Two weeks and gained weight!

Options

Replies

• dsorah420
    dsorah420 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    magerum wrote: »
    After a winter of pure gluttony I decided it was time to get on track. I have been in a deficit and working out daily for two weeks. I have gained 2 pounds! Clearly the whole calorie in / calorie out model doesn't work for me. Seriously demotivating.

You probably have lost weight but you have gained muscle. Do your clothes fit better?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Daiako wrote: »
    DopeItUp wrote: »
    Otterluv wrote: »
    AliceDark wrote: »
    firstsip wrote: »
    I've lost 1.5 lbs. in 2 DAYS of accurate logging. Clearly your numbers must be off somewhere.
    There's no way you lost 1.5 pounds of fat in 2 days. It's water weight or natural fluctuations (or both).

Did she SAY it was pounds of fat?

NO, I most clearly did NOT. I know that usually when you start a new diet, you lose a lot of waterweight at first. That he GAINED must mean that he probably lost water and gained a lot of fat. Like, 5 lbs. rather than the 2 on the scale.
    Not everyone loses water weight at first. Like I said and other people have said, your weight naturally fluctuates, often from hour to hour. Until you have data points across a longer period of time than 2 days or even 2 weeks, you can't draw any meaningful conclusions.

Oh, so I DID lose 1.5 pounds of fat.

In two days? No.

This was a really rude response. This is a place of motivation and support. Please refer to USCMP's Guide To Being A Better Person Than Everyone Else.

Only if you read it as rude. Maybe you shouldn't expect the worst in people?

It's not physically possible to lose 1.5lbs of fat in two days.

Tsk. This doesn't seem very supportive to me at all and now you're trying to act like the rudeness is all in other people's heads rather than own up to bring mean.

You're right! I'm such a bi**h!

Pretty sure using symbols to get around the filter is against the CG(all hail)*. Perhaps you should familiarize yourself with them in order to become a more supportive and friendly member of these forums.

*suck it Jof

:grumble:

Please to not violate Community Guidelines (all hail™) #1.

In fact, please just be a better person in the future.
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    I've lost 1.5 lbs. in 2 DAYS of accurate logging. Clearly your numbers must be off somewhere.
    There's no way you lost 1.5 pounds of fat in 2 days. It's water weight or natural fluctuations (or both).

NO, I most clearly did NOT. I know that usually when you start a new diet, you lose a lot of waterweight at first. That he GAINED must mean that he probably lost water and gained a lot of fat. Like, 5 lbs. rather than the 2 on the scale.
    Not everyone loses water weight at first. Like I said and other people have said, your weight naturally fluctuates, often from hour to hour. Until you have data points across a longer period of time than 2 days or even 2 weeks, you can't draw any meaningful conclusions.

In two days? No.

This was a really rude response. This is a place of motivation and support. Please refer to USCMP's Guide To Being A Better Person Than Everyone Else.

Tsk. This doesn't seem very supportive to me at all and now you're trying to act like the rudeness is all in other people's heads rather than own up to bring mean.

You're right! I'm such a bi**h!

Pretty sure using symbols to get around the filter is against the CG(all hail)*. Perhaps you should familiarize yourself with them in order to become a more supportive and friendly member of these forums.

*suck it Jof

:grumble:

Please to not violate Community Guidelines (all hail™) #1.

In fact, please just be a better person in the future.

I may have snorted tea up my nose at the TM.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options

In two days? No.

Typical bully behavior. Try to convince the victim that it's their own fault. It's disgusting, isn't it?
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Your exercise burns are exorbitant.

^this

You should seriously consider doing less exercise.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

In two days? No.

Maybe not for you it isn't, but I believe in Otter.

Perhaps you just need to work a little harder at it.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options

In two days? No.

TY, Jof. I did work REALLY hard.
  • Daiako
    Options

In two days? No.

Typical bully behavior. Try to convince the victim that it's their own fault. It's disgusting, isn't it?

Agree. Victim blaming is truly appalling behavior; the actual worst. So what if some people are more sensitive than others, does that mean that their feelings and what they feel is rude aren't valid?

Just awful.

• jofjltncb6
    Options

In two days? No.

TY, Jof. I did work REALLY hard.

And it sounds like that hard work really paid off. Losing 1.5 pounds of fat in two days isn't bad progress at all. Just shows that those who work hard are rewarded with results.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    mitch16 wrote: »
    You need to eat less.

Wrong, he's eating too little and storing fat. He needs to eat more to burn the fat.

This is relevant to my interests, go on

I'm calling troll.

Well, that's mean.

I'm sorry about that man...people can be really mean around here sometimes...I'm here to support you buddy...

Have you tried the lemonade cleanse or whatever...heard that's pretty good...especially if you add vodka.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options

^this

Yeah, it's obscene...maybe you're losing muscle and gaining fat from all that exercise...
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

^this

This seems counter intuitive :neutral_face:
  • Daiako
    Options

^this

Weight loss is surprisingly complex. In this case I could see where excessive cardio could be causing your muscle to become fat. More than 30-45 minutes of cardio a few days a week is just going to mess with your body comp.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

^this

Sometimes you need to do less to progress more...

...apparently.

At least that's what I've read in the MFP forums.

I've also read that this high of an exercise burn is an indication of an eating disorder. Perhaps you should consider seeking professional help?
  • ElectroJay
    ElectroJay Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    maybe your estimated caloric intake was overestimated. cals in vs cals out definitely works.
  • magerum
    Options

^this

Weight loss is surprisingly complex. In this case I could see where excessive cardio could be causing your muscle to become fat. More than 30-45 minutes of cardio a few days a week is just going to mess with your body comp.

This is turning out to be quite complex - if only there was a place where you could get information like this in a supportive and understanding manner.
  • magerum
    Options

^this

...apparently.

I've also read that this high of an exercise burn is an indication of an eating disorder. Perhaps you should consider seeking professional help?

Wow...now I really feel low. Maybe I should
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

^this

...apparently.

Wow...now I really feel low. Maybe I should

Couldn't hurt.

And no need to feel low about it. This is what we're here for. To help you become a better you.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    After a winter of pure gluttony I decided it was time to get on track. I have been in a deficit and working out daily for two weeks. I have gained 2 pounds! Clearly the whole calorie in / calorie out model doesn't work for me. Seriously demotivating.

Clearly you have no idea what "calorie in / calorie out" means.

• jofjltncb6
    Options

Carly you have no idea what "calorie in / calorie out" means.

Shirley you can't be serious.