devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    [howyoudoin'.gif]

I am offended.
  • Yoyo_Fitness
    Yoyo_Fitness Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I think creepy people are everywhere these days... Facebook, Instagram, Google+ even LinkedIn! The best thing is to IGNORE THEM... and focus on your healthy life :) So far I've accepted all the friend requests from strangers and many of them are very supportive! I am very interested in everyone's nutritions and health tips so I try to be open-minded. anyways, I really benefit from this community and I am very thankful that I've joined! take care!
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    RonRoff wrote: »
    Feminists, feminists everywhere :lol:

t5ir8b85p2lk.jpeg

Oh look, somebody doesn't know what feminism is!

This thread is about a woman assuming this website can only be used for calorie counting and then getting upset when somebody doesn't want to cultivate a relationship with her because she's well, in a relationship.
  • never2bstopped
    never2bstopped Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    slideaway1 wrote: »
    PRMinx wrote: »
    So, are we saying that it's bad to ask for noodz and a KIK name on the first exchange?

But, seriously, sometimes I wonder how people survive real life. Try walking past a construction site in NYC in the middle of the summer wearing a dress.

Tell me about it.

I can't help it!!

All those sweaty working men... If they didn't want to be cat called they should learn not to glisten in the sun like that. :heart_eyes:

:D Brilliant!

What can I say, that's why I married one!

And he's a plumber!!! :wink: :blush::sunglasses:
  • Cowenlaw1
    Cowenlaw1 Posts: 106 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Many of us men on MFP are not looking for dates. My profile starts, "I'm a 44-year old husband and father," which I think makes it pretty clear that I am in a committed relationship. I want to look better for my wife, not find another one.

That being said, I would not be happy if someone was trying to chat up my wife on MFP.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I think creepy people are everywhere these days... Facebook, Instagram, Google+ even LinkedIn! The best thing is to IGNORE THEM... and focus on your healthy life :) So far I've accepted all the friend requests from strangers and many of them are very supportive! I am very interested in everyone's nutritions and health tips so I try to be open-minded. anyways, I really benefit from this community and I am very thankful that I've joined! take care!
    Can you explain what you mean by creepy people? What is it about them that makes them creepy? And how do you know that you aren't creepy to others?
  • never2bstopped
    Options
    Cowenlaw1 wrote: »
    Many of us men on MFP are not looking for dates. My profile starts, "I'm a 44-year old husband and father," which I think makes it pretty clear that I am in a committed relationship. I want to look better for my wife, not find another one.

That being said, I would not be happy if someone was trying to chat up my wife on MFP.

But the man in the op backed off and unfriended the moment he knew the op was in a committed relationship. Would you still be mad at that scenario?
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    So, are we saying that it's bad to ask for noodz and a KIK name on the first exchange?

But, seriously, sometimes I wonder how people survive real life. Try walking past a construction site in NYC in the middle of the summer wearing a dress.

Tell me about it.

I can't help it!!

All those sweaty working men... If they didn't want to be cat called they should learn not to glisten in the sun like that. :heart_eyes:

I was about to ask to friend you, but now that I know your married there is no point!! :smiley: I now understand what the OP was talking about.

• anarchysbitch
    anarchysbitch Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    How dare the internet be full of people of the opposite sex seeking out others. Naughty internet, go sit in the corner and think about what you've done.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Strong humblebrag
  • slideaway1
    Options
    _dracarys_ wrote: »
    Strong humblebrag

Spot on!

• never2bstopped
    Options

Tell me about it.

I can't help it!!

I was about to ask to friend you, but now that I know your married there is no point!! :smiley: I now understand what the OP was talking about.

I don't accept friend requests, they get me in trouble....
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    How dare the internet be full of people of the opposite sex seeking out others. Naughty internet, go sit in the corner and think about what you've done.
    **shakes fist at internet**
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    _dracarys_ wrote: »
    Strong humblebrag

+1

• slideaway1
    Options
    If I wanted a dating site I would use Grinder .....erm...I meant Tinder...Tinder...I meant Tinder!!! :#
  • slideaway1
    Options
    The last time I made that mistake I couldn't walk for days. I think my work here is done.
  • never2bstopped
    Options
    If you were here solely for losing weight, you wouldn't have a pic up. If you did, it would be of something regarding losing weight...not a picture of your face that you obviously think is an attractive picture. Hence, you LIKE people thinking you're pretty. And now you're mad that someone thought you were pretty.

And this is why men say women make no sense at all. Thanks for that.

Also...That dude in my pic? Met him here. Guess that means I should leave MFP or we should just break up since that's not why we're here. Nope nope nope...can't ever find something you weren't expecting in a place that you weren't looking for it. For instance, I HATE when I go to the store specifically for one thing and then someone surprises me by giving me something else wonderful. NO, DUDE! That's NOT why I'm HERE!

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Alright, I know I dropped a gif and made fun of the OP, but I can totally relate. Sometimes I go to the grocery store and somehow end up having random sex with a hot woman. Really, I'm there to buy sausages, not use mine... sheesh, I hate that.