21 day fix

Options

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    nywhaley wrote: »
    This is my first week of starting this program. Its certainly been challenging preparing all the food that I have to eat through out the day. Its more volume than quantity I must say. Is there anyone else out there that is doing the 21 day fix?

I have been thinking about it. Even using myfitnesspal I find myself making bad choices. 21 day fix is the only program I've seen that focuses on a healty balanced diet. I'm thinking it's a great program for beginners to learn. Personally I would definitely commit to it long term not just 21 days. Hope you will post updates :)

define "bad choices"...

healthy is a relative term that is based on context of diet, hitting macros/micros, and dosage of certain foods....
  • lmr0528
    lmr0528 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I tried it for 3 days and felt like I wasn't eating enough. I ate at my recommended calorie range and the specific colors that I was supposed to.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    I'm so sick of negative nancy's!

The 21 day fix, although I've never done it, is perhaps a great way for someone who has never learned how to "eat at a deficit" or "reasonable" in a manor that suits their lifestyle.

If it inspires someone to start on the healthy train and develop great habits down the road, for the long run, why on earth would anyone at a community called "my fitness pal" be anything but positive!!?!!

Who is being negative?? People are offering their insight on something. This is a public forum. If you are this sensitive maybe you shouldn't be on the internet.

Just gonna bold that for you. Someone's difference of opinion does not make them a bully.
  • melduf
    melduf Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I'm on my third week. So far I've sticked to the workout plan 100% but I struggle with the nutrition plan. It has been an eye opener for veggies and fruits. I definetely don't eat enough.
    The scale hasn't moved much but the measuring tape has! I'm going to take pics and final measurements on Sunday. I'm curious to see!
  • nywhaley
    nywhaley Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness. My first day back on the forum, reading my first post and I remember why I got off. 21 day fix is just what everyone here is suggesting that she should do! Real food in the quantities that are healthy. It's another way of measuring without using a scale. To each their own - it's a measuring system. It's a Beachbody system, none of which are a "diet". Any conversation that starts with, Why don't you, or you should just.... sounds kind of preachy. She asked if anyone else was doing 21 day fix, didn't ask for advise on what you think she should do.

To NY Whaley, Good Luck! I have friends doing that program but they're not on this site.

Thanks for clearing that up. You took the words right out of my mouth. I've been on this forum less than 8 hrs and I probably will not return! I'm looking for a lifestyle change with help from what I thought was a "support group"! Which site is that? ;)
  • nywhaley
    Options
    Jsykar wrote: »
    I'm on day 10 of the 21 day fix, but I am not following the workout. I'm doing insanity. I think its great for putting food into perspective. Hope it goes great for you. x

I did the opposite! I was doing insanity but not eating properly in return didn't see good results. I like the 21 day fix eating plan and I will use it long term. I will probably combine the two! How are your results with insanity?
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness. My first day back on the forum, reading my first post and I remember why I got off. 21 day fix is just what everyone here is suggesting that she should do! Real food in the quantities that are healthy. It's another way of measuring without using a scale. To each their own - it's a measuring system. It's a Beachbody system, none of which are a "diet". Any conversation that starts with, Why don't you, or you should just.... sounds kind of preachy. She asked if anyone else was doing 21 day fix, didn't ask for advise on what you think she should do.

To NY Whaley, Good Luck! I have friends doing that program but they're not on this site.

Just bolding the important part here.

Could you kindly define "real food"? Isn't all food real? Just curious because I've never picked up a plastic banana and thought about ingesting it.
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    You will not find any help from people in the forums only people telling you "why don't you do this or that instead, it worked for me and I lost x amount of pounds " lol. There is an invisible list of rules stating what you should and shouldn't do.

It's too bad only about 2 responses in this forum were legit ;/

Anyway, best of luck, I hope you do well!
  • SconnieCat
    Options
    This is my first week of starting this program. Its certainly been challenging preparing all the food that I have to eat through out the day. Its more volume than quantity I must say. Is there anyone else out there that is doing the 21 day fix?

I have been thinking about it. Even using myfitnesspal I find myself making bad choices. 21 day fix is the only program I've seen that focuses on a healty balanced diet. I'm thinking it's a great program for beginners to learn. Personally I would definitely commit to it long term not just 21 days. Hope you will post updates :)

So a plan that gives you color-coded Tupperware is going to fix (ha ha ha) making "bad choices"? What are these bad choices you speak of? Do you never plan on going out to eat? Going out with friends where there is a buffet of food not properly portioned in the pretty and colorful little containers?

Having a bunch of Tupperware that you have to add to a cabinet doesn't fix bad habits.
  • nywhaley
    Options
    jazmin220 wrote: »
    You will not find any help from people in the forums only people telling you "why don't you do this or that instead, it worked for me and I lost x amount of pounds " lol. There is an invisible list of rules stating what you should and shouldn't do.

So true! Thanks!;)
  • SconnieCat
    Options

Legit because people don't agree with the OP and have questions or concerns?

jennifer-lawrence-10.gif

Forums are for people with a wide range of opinions to discuss. If OP is looking for support without any potentially "negative feedback", it's best to check out individual groups.
  • mscheftg
    mscheftg Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    SconnieCat wrote: »

So a plan that gives you color-coded Tupperware is going to fix (ha ha ha) making "bad choices"? What are these bad choices you speak of? Do you never plan on going out to eat? Going out with friends where there is a buffet of food not properly portioned in the pretty and colorful little containers?

Having a bunch of Tupperware that you have to add to a cabinet doesn't fix bad habits.

What works for one does not always work for the other. There are people who benefit from the structure of the program. I personally don't think I could do it. However, the program allows those who don't have a balanced diet eat a more balanced diet.

If you don't like it, that's fine. You can have that opinion, but you don't have to pick on the people who use it and get results that work for them.
  • ndj1979
    edited March 2015
    Options

so the ones that said save your money and use MFP or eat in a calorie deficit are not legitimate weight loss tips??????????????

where in the TOS of MFP does it say that every OP must get 100% blind support?
  • SconnieCat
    Options
    mscheftg wrote: »

What works for one does not always work for the other. There are people who benefit from the structure of the program. I personally don't think I could do it. However, the program allows those who don't have a balanced diet eat a more balanced diet.

If you don't like it, that's fine. You can have that opinion, but you don't have to pick on the people who use it and get results that work for them.

What exactly did I say that was "picking" on someone?
  • ndj1979
    Options

here is a thought..

enter stats into MFP
    set for one pound per week loss
    eat to the number that MFP gives you
    get a food scale and weight all solids
    log everything consumed into MFP ..

oh wait, that is free and is too simple...

• ndj1979
    Options

What exactly did I say that was "picking" on someone?

you defined 21 day fix as "color coded Tupperware" which it is, and that is degrading because you properly ID'd the program...

*sarcasm*
  • SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    There's a group here on MFP for those who are doing 21 Day Fix and want some positive encouragement, share ideas, etc.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/103806-21-day-fixers
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I like Tupperware

I have a thing for storage

I can't believe how sad that sounds

But needful things :)

I don't understand how the 21 day fix works though, what does it fix and how?
  • ndj1979
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I like Tupperware

I have a thing for storage

I can't believe how sad that sounds

But needful things :)

I don't understand how the 21 day fix works though, what does it fix and how?

my basic understanding is that you portion your food out into the Tupperware and only eat that, and it works out to like 1200 to 1500 calories a day?

they basically sell you overpriced Tupperware and say put 200 calories into six and eat that and you will lose weight...

I swear, I am in the wrong business...

what burns me is that you can do the same with MFP for free....