Join the Gelato and Ice Cream Group

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I do like the Tres Leches ice cream, lol.

• sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I had the chocolate malt and some kind of truffle. I didn't love either one. I felt like they both had kind of a grainy texture.

You're totally right, it was kind of grainy but I that's sort of what I liked about it. I guess that's weird that I like grainy ice cream.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    sistrsprkl wrote: »
    I had the chocolate malt and some kind of truffle. I didn't love either one. I felt like they both had kind of a grainy texture.

You're totally right, it was kind of grainy but I that's sort of what I liked about it. I guess that's weird that I like grainy ice cream.

I actually thought the Jeni's Whiskey and Pecans had a bit of a grainy texture but I liked it because I. think homemade ice cream has that same mouth feel.

PS I just look for excuses to use the phrase "mouth feel".
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Recently had ice cream again after a long break. Meh. Frozen yogurt or gelato for me.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Sigh. I had to take a little gelato break this week. Will probably be back next week when I try a Gelato Fiasco flavor for the first time.

On a brighter note, I'm thinking of buying gelato making classes for my boyfriend. You get to take home 4 pints each :)
  • arditarose
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Haul from last night... Didn't love the Haagen Daaz flavor.
    u8k6ega7kzlz.jpg

Nice. Three Twins is decent
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I was seriously bummed. I was in Whole Foods today and was going to pick up some Jeni's. The entire stock was all covered with ice like it had thawed and frozen back over again.

There was another promising brand with some really good flavors... brain fart, I can't remember what it was, but I was drooling over lemon ricotta cardamom. Except it's processed in a facility with wheat and no can do.

So much sadness.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Haul from last night... Didn't love the Haagen Daaz flavor.
    u8k6ega7kzlz.jpg

What did you think of The Mint Confetti? I've seen that one at Giant, but haven't bought it yet.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I do like the Tres Leches ice cream, lol.

I was surprised at how much I liked the Pecan Spiced Turtle & the Ginger Molasses Cookie is really good.
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    What did you think of The Mint Confetti? I've seen that one at Giant, but haven't bought it yet.

Finally tried the mint confetti last night. It was great, pretty icey and melted fast... but in a good way. I'm not a big mint person but I would buy this again.
  • arditarose
    Options
    Trying the Talenti Caramel Apple Pie tonight. Not too big on apple pie flavors but I love caramel and this has a nice ribbon of goodness running through it. We shall see.
  • PeachyCarol
    Options
    I am so bummed that so many of the flavors I really want have bits in them I can't have. Caramel Apple Pie would be right up there for me on flavor profiles.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I didn't care for the apple pieces. They had a weird texture to me.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Hey, what a cool group. I think I will join.

who-are-you-again_zps5f61f92c.gif
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Hey, what a cool group. I think I will join.

who-are-you-again_zps5f61f92c.gif

image.png?w=400&c=1

funny-gif-Godzilla-putting-on-sunglasses_zps18cd522d.gif
  • PeachyCarol
    Options

I'll console myself with this knowledge. I normally LOVE apple caramel stuff. I heard the raspberry cheesecake wasn't all that either.

• arditarose
    Options

Awww...no. They're apple pieces? I figured they'd be like pie crust pieces.