Join the Gelato and Ice Cream Group

Replies

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    I think the calorie count on the Talenti is spooking me. :fearful: Maybe when I up my maintenance calories more. I'm at 1300 right now.

I'm on less than that and I eat Talenti. I don't always eat a full serving, but that's okay. It's delicious.

• krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    I think the calorie count on the Talenti is spooking me. :fearful: Maybe when I up my maintenance calories more. I'm at 1300 right now.

I'm on less than that and I eat Talenti. I don't always eat a full serving, but that's okay. It's delicious.

That makes me feel better. :blush: I did give up my morning snack today to make extra room for my cashew milk ice cream! :grin:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member

That makes me feel better. :blush: I did give up my morning snack today to make extra room for my cashew milk ice cream! :grin:

Haha I couldn't do it. I need at least 200 calorie worth to be satisfied, and I'm hungry if I eat anything less than 1500 calories of more filling things.
  • krissyreminisce
    Francl27 wrote: »

Haha I couldn't do it. I need at least 200 calorie worth to be satisfied, and I'm hungry if I eat anything less than 1500 calories of more filling things.

It wasn't too bad. I'm heading to the gym as well. I'll have plenty extra calories to play with. :wink:
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Anyone been able to find the Blue Bell brand Ice cream flavor Kentucky Pie? I got some a couple years ago when in Indy and haven't seen it anywhere since. I think they must have discontinued it. OMG! So good!!
  • krissyreminisce
    It looks like it's discontinued based on their website. I've heard good things about their ice cream though. They don't sell it in my state. :disappointed:
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    I was seriously bummed. I was in Whole Foods today and was going to pick up some Jeni's. The entire stock was all covered with ice like it had thawed and frozen back over again.

There was another promising brand with some really good flavors... brain fart, I can't remember what it was, but I was drooling over lemon ricotta cardamom. Except it's processed in a facility with wheat and no can do.

So much sadness.

The Jeni's Almond Butter Brittle is amazing!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    MrM27 wrote: »
    I finally tried the coffee chocolate chip and the southern butter pecan. The first was okay - nice coffee flavor. The second was amazing.

Butter Pecan is really one of my favorite flavors they have.

If anyone has seen German Chocolate Cake I urge you to try it, it's amazing in my opinion.

Is that flavor only at Target still? I don't think I've ever come across that yet.

My favorites at the moment have to be Egg Nog, Salted Caramel Peanut, & Tiramisu.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Cortelli wrote: »
    I'm thinking maybe I should join this group. I just recently started eating ice cream again (and I haven't had gelato since the summer of '07!).

I'll definitely peruse the thread, some of the ice creams that I've seen mentioned so far I've never heard of! And I'm getting more curious about Talenti...

I have found all sorts of wonderful ice creams and gelatos through other group members' reviews in the group forum. I'm not even really an ice cream / gelato aficionado but the group got me trying all sorts of incredible treats. Join!

I know right? Before MFP I never heard of Talenti, Jeni's, or Quest bars. It's all MFP fault.

www.theimpulsivebuy.com is another cool site that lists limited edition & new products to keep your eyes peeled for.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Tried the Sam's Choice White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake & it was a tad bit disappointing. It didn't have much of a white chocolate taste too it, the raspberry swirl somewhat overpowered the flavor, & to me it didn't remind me much of cheesecake.

At least the Cotton Candy Oreos are amazing!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member

Cortelli wrote: »
    I'm thinking maybe I should join this group. I just recently started eating ice cream again (and I haven't had gelato since the summer of '07!).

I'll definitely peruse the thread, some of the ice creams that I've seen mentioned so far I've never heard of! And I'm getting more curious about Talenti...

I have found all sorts of wonderful ice creams and gelatos through other group members' reviews in the group forum. I'm not even really an ice cream / gelato aficionado but the group got me trying all sorts of incredible treats. Join!
    I know right? Before MFP I never heard of Talenti, Jeni's, or Quest bars. It's all MFP fault.

www.theimpulsivebuy.com is another cool site that lists limited edition & new products to keep your eyes peeled for.
    Same. MFP has opened up my palate sweets-wise.

Ben-Jerrys-BRRR-ito.jpg?resize=640%2C428
    I checked out the impulsive buy and this really makes me miss the B&J's in Houston.

It's almost as tragic as when I found out they closed the Dylan's Candy Bar here. :cry:

• krissyreminisce
    Popped my Talenti cherry last night and tried the Peanut Butter cup. Freaking delicious. When I have enough calories to spare, I'll dig into the sea salt. :D
  • krissyreminisce
    Popped my Talenti cherry last night and tried the Peanut Butter cup. Freaking delicious. When I have enough calories to spare, I'll dig into the sea salt. :D

Very nice. Even though that wasn't one of my favorite flavors. But well done.

I'm a sucker for the peanut butter/chocolate combo. I was able to get two because they were on sale and I had coupons. I need to check Walmart and see if they have different flavors.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member

Very nice. Even though that wasn't one of my favorite flavors. But well done.

Ironically I just tried that flavor for the first time the other night. My all time favorite ice cream is Baskin Robbins PB&Chocolate. I loved the mini PB cups in the Talenti but I wished the chocolate base had been a little richer. I actually think it would be better with the Double Dark Chocolate base which was my maiden voyage with Talenti about a year ago when the very first cleanse kicked off.... Back then I was just a lurker too, before the Ice Cream Wolves initiated me!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member

I love that one. I know I'm in the minority but it's still one of my top three. I do think the chocolate base could be a little more chocolaty but I love the peanut butter swirl.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    I saw a commercial last night for Dairy Queens Salted Carmel Blizzard which looks like it has chocolate truffle pieces in it, clearly a shameless copy of our beloved Talenti... Anyone tried it?
  • PeachyCarol
    I have never had a Blizzard. When a DQ opened near us when we were kids, my parents took us a few times. I had a cone the first time. I HATED the ice cream. Every time after that, I had a a shake.

I've never purposely gone to DQ as an adult.
  • krissyreminisce
    Does anyone know if the pistachio flavor is any good? I'm curious.
  • PeachyCarol
    Does anyone know if the pistachio flavor is any good? I'm curious.

It's very... subtle. It's nothing to knock your socks off. Not bad, just nothing earth shattering.

• krissyreminisce
    Gotcha. When I'm faced with all the options I feel overwhelmed. Lol.