Bread

Options
So my trainer recommended cutting bread outta my diet... I was just curious if this also would Include gluten free aswell.. Lol.. Having a hard time with bread so I wa just curious if there both considered the same...

Replies

• Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Did he/she say why?
  • K3rB3ar89
    K3rB3ar89 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Just wanted me to try reduce my sugar intake is all
  • rosnigetsfit
    rosnigetsfit Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    You don't have to cut anything. Moderation is the key.
  • K3rB3ar89
    Options
    I'm aware of this but she's trained in weight loss ect so I'm gonna go with what she says will help:)
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I rarely eat bead because of the high calorie density. I could eat a whole loaf and still be hungry. Not to mention I would want to load it with butter too.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    K3rB3ar89 wrote: »
    I'm aware of this but she's trained in weight loss ect so I'm gonna go with what she says will help:)

so why did you ask our opinion?
  • K3rB3ar89
    Options
    Bread is a refined sugar which isn't natural... Your body actually goes threw withdrew when you cut out sugar and bread
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

Well, if you are going to follow her advice without understanding the reasoning behind it, I guess you should ask her if you can have gluten-free bread. Then go with whatever she says.

Or you could decide for yourself if there is a reason to avoid bread and determine for yourself what to eat.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    if it floats your boat............
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options

If that's the case, then you should be asking her opinion on the gluten free bread.

Honestly though, it sounds like she's just going by the sugar is evil thing. *shrug* To each their own I guess.
  • K3rB3ar89
    Options
    She said bread is a refined sugar which isn't good for your body. She recommended cutting it out because it's useless calories that are hard on your body.. I understand the moderation i was just curious if anyone knew if gluten free was still counted as the same.. I can eat what I want but I'm trying something new this time is all. Bread also causes bloating
  • 1stplace4health
    1stplace4health Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Like you I have limited by bread and all other grains too. Gluten-free products aren't very healthy either because the staple is rice and having rice increases your arsenic exposure. So it's probably best to try to limited that too. Unless you just gotta have some bread, then that's the way to go.
  • K3rB3ar89
    Options
    She never said all sugar is bad just refined. Natural sugar is ok tho
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Fire your (so called) "trainer".
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Fire your (so called) "trainer".

This.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Bread is a refined sugar which isn't natural... Your body actually goes threw withdrew when you cut out sugar and bread

Bread is not a refined sugar. Bread is made from wheat and is as natural as anything you can eat.

As for eliminating gluten, you would have to eliminate most grain from your diet. Even stuff like oats has gluten in it. Personally, I would get tired of eating rice all the time.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    She said bread is a refined sugar which isn't good for your body. She recommended cutting it out because it's useless calories that are hard on your body.. I understand the moderation i was just curious if anyone knew if gluten free was still counted as the same.. I can eat what I want but I'm trying something new this time is all. Bread also causes bloating

I am having some bread with my dinner. It is providing carbohydrates, protein, and fiber. I also find it quite satisfying and filling. I don't know what is "useless" about that.

• K3rB3ar89
    Options
    Like you I have limited by bread and all other grains too. Gluten-free products aren't very healthy either because the staple is rice and having rice increases your arsenic exposure. So it's probably best to try to limited that too. Unless you just gotta have some bread, then that's the way to go.

Thank you. I wasn't looking for negative feedback and this helps:) I just wasn't sure Cuz she said potatos and rice where ok. But I know nothing of the "gluten free" stuff so I was just curious:)
  • fitnesia
    fitnesia Posts: 21
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I have lost 25 lbs with eating bread but in very, very moderate amounts. I've been trying to lose the weight for three years and in the times I cut out bread, I only ended up craving it and binging on it later. Give yourself a certain amount of bread you're allowed to eat each week/day and stick to it. Instead of white bread, buy wheat. Bread isn't horrible and if it is eaten in moderation it's fine.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    Options

.... calorie deficit will help. Unless cutting out bread = cutting calories, this won't improve fat loss.

Based on this your trainer is not someone you should talk to about nutritional intake/goals.