Bread

Options

Replies

• ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    K3rB3ar89 wrote: »
    Nope she said to limit and be careful how much fruit im eating too and try substitute with vegetables instead. YeS she said try cut out all the un needed calories.. I didn't ask for anyone's arrogance.. She gets paid to make people healthy in a gym if she was all wrong she wouldn't be working there.
    I get paid to paid to work in a gym and don't believe it's necessary to do the things she said. Does my opinion negate hers since we are both paid trainers?
    Carbs turn into sugar..

Do fruits and vegetables turn into sugar?

Quoting for those on mobile.

Also my ex was a trainer at a gym. Without a certification in personal training. So just another reason not to take nutrition advise from a trainer

I flip over to desktop view on my phone to see posts from people in jail

Yeah so do I since MFP wont fix the bug.

It's incredibly annoying. And I still don't see the point in advertising someones "naughtiness" by putting bars over their avatar???

same. We're also going to get warnings/bans for saying this, count on it! I'd say more on the topic but discussing certain people is not allowed on the forums, so.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »
    Nope she said to limit and be careful how much fruit im eating too and try substitute with vegetables instead. YeS she said try cut out all the un needed calories.. I didn't ask for anyone's arrogance.. She gets paid to make people healthy in a gym if she was all wrong she wouldn't be working there.
    I get paid to paid to work in a gym and don't believe it's necessary to do the things she said. Does my opinion negate hers since we are both paid trainers?
    Carbs turn into sugar..

Also my ex was a trainer at a gym. Without a certification in personal training. So just another reason not to take nutrition advise from a trainer

Anyone know why they are only hidden on the app? WHY would they do that :/

I think it's a glitch they haven't bothered to fix. I don't think it's always been like this??
  • squishprincess
    squishprincess Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Carbs turn into sugar..

why are people in jail

also OP if you really want bread often, there are lower calorie version available for like 40-45 calories per slice. it's what i get all the time, except for when i'm craving some yummier whole grainy breads, i just eat those in moderation. i've been eating a piece of toast or a sandwich here and there like every day for the past 2 months and i havent gained. if anything ive still managed to lose weight instead of maintain.

ya dont gotta give up bread. or anything really..

plus extra sugar or carbs won't hinder your weight loss. i drink sweet tea every day several times a day and have been for years and i still manage to keep weight off. just find something that works with your calorie goals & activity level.
  • ana3067
    Options
    Carbs turn into sugar..

why are people in jail

also OP if you really want bread often, there are lower calorie version available for like 40-45 calories per slice. it's what i get all the time, except for when i'm craving some yummier whole grainy breads, i just eat those in moderation. i've been eating a piece of toast or a sandwich here and there like every day for the past 2 months and i havent gained. if anything ive still managed to lose weight instead of maintain.

ya dont gotta give up bread. or anything really..

plus extra sugar or carbs won't hinder your weight loss. i drink sweet tea every day several times a day and have been for years and i still manage to keep weight off. just find something that works with your calorie goals & activity level.

IF they get multiple warnings for violating guidelines. Basically restricted forum access. They are not allowed to disclose on the forums why they are in jail or they will get in further trouble.
  • ana3067
    Options
    Carbs turn into sugar..

I think it's a glitch they haven't bothered to fix. I don't think it's always been like this??

I don't use the app much for forums, so I haven't noticed. they could easily fix it by discontinuing the stupid behind-bars tactic?
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    Carbs turn into sugar..

I don't use the app much for forums, so I haven't noticed. they could easily fix it by discontinuing the stupid behind-bars tactic?

They could fix it that way and are aware of the problem. But not ETA on a fix has been provided. There are inconsistencies on if the bars/public shaming will continue or not. You're welcome to PM me Ana if you wanna talk more but I dont feel like getting another warning for discussion of the flawed public shaming system
  • ana3067
    Options
    Carbs turn into sugar..

They could fix it that way and are aware of the problem. But not ETA on a fix has been provided. There are inconsistencies on if the bars/public shaming will continue or not. You're welcome to PM me Ana if you wanna talk more but I dont feel like getting another warning for discussion of the flawed public shaming system

Sigh. What a wonderful system it is, at that. Also lol @ the flag for my comment above. I have nothing significant more to say about the bars themselves though, mostly just comments about entities that I will get banned/warnings for speaking about. Not even worth it, these forums are just getting ridiculous. Hopefully the tactics won't prompt me to completely stop posting in the near future :/
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    To get this back on topic; mmmmmmm bread.
  • K3rB3ar89
    K3rB3ar89 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Why are those jail things there by the way?
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Is she having you count calories? If she's not, then I think I understand where she's coming from. If you reduce or remove a lot of the high calorie foods that aren't satiating, then you'll be left with more high volume low calorie foods. So by eating only those, you'll feel satiated and be in a deficit. Thus you'll lose weight.

The other way to do it is to count your calories, and eat the things you like.

Exactly, trying to get a client to adhere to weighing and logging all their food is much more unlikely to happen and also doesn't "sell" as well to new customers. What does sell is telling people to avoid lists of calorie-dense foods and giving them "reasons" why they should avoid these foods.

The problem with the latter is that unless you intend to NEVER EAT BREAD EVER AGAIN AS LONG AS YOU LIVE (and that also goes for all the other foods you've been told to cut out) then the instant you stop following this plan, you will gain back anything you had lost.

So you need to ask yourself if this is the way you *really* want to eat for the next 50-75 years.
  • lishie_rebooted
    Options

Users violated forum guidelines or it was perceived that they did. they received warnings and were put in time out
  • Christine_72
    Options

Someone answered that a few replies ago :wink: It's probably best to move on now....
  • Christine_72
    Options
    Is she having you count calories? If she's not, then I think I understand where she's coming from. If you reduce or remove a lot of the high calorie foods that aren't satiating, then you'll be left with more high volume low calorie foods. So by eating only those, you'll feel satiated and be in a deficit. Thus you'll lose weight.

Exactly, trying to get a client to adhere to weighing and logging all their food is much more unlikely to happen and also doesn't "sell" as well to new customers. What does sell is telling people to avoid lists of calorie-dense foods and giving them "reasons" why they should avoid these foods.

The problem with the latter is that unless you intend to NEVER EAT BREAD EVER AGAIN AS LONG AS YOU LIVE (and that also goes for all the other foods you've been told to cut out) then the instant you stop following this plan, you will gain back anything you had lost.

So you need to ask yourself if this is the way you *really* want to eat for the next 50-75 years.

I always read,, " when you go back to eating this or that you'll regain the weight...."
    But if you stay in a deficit or at maintenance calories then how will reintroducing foods make you gain weight??

• LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options

I always read,, " when you go back to eating this or that you'll regain the weight...."
    But if you stay in a deficit or at maintenance calories then how will reintroducing foods make you gain weight??
    Yeah, obviously if someone does not exceed their TDEE that will prevent regaining. But generally the "cut out large lists of foods" strategy is a way to avoid counting in the first place, so when they resume eating those foods that change is not likely to be accompanied by calorie counting or any other strategy designed to limit calories. So what then prevents them from overeating? I mean, when you return you're likely to eat in the same portions that got you overweight in the first place, because it's not like the amount of satiety they offer has changed in the meantime.
  • rldarda
    rldarda Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Going gluten-free doesn't necessarily cut down the calories, carbs or sugar, it just cuts out the gluten. And just like LAWoman72 said, some gluten-free foods could even be worse. See http://www.mensjournal.com/health-fitness/nutrition/is-gluten-free-better-for-you-20131205. If you need to cut down on carbs, or sugar specifically, you can likely have bread and other grains in moderation (unless your personal situation calls for really restricting them), but you really don't need gluten-free unless you're actually sensitive to it.

Personally, I had already cut down on white bread and white rice, and now I'm on a high protein low carb diet and rarely have any bread (and other starchy carbs) at all. I still have a little once and a while and try to stick to whole grain bread, brown rice, etc. when I do, but it's now a treat rather than a staple in my diet. This seems to be working for me, and I'm not really craving bread (likely since I'm satiated by the protein and I don't totally restrict myself).

However, that doesn't mean it's for everyone. Many people can lose weight having bread, particularly whole grain, in moderation. I've really cut down based on how my body works, including a condition that makes sugar harder to process and diabetes more likely, and on what fits into my daily calorie and carb goals for my situation.
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options

'Cause I'm a naughty, naughty girl who was posting things against the community guidelines. :wink:

Back on topic, if you want to try it, try it! Personally, I would have LOVED doing ketogenic diet (less than 30g carbs per day) if I could have more variety, which wasn't happening in my house.
    Anything you can stick to that will help you stay in your calorie goal and meet your macros without making you a hangry beast is a great way to achieve weightloss.
  • Generic_Excuse
    Generic_Excuse Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Bread is a refined sugar which isn't natural... Your body actually goes threw withdrew when you cut out sugar and bread

Bread is not a refined sugar. Bread is made from wheat and is as natural as anything you can eat.

As for eliminating gluten, you would have to eliminate most grain from your diet. Even stuff like oats has gluten in it. Personally, I would get tired of eating rice all the time.

I have gluten free kids and a husband for allergy reasons, don't eat a lot of rice either. Was just an ignorant comment. And that wheat bread is not as "natural" as you believe.
  • lishie_rebooted
    Options

'Cause I'm a naughty, naughty girl who was posting things against the community guidelines. :wink:

Back on topic, if you want to try it, try it! Personally, I would have LOVED doing ketogenic diet (less than 30g carbs per day) if I could have more variety, which wasn't happening in my house.
    Anything you can stick to that will help you stay in your calorie goal and meet your macros without making you a hangry beast is a great way to achieve weightloss.
    Quoting for mobile users
  • ana3067
    Options
    Bread is a refined sugar which isn't natural... Your body actually goes threw withdrew when you cut out sugar and bread

Bread is not a refined sugar. Bread is made from wheat and is as natural as anything you can eat.

As for eliminating gluten, you would have to eliminate most grain from your diet. Even stuff like oats has gluten in it. Personally, I would get tired of eating rice all the time.

I have gluten free kids and a husband for allergy reasons, don't eat a lot of rice either. Was just an ignorant comment. And that wheat bread is not as "natural" as you believe.

sand is natural, guess I should choose that over a GF muffin, amirite?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

What do you consider unnatural about wheat bread?