What is your goal weight (include height when responding)

Options

Replies

• tattooedmomma93b
    tattooedmomma93b Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hii. I'm 21.5 feet 4 inches tal. And since I was 17 I've been dieting and exercising on and off....with a lot of fluctuations thru the years I stepped on the scale last week and realized I was at the highest weight of my life. So... I started dieting again on Sunday.

Starting weight 228.9 pounds
    Current weight (after a week of extreme diet changes) 220.8 pounds
    My goal weight is 140.

I know it will take a long time to get to my goal, And I know I may Not reach it. But it's my goal and I'm doing my best to get there!
  • g44219
    g44219 Posts: 3,665 Member
    Options
    Age 38
    height 6'4
    SW 285
    CW 240
    GW 225
  • leahcharvic_flores
    Options
    Height: 5'2''
    Sw: 133.8 lbs
    Cw: 123.4
    Gw: 117

I did 1 round of the hcg diet 800cals protocol for less than a month. I've been able to maintain my last dose weight so far but i wish to lose 5 lbs more this time through diet alone i hope.
  • hansolowil
    hansolowil Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    32, 5'3, SW was 185.5lb, GW 145lb, currently 174lb.

Figuring out what kinds of exercise I enjoy has been good for me and I now work out most days. I try to keep things interesting for myself with a mixture of cycling, swimming, yoga and lifting. If you can, treat yourself to some decent workout gear so you feel good about yourself while exercising.

Don't stress too much about what it says on the scales, look too at how your clothes fit. I have a pair of very tight jeans that are a pretty good indicator of how I'm doing!

What's worked best for me food-wise is cutting right down on alcohol, especially cider which is so full of calories and sugar. Because of cutting that out I can have a few treats like dark chocolate and still have a calorie deficit.
  • nicolel267
    nicolel267 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Start weight: 183
    Now: 140
    Need to be: 120
    Im 5'3"

Its harder now to lose weight with diet alone now I need to step up my exercise game to get the last 20 pounds off and get toned. Eating healthier and less I lost over 43 pounds in a year.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'5"
    Starting weight: 311
    Today: 193
    Goal: 145

I picked that goal weight because it's at the top end of a normal BMI for my height, but I have no idea if that's where I'll end up. Maybe I'll keep going once I get there...
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Height: 5'11"
    SW: 286
    CW: 265
    GW:250, then try eventually for 225, then 200

I started 1/13/15 and am happy so far with the results. I'm eating what I usually do, just less of it. I also just got a FitBit Charge to help motivate me :)
  • julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'7
    SW: 165 lbs
    CW: 148 lbs
    GW: 135 lbs

One day I'll get there... :neutral_face:
  • want2behappy31
    want2behappy31 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    SW: 280
    CW: 270
    Goal: 155
  • maisiechapman2210
    maisiechapman2210 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    SW: 160llbs
    CW: 155 llbs
    GW: 130-ish llbs
    Only just started but already seeing results!
  • emmavagg
    emmavagg Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    5'5"
    SW 180 (post baby)
    CW 155
    GW 135-140

So far its going really well :)
  • ruggedshutter
    ruggedshutter Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    5'11"
    SW 207
    CW 191
    GW 170-175

Don't let your goals rule your life and don't obsess or get down on yourself if you go over them occasionally.
  • yosimmiteesam
    Options
    I was 346lbs ; now at 329. Goal weight - 220. Began in march. Will
  • hillarysiegel24
    hillarysiegel24 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Starting: 142
    Current: 136
    Goal: 122

Height- 5'4. I need to focus on balancing healthy eating and exercise without going crazy extreme in either direction!
  • cai1961
    cai1961 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    SW: 186
    CW: 186 (just started)
    Goal: 160
  • PiSquared
    PiSquared Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    5'6" female, age 37
    Starting weight: 243 lbs (as recorded in MFP. I know I was higher than that, but never got on a scale to find out. I lost a bit of weight on my own before discovering MFP).
    Current Weight: 207 lbs
    Short term goal: Below 200 lbs (I entered high school at 195 lbs)
    Long term goal: 150 lbs (this will put me at the high end of 'normal weight according to my BMI)

The weight is coming off slowly. More slowly than I'd like. That's OK. It will come off eventually. It's easy to become obsessed about calories, and burn yourself out, so try not to overdo things early on. Once you get the hang of things, it will become pretty easy. Also, keep in mind that for long term, sustainable, lifestyle changes, this does not need to be torture. You can still eat yummy things, you can still socialize, and you can still have fun.
  • kibatt
    kibatt Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 313.8 pounds
    Goal: 230 pounds
    Height: 5'9.25

Former athlete (collegiate thrower). My collegiate throwing weight fluctuated from 200-220 through my 5 years of competing. Since I have not been competing anymore and coaching at the college level i have picked up a tremendous amount of weight. When you work tons of hours training your athletes, then doing recruiting and administrative work (on the road), you forget how to sit down and have a meal. So I have built up to this weight with fast food, eating on the go, very little exercise and barely enough energy for myself. It's been tough but I really am tired of being tired. I am afraid that I can't progress at my job because I am so out of shape and too heavy. I have been off and on with losing weight and gaining it back plus some. I just want it to be gone forever!

Right now I am going through the steps from Fat Loss Happens on Monday, a book by Josh Hillis and Dan John. The strategy I am doing is Planning & Preparing. Requires me to plan my meals, shop and prepare them on Sunday & Monday for the entire week. Then keep a journal. Once that is consistent for a few weeks, then I have make sure my protein is on point each meal, followed by calories, healthy fat and quality carbs. There are other strategies to move on to from here, but this is the start for me.

The book is awesome! It teaches you how to develop good habits on any diet! Focusing of food first then exercise goals.
  • JoyeII
    JoyeII Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    SW: 260
    Goal: 135
    CW: 206
    Height: 5'3"
  • JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    5'8"
    Starting weight: 172
    Current weight: 161
    Goal weight: 140/145

• Chumbles1
    Chumbles1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've just started on here today.

Currently 16 stone 7 and targeting 15 stone to start of with. 5ft 8.

Considering my love for food and cider this won't be easy!