so there will be a lot of walking/sight-seeing.