Is Fitbit worth the money?

Options
1235»

Replies

• D_squareG
    D_squareG Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I've had my Flex for over two years with no problems. I think it is a helpful tool for weight loss and fitness.
  • atbnh
    atbnh Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have the Charge HR which I upgraded from the Flex. I absolutely love it. It automatically tracks my sleep, active minutes, floors climbed in addition to my steps. It syncs with MFP and automatically adjusts my calories based on my HR. I have been known to get out of bed at night and do just a little extra to reach one of my goals that I am close to. It definitely has been a big motivator for me and certainly well worth the money.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Just to double check. The fitbit zip definitely syncs with mfp, right?

Yes, all of the Fitbit models sync with MFP.

• tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Angierae75 wrote: »
    earlnabby wrote: »
    Angierae75 wrote: »
    Keep in mind that if you're using a flex, and doing something where your hands are full, or you're pushing a cart or whatever, you should take your flex off and shove it in your pocket so that it picks up your steps.

Mine picks up steps no matter what my hands are doing. I have tested it many ways and have seen no difference. The only time it doesn't pick up all of the steps is when I am jogging in the pool. No matter what my arms are doing, I get about 80% of my steps because there isn't enough impact on the bottom of the pool because of the buoyancy of the water.

This whole thing about "your arms have to be moving" is a falsehood.

I'm glad this has been your experience. It has not been mine. I've spent an hour in the grocery store and only a very small % of my steps have been picked up while I was pushing the cart around.

80% of my steps isn't enough accuracy for me. It might be for others.

When I had the Flex, it counted almost none of the steps I took when pushing a shopping cart, a stroller, or carrying my daughter around. I switched to a One (for a few reasons, not really because of that). But regardless, I would still recommend any of the Fitbit models to anyone, because even if they aren't 100% accurate (nothing will be), it is still a great motivator to get moving.
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    I've had FitBit Charge HR for 3 months. I love it. I wear it all the time except when it charges and when I shower. It still looks like new. I haven't had any issues with it. I use it for running and I use it for day to day tracking. For me it has been money well spent.

Figure out what your needs are and do research from there. See what matches your needs and budget.
  • Sassy_xo
    Sassy_xo Posts: 44
    Options
    I had also been debating this for myself for about a year now. I really wanted a FitBit Flex, but since I am a college student with rent and bills and tuition to pay, I was having a hard time justifying the cost. I've been saving up, and finally took the plunge on Monday. I purchased mine in good used condition off of the App on the iPhone called Mercari. It is an app where you can buy or sell anything, and I have had a lot of success finding quality items for reduced prices on there. Mine is coming in the original box with everything included and extra bands for it all for $68. And the App offers you a money back guarantee, just in case anything is not up to par. This was a way for me to purchase mine at a cheaper price point that was in my budget. My health and fitness goals are worth it. I would say if you can fit it in your budget, either new or used, go for it! You are worth the investment in your wellness, and it will last you awhile and is a quality product!
  • chesves
    chesves Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my fitbit charge-- that and mfp have been a HUGE help for me!
  • erinelizabeth882
    erinelizabeth882 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I've heard particularly great things about the garmin vivofit as well, and you can get it with a chest strap HR monitor to help measure calories lost during workouts. That's the one I'm hoping to get soon.