Things that aren't worth the calories........

Options

Replies

• cdn_beaver
    cdn_beaver Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Sugar laden foods. They rot my stomach so it's easy to stay away from them.
    Red wine is totally worth the calories.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Foods I don't like and foods that don't taste good (to me).
  • HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    CrabNebula wrote: »
    Regular sodas, full-fat ice cream, cakes/cheesecakes (except on special occasions), brownies, cookies (I used to bake every day...), most fast food items, peanut butter, non-alcoholic milkshakes.

It isn't that I don't like these things, I just don't feel like they are worth the calories the vast majority of the time any more. I mean, I could blow 1/4-1/3 of the day's cals on a single slice of cheesecake easy. Doesn't mean it is never worth it, but as an everyday thing? No, not anymore.

Milk shakes, fast food, cookies, brownies and cheese cake? There was a time when these were "everyday things" ?!?!?

Yes. My highest BMI was 44.9. I am 22.1 now.

That's a great transformation. And also a really good view into what the consequences might look like for a super decadent lifestyle. Trolling fancy bakeries on the daily would be *wonderful* but I can see why we don't all do just that...
  • HardcoreP0rk
    Options
    mummma wrote: »
    I had a big *kitten* jelly filled donut about a month ago from a local bakery that is known for this particular donut. I ate it, thought it was ok, found out it had 700 calories and was sick about it. No way was it worth 700 calories. I was hungry an hour later.

eurgh! thats exactly the kind of thing that had us talking this topic lol it definitely makes us think twice!
    I had a big *kitten* jelly filled donut about a month ago from a local bakery that is known for this particular donut. I ate it, thought it was ok, found out it had 700 calories and was sick about it. No way was it worth 700 calories. I was hungry an hour later.

eurgh! thats exactly the kind of thing that had us talking this topic lol it definitely makes us think twice!

it is SO aggravating to eat something like a subpar donut, and find out later that it had 4x the calories you expected...
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Double post. Thanks, MFP error!
  • HardcoreP0rk
    Options

it is SO aggravating to eat something like a subpar donut, and find out later that it had 4x the calories you expected...
  • beachhouse758
    beachhouse758 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I don't waste calories on cake, ice cream, cupcakes, muffins, chips, pizza, Chinese takeout, those 700 calorie Starbucks Coffee drinks, sodas, juice, mayo, regular salad dressings, regular beer, candy bars.

What I looove: Porterhouse, standing rib roast, baby back ribs, avocado, shrimp, crab, scallops.
  • mummma
    mummma Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    i've edited the coke thing. its just what people call it here!!
  • HardcoreP0rk
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    full fat coke
    Coke doesn't have any fat in it.

Bravo detective!

How many more people need to point this one out? What's the over under on how many more coke-correcting posts we'll get?
  • kluvit
    kluvit Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    non-diet beverages (regular coke, regular frap/non-skinny latte, shakes, etc.)
    pop-tarts (for some crazy reason, my husband bought some a few weeks ago - not even a little tempted)
    taco salad shell (but the chips and salsa are sooo worth it)
    soggy fries (I love french fries and indulge almost weekly, but they must taste GOOD)

• CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I had a big *kitten* jelly filled donut about a month ago from a local bakery that is known for this particular donut. I ate it, thought it was ok, found out it had 700 calories and was sick about it. No way was it worth 700 calories. Plus I was super hungry again an hour later.

Yeah, I've been there. I ate two donuts from Top Pot and was at 1100 calories. I crapped my pants when I saw that. I hit the trails of several hours after that mistake.

I still eat 500+ cal donuts, but maybe only once every 2-3 months after I have fit them into my budget. My family goes out and chooses different kinds and we cut them into quarters so we can try a bunch of different kinds. Strangely enough it always makes you feel like you have eaten more than you have or you feel more satisfied than just eating one variety of single donut.
  • HardcoreP0rk
    Options
    I had a big *kitten* jelly filled donut about a month ago from a local bakery that is known for this particular donut. I ate it, thought it was ok, found out it had 700 calories and was sick about it. No way was it worth 700 calories. Plus I was super hungry again an hour later.

Yeah, I've been there. I ate two donuts from Top Pot and was at 1100 calories. I crapped my pants when I saw that. I hit the trails of several hours after that mistake.

I still eat 500+ cal donuts, but maybe only once every 2-3 months after I have fit them into my budget. My family goes out and chooses different kinds and we cut them into quarters so we can try a bunch of different kinds. Strangely enough it always makes you feel like you have eaten more than you have or you feel more satisfied than just eating one variety of single donut.

Do you live in Seattle?
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    this stupid salad I got at Glory days one time, wasn't even very tasty and when I logged it it was like 1200 calories, how do you even come up with 1200 calories worth of not tastyness!?!? Now I know better.....
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options

Do you live in Seattle?

In the general Puget Sound area, yeah.
  • mummma
    Options
    full fat coke
    Coke doesn't have any fat in it.

Bravo detective!

How many more people need to point this one out? What's the over under on how many more coke-correcting posts we'll get?
    Yeah because I'm the only one that doesn't read the entire thread word for word I'm going to say at least two people per page.

well i edited it to 'non diet soda' is that any better?! i mean we dont even call it soda here so how am i supposed to know
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    WHO THE HELL WOULD SAY WINE ISN'T WORTH THE CALORIES?

BLASPHEMY

:angry: :anguished::astonished::cold_sweat:
  • mummma
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    WHO THE HELL WOULD SAY WINE ISN'T WORTH THE CALORIES?

BLASPHEMY

:angry: :anguished::astonished::cold_sweat:

hhaha yes trust me my friend got some funny looks
  • HardcoreP0rk
    Options

Do you live in Seattle?

In the general Puget Sound area, yeah.

I had a house in Capitol Hill for a while. Love that place...didnt realize they had so many cafes. I think the Top Pot donuts are worth it, btw
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I'm going with McDonald's Milkshakes, but ONLY because they're complete crap. Got my hubby a Shamrock shake the Sunday before St. Patrick's day. It looked great. Started to eat/drink it and it was complete soup. EFF THAT! So we went to Arby's On St. Patricks and got their Andes Mint shake and it was 1000% better. Will never buy a milkshake from McD's again.