For a Fat girl, I'm a fox! (apparently.)???

Options

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    partly I want to say he is an *kitten*, but I kinda feel for him too, I say stupid *kitten* when I am nervous too :)
  • yourradimradletshug
    yourradimradletshug Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    KrysKiss87 wrote: »
    1kyu6qk0a16o.jpg

Just thought I'd lighten up the mood a little. mmmm bananas.

This made me laugh harder than I think it should have!
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    from the OP's account.. it sounded to me like ... YOU'RE pretty BUT you're fat... and because YOU are.. you should actually consider my offer because even IF you are married.. an offer like this does NOT come along often.. 'cause.. like.. YOU are fat...

I personally agree with a poster above me who suggested that confidence above all things is a major attraction for men... I personally have dated women from 4-11 and 90 lbs.. to 5-11 and 280+ blonde, brunette, red... their only commonality is they all carried themselves with confidence...
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    That guy is a douche canoe! You should've kicked him in his nutsack!
  • cskone38
    cskone38 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I would'a said;
    Hey beautiful....
    I need to confess to you that for me there is only one truth: I´m very interested in dating you. I've seen you in this elevator quite a few times and now I just worked up the nerve to say something. I wanna be happy and able to proclaim to all the world that I´ve got the most gorgeous and polite girl in this office bldg and that she´s my beloved friend, and my hope to, maybe, one day be, my girlfriend.
  • breezy0906
    breezy0906 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    this is the story of my life.
    "omg you're gorgeous for a big girl"
    "arent you the cutest chubby thing?"
    "Big girls always have the prettiest faces"
    no.
    bye.
    have several seats.
  • jessilee119
    jessilee119 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    My guess is that he didn't intend for it to come out the way he did. People say stupid *kitten* sometimes- especially when nervous around a pretty gal.

That's the truth. My husband even finally told me "if I say something to you and there's two ways you can take it - the way that isn't negative is how I meant it." By nature I'm a defensive person (and I have self esteem issues) so I always assume there's a hidden negative meaning to everything.

I remember one time a few years ago I was waiting for the train and a random stranger was sitting next to me striking up a conversation. He looked old enough to be my grandfather and as we're talking he comes out and says "if you lost 10 pounds you would look good in a bathing suit." Seriously?!

• breezy0906
    breezy0906 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Im happily in a relationship but I never get hit on by guys where I live ( South Jersey / Philly area) But I be killin em in New York and down South. It never fails. my boyfriend is from Brooklyn so.....
    Anybody else have similar experiences with geographical location?
  • JessieLMay
    JessieLMay Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I will never understand how people find that offensive. to me, it just means that he isn't usually attracted to big girls, but you are so attractive to him, that now he is. Nothing wrong with that. In fact, I think it's a great thing. I love to hear it.
  • SerenityGrace
    Options
    zambodiare wrote: »
    I'm guessing bad social skills...BUT..this reminds me of an old co-worker of mine. He's an attractive, tall and skinny dude. We became friends and he immediately began hitting on me. The issue...he admittedly only likes, "big girls". I think part of me went, "okay, so you only want to rumble in my jungle because my *kitten* is a landing strip for commercial airways?!". Didn't work for me. Like me because I'm awesome, not because you like more cushion for your pushin'.

You are implying that a person can't have a preference. My husband liked curvy women which is why he thought my body was awesome. I prefer men on the thicker side, built but not The Terminator. I have dated skinny guys despite I don't find skinny to be my ideal. Seriously, it seems ridiculus to say a man can't prefer a bigger girl. Maybe he wants something to grab a hold of. Maybe he likes the way a woman's curves look. maybe he simply finds bigger girls beautiful in general. I would hate it if everyone only wanted slender girls. The women in my family would be single forever, LOL.
  • AngelsFan91106
    AngelsFan91106 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I read this post last night and somehow it stuck with me. I absolutely don't blame you for feeling crappy about his comment. It was a lousy "compliment." But from your original post and your update, I don't think he's a douche. Like many women have said, men put their foot in their mouths a LOT--even nice men.

So, if you can, try to look back at the incident as a cute but way awkward guy hitting on you, if only because it'll make your future elevator rides less uncomfortable, and, cuz you're hella sexy, yo.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    JessieLMay wrote: »
    I will never understand how people find that offensive. to me, it just means that he isn't usually attracted to big girls, but you are so attractive to him, that now he is. Nothing wrong with that. In fact, I think it's a great thing. I love to hear it.

Really?
  • Mawlumber
    Mawlumber Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Matahairi wrote: »
    The biggest back-handed compliment a person can get. Ugghh. The other favorite is "you have such a pretty face, now if you could just lose the weight". My goal is to NEVER hear this ever again!

I have been told many times "you have a beautiful face". My thoughts were, what about the rest of me?!? Then my other favorite is "maybe we can hookup on the DL". LOL I hope to never hear this again, either.
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Mawlumber wrote: »
    Matahairi wrote: »
    The biggest back-handed compliment a person can get. Ugghh. The other favorite is "you have such a pretty face, now if you could just lose the weight". My goal is to NEVER hear this ever again!

I have been told many times "you have a beautiful face". My thoughts were, what about the rest of me?!?.

See now, that I consider a nice compliment and I think it sounds like your perception is a bit distorted. If you hear "Your eyes are so deep it makes me dizzy to look into them", would you think "Oh, so my nose must be uggly then?".

Being told your face is beautiful has nothing demeaning or condescending about it, it just means that person was impressed with your features. If there is "but...," at the end of the compliment (like the implied "but" in the case OP described), then that's another kettle of fish.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    cskone38 wrote: »
    I would'a said;
    Hey beautiful....
    I need to confess to you that for me there is only one truth: I´m very interested in dating you. I've seen you in this elevator quite a few times and now I just worked up the nerve to say something. I wanna be happy and able to proclaim to all the world that I´ve got the most gorgeous and polite girl in this office bldg and that she´s my beloved friend, and my hope to, maybe, one day be, my girlfriend.

Hopefully she works on at least the 7th floor of the building...

...because you're going to need some time to say all that.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    One of my friends (he's African-American) went to a job interview. The interviewer (who was Caucasian) told him he 'speaks very well.'

Telling someone "she's pretty for a big girl" sort of reminds me of that. Not exactly a compliment and doesn't say much about the person giving it either.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Sigh...sounds like he really did mean well, but....for a lab tech he's not very smart. At least not socially. I would have been offended. But oh well...*shrugs* Cute guy is crushing on you, and you're already taken..so I guess no harm done. :)
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Uugh. Whether he meant well or not, it would have pissed me off, too. I've been told I have a nice body "for a mom".
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Maybe he read that nasty piece of literature "The Game". It's called negging, and apparently it works on some girls....
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    This reminded me of the time some dude from high school said "you look great since you lost weight. Too bad your boobs are small now."

..some people are socially awkward. I am, for sure. Some are just jerks..like dude from high school. I wasn't there so I can't tell which you've encountered. But yay..you're pretty!